Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:46   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I often see this comment in Android phone reviews, that one has smart dialing, the other one doesn't etc.

What is this smart dialing? Why can we just use an app to achieve the smart dialing?
Smart dialing means when you start typing first few numbers or characters the phone automatically suggests the contacts. Without smart dialing you have to manually scan through the contacts list.
Old 24th April 2011, 01:07   #2837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
I am new this world. Please can let me know which app to load for ....
1. Profile, Like nokia we used have meeting/general...
2. Some Map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranxter View Post
With regards to Profile, I don't think there is any native app for it. Its either Vibration or Ringtone for me on Galaxy S. But there are lots of apps which will let you do it.
Moving from Nokia, this was one thing that struck me! No profiles! Nowadays I manage fine with a low/high ringer and sometimes off. Since it can be changed quickly through volume keys, am not complaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
2. Some Map.
It would have probably come installed with Google Maps. You can try using Brut Maps, which would enable you to use the voice guidance as well!
Old 24th April 2011, 01:51   #2838
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
nahinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Samurai San,

I had posted a few pages back that its available for 15808. Why o why did you buy at 19k? NAHINNNNN!!!

PS: Read its review well. There's one earpiece or battery wala rubber gasket which needs to be seated properly before you take it into the wet!!
PPS: As far as the safety limit is concerned, I always follow the Europeans - they are MORE paranoid than the Americans
PPPS: Now that you have, A VERY BIG CONGRATS! Kindly do run quadrant (check in android market) and tell us the benchmark numbers
PPPPS: Froyo preloaded I presume? A lil birdie told me so.
even i looked at the Defy as well for a long time, and yes, its still at around 18800-19k here in Bangalore. To that end, I finally ended up getting the Samsung Galaxy SL for 20 something a couple of weeks back. Actually i paid 12900 after trading in my E72. I surprisingly got 8k for that phone. Lovin the Sammy so far, the only thing is the slippery plastic body has made me drop the phone once already :(. I might need to look at a rubbery cover or something. The plastic does attract a lot of finger prints though. I never really used the original Galaxy S so i cant say how much better the AMOLED screen is vs. the SLCD on the SL, but boy the 4" screen is gorgeous . I still think Samsung could have put a flash for the camera, but i barely use the camera anyways, so its not a big deal for me. Im still getting used to typing on a touch screen phone, but im sure i will get the hang of it soon enough. One thing though, when i try to do an OTA update on my phone, the phone keeps saying connection failed. What could this be about?
Old 24th April 2011, 14:04   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth
In the 3rd attempt 2.2 upgrade on Galaxy 3 was successful. Now the phone is fast and lot of new feature. Can make phone a wifi modem!
Hi All.

I have managed to upgrade my phone to 2.2 , it looks like the kies was not working . old version . After upgradating the kies it has flashed my galaxy 3.

Now enjoying new version , it was suppose to start playing flash swf file . But it does not load any games at minclip . com can any come comment.

Also shamanth how can you make your phone wifi modem ? any app which does this kind of thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181
I have a Samsung Galaxy S and I have been trying to configure my office mail ID. It is on Microsoft Exchange 2007 server (or 2003?, I am not too sure). It perenially gives me an error which says cannot open for connection or something similar. Tried accessing various forums and could not get any answer on how to resolve the issue.

Any one facing similiar issue here?
Hi Arvind,

I did face the same issue . This happens only on outlook 2010 or 2007 ( not sure ) the default email application is not working due to an issue with active sync.
You have already tried touch down .. so noting much to do further now

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th April 2011 at 17:08. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 24th April 2011, 14:41   #2840
BHPian

Bought HTC Desire HD few weeks back. Loaded Transformers 2 to test the Dolby Mobile and SRS. Killer performance on the 4.3 in screen with great audio! Realized the potential of phone when I took it to my friend who is an "Androbrain". He installed Go Launcher in few minutes and entire feel of the phone changed. Will never go back to Sybian for sure and feels that no one makes Android phones better that HTC(We had some comparos with Samsung).

Waiting for the Gingerbread update now. Few ROMs are available and reviews are good with better speed + better battery life, but will wait for the official update which is already rolling in EU.
Old 24th April 2011, 15:45   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Arvind,

I did face the same issue . This happens only on outlook 2010 or 2007 ( not sure ) the default email application is not working due to an issue with active sync.
You have already tried touch down .. so noting much to do further now
Am facing this issue as well with Exchange 2010. Guess this active sync protocol is not supported correctly in Andriod. The only email application which worked out of the box for me was RoadSync (trial & paid version available).
Old 24th April 2011, 17:05   #2842
BHPian

How does the Xperia Arc and the HTC Desire HD stack up against each other ?
Old 24th April 2011, 23:07   #2843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
i don't know if your galaxy 3 is a i5800 or i5801. but you can use z4root or superoneclick.

here is how

(GUIDE)How to root galaxy 3[i5800/i5801] on 2.2 froyo?? - xda-developers

Galaxy 3 GT-i5800: root, gps fix, lagfix, upgrading (JPM/JPD fw) - xda-developers

Root / Unroot Samsung Galaxy 3 Running Android 2.2 FroYo

i have used superoneclick for my galaxy S. works great. can also enable non-market apps. I would recommend superoneclick.

hope this helps.
Tried all possible ways suggested by you, but not able to toot my Optimus one. Even downgraded it to version B from E, still no use.

Any pointers?
Old 25th April 2011, 09:00   #2844
Senior - BHPian

App Name: Drag Racing (Game)

Free/Charge - Free

What it does -
Very addictive drag racing game with online playing option!

How it performs (your rating) -
5/5 (Perfect for most of us - T-BHPians! )

Android Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Old 25th April 2011, 09:37   #2845
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Smart dialing means when you start typing first few numbers or characters the phone automatically suggests the contacts. Without smart dialing you have to manually scan through the contacts list.
Are you sure? Because my Motorola Defy has this feature, although gsmarena says it has no smart dialing.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:33   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? Because my Motorola Defy has this feature, although gsmarena says it has no smart dialing.
I don't know whether it is smart dialing or not, but it is very easy to dial a number in my phone - If the name of the person whom I want to call is 'Sunil' then I just need to type in those keys - 78645. With each digit entered, the search results are refined and shown, and it ends up finally in matching names. Works even if the string you want to look up is anywhere in the contact, not necessarily in the First or last name fields.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:40   #2847
Team-BHP Support

I have the exact feature in my Defy.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:49   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my Samsung galaxy S(i897) has this feature too. I saw it in Moto Atrix, Moto Bravo has the same feature.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:26   #2849
BANNED

I am looking for a small application for my Optimus One.

When i am connected to net using my laptop using a tata photon, will it be possible that my Optimus One to get connectivity through same net connection?

I know other way round is possible.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:35   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
I am looking for a small application for my Optimus One.

When i am connected to net using my laptop using a tata photon, will it be possible that my Optimus One to get connectivity through same net connection?

I know other way round is possible.
If you are running Windows 7 running on your laptop, it's quite possible; else you need to have a "rooted" phone to get it to work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks