Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-840.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2963673)
May be it is the Samsung crap that makes it suck.

Not quite. You see JB runs very well on my Note 2 and that's the Sammy ROM, rooted of course.

My comment pertains to the JB leak for the S3 not an overall blanket comment on JB as an OS.

Official JB update for the S3 in India is yet to be released. The reason could be it is either still in the testing stage or they will upgrade the S3 directly to JB 412 in Dec as per sammobile.com.

http://www.sammobile.com/2012/11/15/...aked-firmware/

The S3 is back to ICS till an official JB update is out. I prefer a stable ROM rather than the latest gee-whizz version from either Sammy or XDA. So no more CM nightly ROMs or Samsung leaks for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2963212)
defy XT.
Many folks on XDA have dunked it (lots of pics taken with phone in a water glass.

Wow. It's all over youtube as well. Truly amazing. Perfect for riding when its raining. :thumbs up

Edit: One of Droid Razr in a bath tub as well. Ha ha.

I am not liking 4.2 a single bit. It's getting too laggy now. Opera whatsapp etc are showing too much lag.

How can one get back to 4.1.2. It was awesome on my gnex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2963744)
I am not liking 4.2 a single bit. It's getting too laggy now. Opera whatsapp etc are showing too much lag.
How can one get back to 4.1.2. It was awesome on my gnex.

Me too not liking the experience so far, on my Nexus 7. It getting more and ore laggy I feel. The tablet definitely deosn't have outdated hardware so Google must make this version of Android run butter smooth at least in these kind of devices.

Now I am getting doubtful whether my Galaxy Nexus will ever receive a smooth and fast OS upgrade ever. Is this the end? Google already said that this is the end (4.1) for Nexus S devices - they won't get 4.2.

Strange to hear that the 4.2 update makes even the Nexus 7 laggy. Looks like it may be a software problem and not an issue with the older hardware of the GNex. There may still be hope that Google can rectify this with a patch if its just a software issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2964040)
Me too not liking the experience so far, on my Nexus 7. It getting more and ore laggy I feel. The tablet definitely deosn't have outdated hardware so Google must make this version of Android run butter smooth at least in these kind of devices.

Now I am getting doubtful whether my Galaxy Nexus will ever receive a smooth and fast OS upgrade ever. Is this the end? Google already said that this is the end (4.1) for Nexus S devices - they won't get 4.2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury (Post 2964049)
Strange to hear that the 4.2 update makes even the Nexus 7 laggy. Looks like it may be a software problem and not an issue with the older hardware of the GNex. There may still be hope that Google can rectify this with a patch if its just a software issue.

My touchpal is the most updated one but still i am getting too much resistance while typing. At times the touch doesnt even evoke the response and select the word. No issues on the stock android keyboard but i have got used to Touchpal now so the stock keyboard feels just that, stock.

Too much lag while typing. Its kinda getting on my nerves. I actually have to wait and type. If this is the way 4.2 is behaving then not sure how its on the newly launched Nexus 4.

Plus i am also experiencing battery drain.
I stopped charging at around 12:30PM today with 100% charge. With maybe 10 minutes of call and moderate whatsapp, i am now on 68% battery.:Frustrati

Is there anyway to get rid of this (battery drain and lag)

I would advise other users to remain on 4.1.2 JB. That was the best in my opinion.

Folks on Gnex - Could you confirm what is the max 3G speed that you get on your Gnex ?

Mine never goes beyond 3 Mbps. At the same spot. S2 goes till 6 Mbps. Any ideas/suggestions ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2964069)
Plus i am also experiencing battery drain.
I stopped charging at around 12:30PM today with 100% charge. With maybe 10 minutes of call and moderate whatsapp, i am now on 68% battery.:Frustrati

^^Check what app is draining the battery. In my case it was Exchange Services.

Note 2 available at 32500 + Free Desktop dock

superdeals.homeshop18 dot com

apply Gift coupon number GCPECQE2PM6F at checkout

Hurry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2964086)
Note 2 available at 32500 + Free Desktop dock

superdeals.homeshop18 dot com

apply Gift coupon number GCPECQE2PM6F at checkout

Hurry!

Nice deal, too bad they have only white color on offer :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury (Post 2964075)
^^Check what app is draining the battery. In my case it was Exchange Services.

This is how my battery stats are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici

Hi,

What is this whatsapp plus? I just have regular whatsapp and cant find whatsapp plus on play store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2964112)

Cannot figure out the culprit. Just the screen is the maximum consumer of the battery. How long has the screen been on for?

I need a phone/tab. And I need some advice !!

Here's the requirement.

I use a Nokia E-72 as my primary phone. Calls, sms and Lotus Notes Traveler.
I use a Galaxy Note for all other needs. The Note also doubles as a 'toy' for my son who mainly uses it for flash cards, piano, puzzles etc.

Now I need to use the Note for Lotus Traveler, which will necessitate enabling a phone lock password. This will make it difficult for the kid to operate independently.

Hence I am looking for a tablet for him. It needs to be on Android, cheap and somewhat match the Note experience in terms of speed, screen, usability etc. Movies, Audio may not be used much. Wifey might end up playing some angry birds/temple run type of games. It will run exclusively on home Wi-fi.

The Nexus 7 and Samsung Tab2 seems to be probable options. Both are under $275 at Amazon (I can get someone to bring it for me). I don't want to pay INR 19K+ for the Samsung in India.

Which one should I go for and why?
Any other ideas/options?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells_Fury (Post 2964122)
Cannot figure out the culprit. Just the screen is the maximum consumer of the battery. How long has the screen been on for?

Not much actually plus i keep the brightness to auto which is much lower than the usual. But my phone has always shown the screen as the major battery eater.

But now its draining a lot more than usual.