Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2023, 11:51   #3796
BHPian

Vplak.com fake?

Any of you have experience with vplak.com? Are they fake by any chance?
I placed an order for Denon x6700h receiver as the deal on their website was very good. It was promised to be delivered in 5 days. Now 7 days have passed and they don't respond to calls, mails or whatsapp.
On their support number someone picked up after several attempts, but the moment they figured out I am calling to check on existing order, they pretended they can't hear me and cut the call!
Old 4th September 2023, 12:15   #3797
BHPian

Re: Vplak.com fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Any of you have experience with vplak.com? Are they fake by any chance?
I placed an order for Denon x6700h receiver as the deal on their website was very good. It was promised to be delivered in 5 days. Now 7 days have passed and they don't respond to calls, mails or whatsapp.
On their support number someone picked up after several attempts, but the moment they figured out I am calling to check on existing order, they pretended they can't hear me and cut the call!
This is a fake website. Just a cursory glance at the interface and the language used on the portal points to it being a scam.

Sorry, but you seem to have been conned in this case. Please lodge a cyber complaint immediately.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 16:56   #3798
BHPian

Re: Vplak.com fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
This is a fake website. Just a cursory glance at the interface and the language used on the portal points to it being a scam.

Sorry, but you seem to have been conned in this case. Please lodge a cyber complaint immediately.
I suspected the same. I had done a bit of search online before ordering and so several positive feedbacks. Looks like they are fake too.
Old 8th September 2023, 17:59   #3799
BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

After several follow ups, I received the Denon X6700H from VPLAK.

I had been using Yamaha RX-A2050 for past 6 years. This purchase was to upgrade my theater from 5.4.2 to 7.6.2.

Yamaha vs Denon - I felt Yamaha was a bit better to ears than Denon. Both receivers offer 150 watts per channel (at stereo). Odyssey couldn't live up to my expectation expect that it calibrated the levels and distance accurately. I had to tune the EQ of speakers myself. Yamaha certainly had better vocal clarity coming from central channel.

Denon is brighter than my liking and the Klipsch speakers boost the high-frequencies further. May be I should have gone with Marantz instead of Denon. Since this room will be primarily used for movies and I have a Marantz integrated Amp in another room for music, I thought, Denon is a better ROI for movies.

Anyone here felt similar if thay have experience with Yamaha vx Marantz vs Denon?. Or is it that the Denon needing further tuning?
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 12:57   #3800
BANNED

So VPLAK is not a scam site given that they actually delivered the product? It is just that they are have very slow/bad customer service?
Old 11th September 2023, 08:28   #3801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
So VPLAK is not a scam site given that they actually delivered the product? It is just that they are have very slow/bad customer service?
It is genuine, but inefficient. They had dispatched the item with in a day of order, but neither their system nor support had the status updated. They called me couple of time to apologize after the item was delivered. In fact they did notice my message on Team BHP and requested if I would delete my post. I told them no, but can update the status as delivered. True power of Team BHP community! I also put pressure through bank by raising a dispute. That also had reached them.
Old 11th September 2023, 09:09   #3802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Anyone here felt similar if thay have experience with Yamaha vx Marantz vs Denon?. Or is it that the Denon needing further tuning?
I have no personal experience using a Yamaha for extended periods.

Denon and Marantz are almost identical products when it comes to Home Theater equipment. Very little to differentiate other than branding and the front face plate. The cross over between the brands happen at the lower end of the spectrum. Marantz has stayed far away from the low rent Denon BT250 and 570BT models. In fact, once you head into the higher end AVR territory, its unlikely that you'll be able to tell the difference when it comes to sound. If you do find a difference, its likely a case of how the Audio is calibrated between the two units. Not a difference in component or part quality. They are about the same.

Klipsch, in general, are higher sensitivity speakers. You could dial down the higher frequencies and sort of tame that side of the frequency spectrum. May not completely resolve. Give it a few weeks. Perhaps the sound improves or your ears get adjusted to the new sound signature from the Denon.
Old 13th September 2023, 18:17   #3803
BHPian

Hello,

We would like to setup a Home Theater in one of the rooms (15ft * 16ft).

Requirement is to give a big screen experience to the kids (Mostly streaming from Youtube and other OTT apps). Having ATMOS is good. Would like to future proof the AVR for 8K (Atleast upscaling) and Projector to be 1080p Native with 4K upscaling support.

Budget as minimum as possible (Around 2-3 Lakh)

Options considered so far :

1. POLK - Seems to be more affordable

2. JBL - Seems to be expensive (Considering that there would be GST extra)

Would like to get opinions/suggestions from the members.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theater thread-jbl-option.jpg  

The Home Theater thread-polk-option.jpg  

Old 14th September 2023, 17:24   #3804
Senior - BHPian

The JBL Stage series is superb value for money. Very good sound.

Dont buy a HD projector. You can get a 4K projector at the budget you have been quoted a HD projector.

Go for a branded screen and branded cables, not the unbranded ones mentioned.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 13:26   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Would like to get opinions/suggestions from the members.
I got a custom HT setup a month back without a projector though. Do go back a couple of pages and read my post. The JBL A100P sub is more than enough as it literally packs a punch. I was considering the JBL floor standing speakers which you have shortlisted but they were out of my budget.

I hope you have auditioned the setup before deciding.
Old 15th September 2023, 14:23   #3806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The JBL Stage series is superb value for money. Very good sound.

Dont buy a HD projector. You can get a 4K projector at the budget you have been quoted a HD projector.

Go for a branded screen and branded cables, not the unbranded ones mentioned.
Thanks for your input. Could you please recommend a 4K projector at this price point ? Also, is there any particular brand would you recommend for the screen and cable ?
Old 15th September 2023, 17:02   #3807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Thanks for your input. Could you please recommend a 4K projector at this price point ? Also, is there any particular brand would you recommend for the screen and cable ?
The Viewsonic PX701 is the cheapest 4K projector out there and costs almost the same as what you have been quoted an HD projector for. But make sure you check that it works for your projection throw distance etc.

For screens look at Dalite, Elite etc. Anything that is a known international brand. Screen material is very important. Lot of local manufacturers pass off PVC and white cloth as screen material. Branded cables - Konig, Profigold, Bandridge
Bass&Trouble is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 08:40   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You have a great room. Consider getting a projector/ screen and some 5-7 channel amplifier. If you are looking at something good quality, look at Anthem. This guy in Delhi ( used to be active here on the Car Auto thread before- member)

https://theaudio.co

The store in Pune is also very good, but you will need to negotiate prices on phone/ in person.
Sir, we are looking to buy Polk Audio Legend L800 plus Anthem STR integrated amplifier. Since I am based out of Kerala, no option to audition them, so checking for feedbacks, especially regarding Anthem STR. Is it worth the money spent, plus is there any other better amplifiers (integrated) for speakers with 300 w (4 ohms) per channel in this price range that we should look at. I will contact this person quoted above for pricing, thanks.

*Polk Audio has come a long way I guess, the sound signature has improved in its current series when compared to the series it used to have 10 years back.
Old 17th September 2023, 10:11   #3809
BHPian

For those looking for a big screen experience ( upto 100 inch ), but do not want to shell out $$ for an all out professional setup.

Checkout the Samsung FreeStyle portable projector.
Samsung FreStyle Projector

Very versatile and total bang for the buck. Loaded in terms of inputs and interfaces.
Available on Amazon.in as well, as of this post today it retails at 55k on Amazon.

Last edited by Fillmore : 17th September 2023 at 10:12. Reason: corrected some stuff
Old 17th September 2023, 10:53   #3810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
we are looking to buy Polk Audio Legend L800 plus Anthem STR integrated amplifier.
I don’t have any experience with Anthem but have heard good reviews. Try this Pune retailer also, he sells online too and whatever price you see online, can negotiate.

+91 98509 82064 (most likely Mr. Anand)

No experience with Polk Audio.

If budget is not a constraint, consider a processor like MP-40 and add Amplifier like MXA-8400. These are from Lyngdorf.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks