Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2017, 12:34   #2971
BHPian

Re: Car Stereo to Home Stereo?

Can a old Car stereo be plugged onto my 2 bookshelves?

I am NOT able to get a clear FM signal from small FM radios connected via aux onto my stereo amp. So am wondering whether I can connect my old HU which is lying around and get a clear FM reception.

Please suggest!!
Old 14th April 2017, 13:30   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Can a old Car stereo be plugged onto my 2 bookshelves?
What are the power ratings of your book shelves and the car Stereo?
An average car stereo is optimistically rated at 30w while most bookshelves min input power is 20w. Such a setup will damage your speakers.
Running an underpowered amp to drive bigger speakers will most likely cause Clipping and can fry almost all tweeters unless you have some protection built in.
Old 14th April 2017, 14:14   #2973
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
What are the power ratings of your book shelves and the car Stereo?
An average car stereo is optimistically rated at 30w while most bookshelves min input power is 20w. Such a setup will damage your speakers.
Running an underpowered amp to drive bigger speakers will most likely cause Clipping and can fry almost all tweeters unless you have some protection built in.
There will be a digital stereo amp between the car stereo and the bookshelves. When I can connect a pocket radio/walkman through aux onto the digital amp which outputs to bookshelves, why NOT a car stereo?
Old 14th April 2017, 17:30   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
There will be a digital stereo amp between the car stereo and the bookshelves. When I can connect a pocket radio/walkman through aux onto the digital amp which outputs to bookshelves, why NOT a car stereo?
if there is a amp in between car stereo and speakers then technically speaking setup should be okay, provided RMS ratings match.
Old 14th April 2017, 18:58   #2975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Looks like the better way to go would be to do an 'a-la-carte'

Selection so far - either Yamaha RX-V379 or the Pioneer VSX 531, both are roughly around 31-32K INR.

For speakers frankly speaking I am planning to go slow, but open for suggestions as I can slowly build up later

1. Polk Audio T15 Bookshelves - 12K (Pair)
2. Thonet and Vander Vertrag Bluetooth 2.0 Wooden Bookshelf - 9.5K (Pair)
3. Swans D1010-IV - 8.5K (Pair)
4. F&D T60X Tower Speaker - 10.5K (Pair)

I am planning to order any 2 of the above 4, what combination would be the best. Also since all of these are sold individually, how does the connection work, these sets would need their own power source as well right?

Net net, in about 2 days my budget has increased from 30K to 50K
I was in the same situation as you were 3 months ago. My budget went up from 30K to 1 lac. In the end I spent about 55K. I am located in Pune. If you would like to drop by, please PM me. You can have a demo to get a bit more feel of what you get for 55K and the number of wires that come along with it.
I realized that unless you have a dedicated room, your better-half has a veto power. So, most of this analysis goes out of the window.
Old 15th April 2017, 00:11   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Exact same combo I have shortlisted of getting but still haven't got.

How much did this come up to?

I listened to Polk, Jamo, Keff and from all of them, the Zensor 3 I liked the most.
I got both from Amazon. You can get the Marantz for 39K at Hifimart. The Dalis retail for 34K everywhere I checked, but it went for 27K some time ago apparently. You have the advantage of being in Bangalore, so ask around various dealers for the best price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!

I had also auditioned the Zensors when I was hunting for my HT but then settled for something else.

The wires in your setup should go through the stands for a cleaner look.

Enjoy!
Thanks! Reg. the wires, as I mentioned in the original post, this is a Temporary setup. Everything will be cleaned up eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Congrats on your setup, looks nice
To enjoy the vocals in movies the next thing I would pick is a center speaker.
I feel that would give more value than the Surrounds.
Surrounds next and then a sub.
Thanks! I was planning for a sub next, but I think will wait and see. If down the road, if I feel the vocals are missing in movies, I guess I will reconsider

BTW, the AVR had a firmware update via WIFI. Also had an observation that it can pickup the music library on my PC via the Plex media server I have setup, through the "Online Music" Option.
Old 20th April 2017, 14:04   #2977
BHPian

I am planning to buy Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf speakers along with Dali E9F subwoofer, with a hope that subwoofer being again a Dali product will integrate well with the Zensor 3. Am I correct with this assumption. I have not had a chance to hear from this subwoofer anywhere. My preference is soft and warm bass. This is going to be purely for listening music and the setup will be coupled with Yamaha RN602
Old 20th April 2017, 14:54   #2978
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I am planning to buy Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf speakers along with Dali E9F subwoofer, with a hope that subwoofer being again a Dali product will integrate well with the Zensor 3. Am I correct with this assumption.
I don't think active (powered) sub-woofers being (or not being) from the same brand/family will make any difference, you're free to mix and match.

Usually, problems with tonal quality (mismatch) arise mostly with the center speaker not matching up with front left and right speakers - hence, as a rule of thumb, the front left, right and center are from the same brand/family.
Old 20th April 2017, 14:55   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf speakers along with Dali E9F subwoofer, with a hope that subwoofer being again a Dali product will integrate well with the Zensor 3. Am I correct with this assumption. I have not had a chance to hear from this subwoofer anywhere. My preference is soft and warm bass. This is going to be purely for listening music and the setup will be coupled with Yamaha RN602
Not sure on the integration part being from the same family. Not really required.
For a purely music experience try some sealed subs - SVS SB1000.
Old 20th April 2017, 15:33   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Not sure on the integration part being from the same family. Not really required.
For a purely music experience try some sealed subs - SVS SB1000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I don't think active (powered) sub-woofers being (or not being) from the same brand/family will make any difference, you're free to mix and match.
Thanks for the clarification. It is mentioned in the Dali website that E9F could compliment the Zensor series, however, spending so much money, I don't want to leave any room for doubts. Thanks again.
Old 20th April 2017, 16:04   #2981
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. It is mentioned in the Dali website that E9F could compliment the Zensor series, however, spending so much money, I don't want to leave any room for doubts. Thanks again.
I am not sure if I understood you here.

Dali site will always market their own.

However the best way is to demo both.

I think the E9F is for about Rs.47k and the SVS SB1000 is about Rs.55k
By the by which amp. you running and does it have sub outlets?
Old 20th April 2017, 17:48   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
I am not sure if I understood you here.

Dali site will always market their own.

However the best way is to demo both.

I think the E9F is for about Rs.47k and the SVS SB1000 is about Rs.55k
By the by which amp. you running and does it have sub outlets?
Dali E9F costs about 37k (after discounts) in Chennai. I am planning to buy Yamaha RN602 stereo receiver which has a sub out. I will need to enquire on how much SVS SB1000 will cost here. If it costs more than Dali's price, I may not be able to afford that. However, as you have advised, let me see if I can have demo of SVS SB1000 somewhere in Chennai. Many thanks!!
Old 30th April 2017, 16:38   #2983
BHPian

I got my first Hi-Fi Stereo from HiFi Mart recently. Did a demo of Dali Zensor3 and found to be good. But I read reviews of Wharfedale Diamond 225 and made up my mind for these.

Wharfedale Diamond 225 Bookshelves - 27500/-
Marantz PM6006 Stereo Amplifier - 35000/-

I am using Airplay to stream my music from a NAS drive via Airport express that is connected to the Marantz via Optical cable.

The other connection is directly to my MacBook Pro via RCA to 3.5mm audio jack.

Tremendous improvement in audio quality when playing flac and 320kbps MP3 media.

Now I am on a lookout for a good Streaming/Network player that has streaming capabilities.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theater thread-img_1900.jpg  

The Home Theater thread-img_1901.jpg  

Last edited by Maibaa : 30th April 2017 at 16:41. Reason: Picture alignment not right
Old 7th May 2017, 00:35   #2984
BHPian

Anybody here who owns the Aiwa Exos-9 portable Bluetooth speaker?
Am planning to import it from US.
Customer reviews are all 5 stars. And it has got praise all over the internet. Buying it blindly so just thought of asking here.
Old 14th May 2017, 06:05   #2985
BHPian

I'm planning to purchase speakers for my Samsung 4k TV. I was using Z623 previously and as my TV accepts optical or hdmi arc i m having to switch. My budget currently max 18K, I've tested some soundbars from JBL, Samsung, Sony.. not convinced 100% with any of those. I've recently come across the Behringer MS40 studio monitor speakers which have optical-in which serves my purpose. I haven't heard them myself but overall reviews are in positive direction.

My question is how much bass will these effectively produce? These will be my primary speakers, I'll be using these for Netflix, movies, music... Suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks