Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 17:47   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Can anyone post how good is Samsung Galaxy I5503

Is it worth buying, I actually cannot spare 28k for I9000

I feel like buying one anytime but don't have any person around to guide me with its actual review, the Showroom idiots don't have a live set on display and one cannot decide by seeing a dummy of such a smartphone.
Samsung i5503 has a pathetically low res screen, If budget is a constraint, Try finding a used spica i5700 with warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
It's time for a new Android mobile device for myself. I already own a Samsung Galaxy i7500 which runs Android 1.5 and I had it almost for a year and now the audio isn't working anymore. I do not know if the guarantee / warranty would work.

Nevertheless, I have decided to get a new one. I'm considering to get the Sony Erricson XPERIA X10 Mini, but the question that I have is will it ever get Froyo? I do believe that Froyo requires atleast 1 GHZ of processor speed and the X10 Mini has just 600 MHZ. Is this a restriction to limit the X10 to Android 2.1. Anyone has ideas on these lines?
I would not recommend the x10 mini, It looks like an MP3 player and typing texts on the tiny 2.8" screen is a pain. I dont think x10 mini will get froyo, It is getting 2.1 in q4 or q1 next year.
Old 10th September 2010, 21:43   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Samsung i5503 has a pathetically low res screen, If budget is a constraint, Try finding a used spica i5700 with warranty.

I would not recommend the x10 mini, It looks like an MP3 player and typing texts on the tiny 2.8" screen is a pain. I dont think x10 mini will get froyo, It is getting 2.1 in q4 or q1 next year.
Agree with akshay regarding X10 mini not getting froyo update for sure and the inconvenience you might face while using the small screen.
My suggestion would be to wait for some more months as Indian smartphone industry is going to have more options. This would definitely bring consumer low cost android based devices.
Old 10th September 2010, 23:34   #318
BHPian

So I finally bought the X10 Mini today for 250 Euros. I find this much comfortable than my old Samsung Galaxy. Even though it looks small, I did not find typing texts and numbers difficult. I'm happy that I can just use a single hand to work with the touch screen. It was however not possible with my Galaxy where I hold it with my left hand and use my right hand to touch and type. So now the Galaxy will be my development box and all my Android experiments will land there and the Mini will stay with me as my primary mobile.
Old 11th September 2010, 03:35   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for saving me, can someone shed some light on other android phone near 15k.

My N70 died recently, and I need one phone with 3G capability and this time its certainly be a Android.
Old 11th September 2010, 10:55   #320
BHPian

Has anyone seen the Spice Android Phone? Its called Mi10 and it seems is retailing for just 10k.
Old 11th September 2010, 15:35   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have you actually seen the screen of a working SG 3? Is it really bad enough to be a total deal breaker?

I got the same feeling about the x10 mini when I saw it in a shop. I'd definitely not want something like that. It could make a good ladies phone though.

Last edited by Raccoon : 11th September 2010 at 15:36.
Old 11th September 2010, 16:08   #322
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought HTC Legend. It is running with android 2.1.
Its an all almuminium device with amoled screed with 16M colours.

I am able to send and receive the work emails also without using the exchange active sync.

The main drawback I feel is the battery life as it is difficult to carry on with the battery cycle for 24 hours.

Besides this android market is quite nice, though not as good as app store.

Overall a good device and in some respects better than Iphone 3gs and Xperia x10i.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th September 2010 at 19:15. Reason: Removing extra smileys.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:11   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Have you actually seen the screen of a working SG 3? Is it really bad enough to be a total deal breaker?

I got the same feeling about the x10 mini when I saw it in a shop. I'd definitely not want something like that. It could make a good ladies phone though.
Yes i've seen and worked with the SG3, I find the screen res very less compared to my galaxy spica, The SG3 display looks like the corbys.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:31   #324
BHPian

I exchanged my X10 Mini for a X10 Mini Pro. I did not like the integrated battery with the Mini. The phone is snappy and easy to handle. Overall I like it.
Old 12th September 2010, 00:14   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i've seen and worked with the SG3, I find the screen res very less compared to my galaxy spica, The SG3 display looks like the corbys.
Thats a real shame. I have been considering this phone... :( Now I again don't know which one to consider... :(
Old 12th September 2010, 01:41   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Has anyone seen the Spice Android Phone? Its called Mi10 and it seems is retailing for just 10k.
It is called Spice Mi-300 and is being sold for an introductory price of Rs 9990. It looks like a bargain for the price,but not sure how good the phone is in real life.

Link--> Spice Mobile

Last edited by harishnair : 12th September 2010 at 01:45.
Old 12th September 2010, 02:21   #327
BHPian

I have been using the milestone for the past 2 months or so now and am very happy.
i also have a galaxy S but i find working with the milestone easier due to the tactile physical keyboard although the samasung's amoled is fantastic.
even the cam on the milestone is pretty average when compared with the galaxy.

but as far as specs this is one fast phone and many of you have been quoting its processor speed, well its been underclocked to optimize battery life otherwise this same processor is used in the XT720 @ 1 Ghz so no problems in this department.
although i agree that a locked bootloader is a big problem in a highly evolving OS like android..

all in all having used both the phones "I" prefer the milestone over the galaxy S any day.
Old 12th September 2010, 11:33   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Greetings to the Android crowd!!

I have been watching this thread grow since day01. Very valuable inputs I must say. Would never have learnt about the Spica otherwise and recommended it to a friend, who now, believes me on anything electronic Thanks guys!

Coming to my dilemma.
After Froyo's launch there was some news about the 'next' gen Android, codenamed Gingerbread. While there is no news from Google about this yet, tech blogs are buzzing with news of it launching around Christmas.

Owing to the higher 'recommended' specs for the next update, not all models will see this upgrade. It will inadvertently lead to a split. Lower end phones with older versions while higher end phones with the latest version.

In a nutshell, budget permitting I should get a high end Android if I want to be up-to-date. The higher price you pay won't pinch at the end of a year maybe when you are 2 versions ahead of your friend who bought the same phone in half the price! Then he might be tempted to get a new one with the latest version, and spend the remaining half!

Sounds amazing, just to convince my bank account to cough up 30k for a phone! But talking logically, is this a valid assumption? Getting a high end device instead of the regular cheaper alternative will ensure that I am up-to-date for atleast a year or so?

Question is, should I get one now, or wait till the next update is rolled out? Any possibility of the NexusOne coming to our shores with the newer version of Android?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 12th September 2010 at 11:34.
Old 12th September 2010, 14:14   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thats a real shame. I have been considering this phone... :( Now I again don't know which one to consider... :(
Either wait for a few more months or if you have 30 grands to spare, Buy the HTC desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Question is, should I get one now, or wait till the next update is rolled out? Any possibility of the NexusOne coming to our shores with the newer version of Android?
I'm not sure of the nexus becoming official in India, But if you want latest updates before the samsung phones, Buy the HTC desire with your eyes closed.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th September 2010 at 10:12. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 12th September 2010, 15:06   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Either wait for a few more months or if you have 30 grands to spare, Buy the HTC desire.
Any estimates on how many months that would be? Desire isn't in budget at the moment. Can't wait as the keypad of my current phone is packing up and the repair estimate don't make sense at all. Would make more sense to buy something for the shorter term... and don't know what that would be. Was considering Nokia 5530 since its a smartph, but its supposed to have a pathetic cam (v imp. for me), so thats out. Any inputs about the LG GD510? Its looks really appeal to me though the features of course fall short.

And any ideas about the Galaxy 5? But seems its not yet in the market.

Last edited by Raccoon : 12th September 2010 at 15:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks