Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 00:50   #9091
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
iphone 3gs 8gb @ 19900 actually comes with prepaid plan whereas with postpaid it is still @ 13K as couple of dealers I inquired in Gurgaon have the stock.

Looks like your dealer don't have stock and he is trying to push the other package.

You can call the aircel helpline and they will tell you about other dealers near your area.
Called helpline- No response from them, Just some stupid people sitting there

BTW When you inquired from gurgaon dealer ? My aircel store retailer told me that offer ended 7 days back.

I'll go to another store tomorrow again and will confirm.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 9th August 2012, 10:31   #9092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Take the mobile to a mobile repair shop or authorised service centre and get it flashed.

Rohan
Thanks , will surely try this out
Old 9th August 2012, 11:13   #9093
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Called helpline- No response from them, Just some stupid people sitting there
Normal, since it was some call centre guy (or girl) who would not have a clue.
Old 9th August 2012, 12:19   #9094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
If she has already gotten used to an iPhone then I wouldn't suggest anything else. If the 4 (8GB) doesn't fall into her budget she can buy the iPhone 3GS from Aircel for 9,999 and a 3k data plan and if she doesn't want to shift operators, just change sims to her original sim and it'll work.
thankyou for your reply deepak, well she wants to change handset and platform as well from iphone to android and have already decided that as well, what remains is which handset to buy in 20k price range and not a penny beyond 20k, sammy galaxy s advance seems to be a nice handset but then when i saw the specifications its neither here nor there it seems but experts or owners pour in your thoughts please.
Old 9th August 2012, 12:29   #9095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
iphone 3gs 8gb @ 19900 actually comes with prepaid plan whereas with postpaid it is still @ 13K as couple of dealers I inquired in Gurgaon have the stock.

Looks like your dealer don't have stock and he is trying to push the other package.

You can call the aircel helpline and they will tell you about other dealers near your area.
Aircel replied back on their FB page, Offer is over now.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 9th August 2012, 12:31   #9096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
thankyou for your reply deepak, well she wants to change handset and platform as well from iphone to android and have already decided that as well, what remains is which handset to buy in 20k price range and not a penny beyond 20k, sammy galaxy s advance seems to be a nice handset but then when i saw the specifications its neither here nor there it seems but experts or owners pour in your thoughts please.
At least three of my female friends have bought this Sony Xperia U. Check that out as well. They like the interchangeable bottom covers, the camera is great and the size is just perfect for them. And she can save 5k too. You can get it at about 15k. But it will be too tiny a screen compared to a Samsung Galaxy SL or Advance series. The Xolo is also available for around 19k. I think you should choose between these 3 based on the requirement and according to her liking.
Old 9th August 2012, 12:45   #9097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in a similar dilemma. Looking between HTC One V and Xperia Pro. Both will have ICS. Samsungs, other than the very high end ones are very boring.
Old 9th August 2012, 19:01   #9098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I am in a similar dilemma. Looking between HTC One V and Xperia Pro. Both will have ICS. Samsungs, other than the very high end ones are very boring.
Between the Xperia Pro and the htc One V, I would suggest the One V. See if you like htc Sense. Most people prefer Sony's Timescape to htc's Sense. I would also suggest you look at Xperia P. ICS has already started rolling out in India for the Xperia P.
Old 9th August 2012, 22:08   #9099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Between the Xperia Pro and the htc One V, I would suggest the One V. See if you like htc Sense. Most people prefer Sony's Timescape to htc's Sense. I would also suggest you look at Xperia P. ICS has already started rolling out in India for the Xperia P.
One V has a non-removable battery. The Xperia has a keyboard (although its little thick because of that).
Sony is updating all Xperia phones and might also update to Jelly Bean. Will look at the Xperia this weekend and maybe buy it. Camera is certainly better in Sony.
Old 11th August 2012, 08:12   #9100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

Aircel replied back on their FB page, Offer is over now.

Cheers,
Sameer
I have just received my Aircel postpaid bill yesterday. The envelope has the offer at 9,999 quite prominently. They should have mentioned "first come first served basis only" also quite prominently.
Old 11th August 2012, 11:56   #9101
BHPian

Quote:
My cousin is looking to buy a new handset, she was using iphone till now.Her budget is 20K max and she has shortlisted samsung galaxy s Advance, havent seen or heard about this handset within my group of friends, so any first hand experience do share about the feedback of this handset and also what are the best handsets availble in this price range.
Not sure if you have already bought the mobile but I would like to recommend Sony Xperia Sola. I got one for my dad and he is quite happy with it. I am not sure what the usage is going to be but little browsing/whatsapping should be ok with the batery life.
Old 11th August 2012, 16:13   #9102
Senior - BHPian

Final call - Samsung Galaxy S Advance OR HTC One V?

Guys I have to make final decision so please tell me the pros and cons of both phones.

There is no no front cam/dual core in one v but same is present in galaxy advance s but the former comes with android 4.0 whereas the latter one is still shipped with old version - is it up-gradable? Which of the two are latest model in market?

What is the best price of both phones?
Old 11th August 2012, 20:07   #9103
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your help.

Indiaplaza and sulekha are offering dell venue for around 13,500. Should, I buy this ?

Considering, I get 1 ghz processor and 4.1 inch AMOLED screen with gorilla glass and 8mp camera with 720P video recording.

But, I guess, Dell discontinued this phone in july this year and it still runs on Android 2.2.

What you guys suggest ? and Can i upgrade it to ICS ?

Please help

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 11th August 2012, 20:12   #9104
BHPian

Quote:
Final call - Samsung Galaxy S Advance OR HTC One V?

Guys I have to make final decision so please tell me the pros and cons of both phones.

There is no no front cam/dual core in one v but same is present in galaxy advance s but the former comes with android 4.0 whereas the latter one is still shipped with old version - is it up-gradable? Which of the two are latest model in market?

What is the best price of both phones?
@bluevolt Go for the Samsung. It will soon have a ICS update. It has a greater screen size and also a better display. Samsung has 8 GB of internal memory as compared to 4 GB that of HTC. Also it has better RAM memory than the HTC which will not make the UI sluggish if upgraded to ICS. The Touchwiz works like charm on the Samsung. And a front camera is a must these days for video calling. So i suggest you go for Samsung.

@ sameerg001 Dont go for Dell Venue. The phone doesn't respond well. I suggest you go for Sony Ericsson WT19i. I have personally used this phone and it is wonderful. Has scratch resistant screen. The touch screen is awesome Has great sound as it comes from Walkman series. Also has a good camera with 720p recording. But you can't upgrade it to ICS from 2.3. You will get it for 13,500 on flipkart.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th August 2012 at 16:44.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:15   #9105
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy Nexus

What is current street price of Samsung/Gogle Galaxy Nexus? Shame that this is not officially launched in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks