Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 15:45   #2956
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
If you want a good music along with movies, then it is better to start with AVR and two speakers. There are models from Pioneer, Yamaha you can get around 30K which has Bluetooth. For speakers, you should spend another 20K minimum (you can check for some good second hand option though)
Hey thanks r_devakumar, would you be able to share some models, I searched for Yamaha systems but didn't find one with Bluetooth.
I also found some AVR units with speakers, is it better to kind of build-up or to buy a set.
Also, if other members can shed some light on my other questions regarding the Sony Party System and output, it would be really helpful.
Old 10th April 2017, 16:10   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hey thanks r_devakumar, would you be able to share some models, I searched for Yamaha systems but didn't find one with Bluetooth.
I also found some AVR units with speakers, is it better to kind of build-up or to buy a set.
Also, if other members can shed some light on my other questions regarding the Sony Party System and output, it would be really helpful.
Looking at your budget and needs, may i suggest a sound bar or sound plinth.
It should come within your budget. Has bluetooth. etc.
Look for Cambridge Audio
Old 11th April 2017, 09:44   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Looking at your budget and needs, may i suggest a sound bar or sound plinth.
Look for Cambridge Audio
Hi Sanjbmw2001,

Thanks for the suggestion, we are open for Sound Bars, did check out the Harman SB26 and loved it too.
Didn't find any dealers for Cambridge in Pune, I would like to experience the sound before I put my money in there.

I have been looking closely at the Sony MHC-GT4D (Party System) found that it is extremely versatile with the removable tower speakers which can be made to place as per your needs/requirements. Also has wheels plus trolley handle for portability and bluetooth as well.
The disc lights just add to the fun factor. Would love to hear some feedback on this product.
Old 11th April 2017, 10:05   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Am assuming you are looking to have a 2.1 system in place?
The sonus goes down to 45Hz.

For music as a first priority - look for sealed hubs, they are also not bad for movies.
Look at the SVS SB1000 @ Rs.55K or its ported brother PB1000 at the same price.
Slightly higher up the range is the REL range.

I hope this is (55K) is what you meant by not spending too much.
There are subs at lower price points - but not sure if they would be able to add anything to the system

hey sanjbmw

Thanks for your advice.
55k is really beyond what I am looking to spend right now.
Let me hold on to this purchase for a while now.

cheers
lazy
Old 11th April 2017, 11:24   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sanjbmw2001,

Thanks for the suggestion, we are open for Sound Bars, did check out the Harman SB26 and loved it too.
Didn't find any dealers for Cambridge in Pune, I would like to experience the sound before I put my money in there.

I have been looking closely at the Sony MHC-GT4D (Party System) found that it is extremely versatile with the removable tower speakers which can be made to place as per your needs/requirements. Also has wheels plus trolley handle for portability and bluetooth as well.
The disc lights just add to the fun factor. Would love to hear some feedback on this product.
I could not find any specs on the Sony. It seems to be marketed as a life style system. Is that what you are after.

I can suggest the Minx Xi as an all in one system or even the Nad D3020 amplifier. For speakers you can look at the Zensor 1's.
This will run you close to 70K but you will have a system to appreciate music or movies. It will loud enough too.
As a third option have a look at HTiB - Onkyo is a good place to start.
Old 11th April 2017, 12:04   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sanjbmw2001,

Avoid brands like Sony, LG, and all for good sound.

Looking at your budget you should look at brands like Onkyo, Boston Acoustics, Yamaha, Wharfedale, etc.
Old 11th April 2017, 17:52   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Yamaha RX-V379, RX-V481, Pioneer VSX-531 are few of the models which will be in the range of 30-40K. Onkyo also will have few models in that range. For speakers, you can check Wharfedale Diamond 220, BOSTON ACOUSTICS A 26. You can add a Sub later to enhance Movies.

Music sound different (you can call it clean, deep...) from the setup like the above than you get from Sound bars and systems like the Sony party system. It is better you listen them before you decide.
Old 11th April 2017, 20:44   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
I could not find any specs on the Sony. It seems to be marketed as a life style system. Is that what you are after.

I can suggest the Minx Xi as an all in one system or even the Nad D3020 amplifier. For speakers you can look at the Zensor 1's.
This will run you close to 70K but you will have a system to appreciate music or movies. It will loud enough too.
As a third option have a look at HTiB - Onkyo is a good place to start.
Thanks sanjbmw2001,
Honestly speaking I think I had zero understanding of all this, this is getting to be a big revelation to me, never knew it was so difficult. At the moment I have put Sony on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
Avoid brands like Sony, LG, and all for good sound.

Looking at your budget you should look at brands like Onkyo, Boston Acoustics, Yamaha, Wharfedale, etc.
Thanks Kestrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Yamaha RX-V379, RX-V481, Pioneer VSX-531 are few of the models which will be in the range of 30-40K. Onkyo also will have few models in that range. For speakers, you can check Wharfedale Diamond 220, BOSTON ACOUSTICS A 26. You can add a Sub later to enhance Movies.

Music sound different (you can call it clean, deep...) from the setup like the above than you get from Sound bars and systems like the Sony party system. It is better you listen them before you decide.
Thanks r_devakumar!

Looks like the better way to go would be to do an 'a-la-carte'

Selection so far - either Yamaha RX-V379 or the Pioneer VSX 531, both are roughly around 31-32K INR.

For speakers frankly speaking I am planning to go slow, but open for suggestions as I can slowly build up later

1. Polk Audio T15 Bookshelves - 12K (Pair)
2. Thonet and Vander Vertrag Bluetooth 2.0 Wooden Bookshelf - 9.5K (Pair)
3. Swans D1010-IV - 8.5K (Pair)
4. F&D T60X Tower Speaker - 10.5K (Pair)

I am planning to order any 2 of the above 4, what combination would be the best. Also since all of these are sold individually, how does the connection work, these sets would need their own power source as well right?

Or my other choice would be to go with the below Yamaha tower and then chill out for a while till my pocket recovers.

Yamaha Speaker System Ns-8390 - 19K (2 tower speakers).

Net net, in about 2 days my budget has increased from 30K to 50K
Old 13th April 2017, 14:47   #2964
BHPian

Quote:

...Looks like the better way to go would be to do an 'a-la-carte'

Selection so far - either Yamaha RX-V379 or the Pioneer VSX 531, both are roughly around 31-32K INR.

For speakers frankly speaking I am planning to go slow, but open for suggestions as I can slowly build up later
========
Or my other choice would be to go with the below Yamaha tower and then chill out for a while till my pocket recovers.

Net net, in about 2 days my budget has increased from 30K to 50K
Please check the below link, which will be similar to the Yamaha RX-V379 with Ns-8390. This option seems to be good to start with for Movie + Music, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theat...tml#post313161

You need only passive speakers to connect to the AVR, which doesn't need any additional power source. You should not buy any active speakers.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th April 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readabiity
Old 14th April 2017, 09:04   #2965
BHPian

Thanks for all suggestions, can't seem to find a Thanks button on this thread!

I finally went with the Marantz NR1506 + Dali Zensor 3s. Got some 14 gauge wires from Amazon basics as well. Some pics of the temporary setup, will move the setup to a permanent location soon:
The Home Theater thread-one.jpg
The Home Theater thread-two.jpg

Initial impressions: Great detail, highs are great, very good soundstage. Vocals are nice, but a bit recessed esp. Male voices. Bass is good, but I will have to refine the placement of speakers to get it right. Detailed impressions to come after burn in!
Old 14th April 2017, 10:28   #2966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post

I finally went with the Marantz NR1506 + Dali Zensor 3s. Got some 14 gauge wires from Amazon basics as well. Some pics of the temporary setup, will move the setup to a permanent location soon:

Initial impressions: Great detail, highs are great, very good soundstage. Vocals are nice, but a bit recessed esp. Male voices. Bass is good, but I will have to refine the placement of speakers to get it right. Detailed impressions to come after burn in!
Do these speakers need a separate power input to run?
Old 14th April 2017, 10:41   #2967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 1629586
Attachment 1629587

Exact same combo I have shortlisted of getting but still haven't got.

How much did this come up to?

I listened to Polk, Jamo, Keff and from all of them, the Zensor 3 I liked the most.
Old 14th April 2017, 10:44   #2968
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1629586
Attachment 1629587

Congratulations on your purchase!

I had also auditioned the Zensors when I was hunting for my HT but then settled for something else.

The wires in your setup should go through the stands for a cleaner look.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Do these speakers need a separate power input to run?
No they don't.
Amplified signals are provided by the AVR or the amp.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2017 at 11:18. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the MULTIQUOTE feature (see our FAQs). Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 11:16   #2969
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I listened to Polk, Jamo, Keff and from all of them, the Zensor 3 I liked the most.
Ah, that's some progress finally

Keep us posted on the final outcome.
Old 14th April 2017, 11:48   #2970
BHPian

Quote:

I finally went with the Marantz NR1506 + Dali Zensor 3s. Got some 14 gauge wires from Amazon basics as well. ..

Congrats on your setup, looks nice
To enjoy the vocals in movies the next thing I would pick is a center speaker.
I feel that would give more value than the Surrounds.
Surrounds next and then a sub.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks