Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:56   #3256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
Guys,
I'm facing a couple of weird problem on my Galaxy Ace. Need suggestions:

1. Happens with mine too. Same thing, same solution.

2. Check the cache of stock apps. Gmail, map, market browser etc. Settings > Application > Manage applications

3. Use sms backup and restore. It'll move your sms to the sd card in the form of an xml file. You can access older messages from the app and restore if need be. Frees up a lot of space.

Tap and hold the message in a thread you want to delete. You will get a popup with the delete option.

4. No idea about JD, don't use it.

Hope it helps.
Old 24th May 2011, 00:03   #3257
BHPian

Re: Android applications (Apps)

Hey amit_mechengg, Were you able to get India maps with Sygic mobile maps. I couldn't find them under AsiaPac list? Is there a way to download manually?
Old 24th May 2011, 01:05   #3258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
amit - mech engineer bhai,

word of the day: Root + Overclock
does rooting damage the operating system by any chance?

does overclocking damage the processor if used in the overclock mode for long time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
i keep hearing about poor battery life of XCD 35 :( planning to buy one for my brother.
any idea how is battery life of say LG optimus 1 or Samsung 551 or Samsung Pop if used in pattern similar to mentioned by amit_mechengg?
it isnt that bad.

today i used the phone for 2 hours of navigation which consumes most of the battery. right now in the midnight i am still left with 30% of the battery.

it gave good back up today.

most of androids need charging almost daily or once in 2 days.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th May 2011 at 12:10. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 24th May 2011, 02:27   #3259
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Everyone frustrated with the HTC locked bootloaders, please sign this petition:

HTC Bootloaders and NAND | groubal complaints
Old 24th May 2011, 08:08   #3260
BHPian

Re: Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Guys,
I'm facing a couple of weird problem on my Galaxy Ace. Need suggestions:

1. The WiFi refuses to connect every few days. I click on Wifi button and it just displays error. No other detail. I'm forced to re-start the phone and then it connects. However, this has happened only thrice in 2+ months

2. I'm facing a 'phone memory full' error. Except for the stock apps, all other downloaded games and apps are stored on the SD card. What to do?

3. Just today, it started displaying another related error "Text messaging memory full. Incoming SMS rejected" I was reminded of Nokia 3310 days!

Is there a way to delete JUST the sent SMS/MMS from the Messaging list? I can just delete the whole thread it seems?

4. Juice Defender seems to freeze the phone albeit rarely. It happens like this - after prolonged period of inactivity, JD disables radio and data activity (indicated by a red circle on top right of JD logo in the notification bar). When I try to unlock the phone from this state, it becomes extremely laggy. Hence the other option is to re-start.

However, I wish to retain JD as it has improved my battery life *drastically*
Ah the JD dilemma. Better battery life, but at a cost! I'd suggest you get rid of it. How drastic an improvement are we talking about here anyway? A couple of hours?

I thought SMS's were virtually unlimited in smart phones these days. Since when did it run out of space?

Your wifi problem could be a software problem. I'd do a clean OS install. You'd either have to take it to the shop with your problems so they'll re-install your Android OS, or you could custom ROM it yourself. I'm sure your bugs will be fixed. For this you'd have to Google and find decent tutorials and how-to's.
Old 24th May 2011, 08:44   #3261
Senior - BHPian

Install 'screen off and lock' if you want to have cool effects while you turn off tyre display! I love the old crt style.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:52   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Hey amit_mechengg, Were you able to get India maps with Sygic mobile maps. I couldn't find them under AsiaPac list? Is there a way to download manually?
Troll the GPS Sections on IPMart, GPS Underground and Noeman forums. That's all I can post publicly!
Old 24th May 2011, 09:59   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Go dialer
Go sms

Very nice replacements for the stock dialer and sms applications. Installed both and no going back to the old ones!
Old 24th May 2011, 10:07   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Ah the JD dilemma. Better battery life, but at a cost! I'd suggest you get rid of it. How drastic an improvement are we talking about here anyway? A couple of hours?
I use JD regularly on my ACE, and I have it permanently set on Aggressive. I have faced absolutely no problems, either of the phone slowing down, or freezing etc... I am a heavy data user. Moreover, with JD Aggressive, my phone gives me approx 25% extra time.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:15   #3265
BHPian

Good news for Moto Defy owners. The Official Android Froyo 2.2.2 Build 3.4.3 [SOUTH EAST ASIA] release is here. Check the attachment. I tried updating my device here : Software Update - Country Selector however cannot find updated for india. An update for Singapore exists. Hope they roll this in India soon.

More info here:

Official Android Froyo 2.2.2 Build 3.4.3 [SOUTH EAST ASIA] - xda-developers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Moto.Version.3.4.3.MB525.en.ASEAN.v8.pdf (76.2 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by OHCVtec : 24th May 2011 at 10:17. Reason: Added attachment
OHCVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 10:30   #3266
BANNED

Read on ZDNet that Google is trying to stop rootiing. Apparently they are blocking access to to movie downloads to users with custom ROMs. Also, read somewhere that Gingerbread will be very difficult to root. So much for an open system.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:36   #3267
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
does rooting damage the operating system by any chance?

does overclocking damage the processor if used in the overclock mode for long time?
The answer to both is no. Overclocking within limits is acceptable. Rooting is again only a moderate software patch.

Please wsee my post in the Android software thread, about Google trying to lock out Custom ROM users, and Gingeebread may make rooting very tough.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:37   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Go dialer
Go sms

Very nice replacements for the stock dialer and sms applications. Installed both and no going back to the old ones!
Thanks clevermax. I was looking for a decent dialer to replace the default one that comes with CM7. This one seems to be pretty good, though there is a small difference in response times.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:23   #3269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
An update for Singapore exists. Hope they roll this in India soon.
Is it safe to use the Singapore version? Why are they delaying India version, I am sure India has 10 times or more Defy users than Singapore. The release file says it can be used in India.

Last edited by Samurai : 24th May 2011 at 11:25.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:53   #3270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is it safe to use the Singapore version? Why are they delaying India version, I am sure India has 10 times or more Defy users than Singapore. The release file says it can be used in India.
I believe it should be safe, as per the release notes.

but, how can we opt for singapore version?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks