Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 11:35   #14656
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks buddy, finally had a good hands on the ONE at Best Buy and really loved the phone, its snappy performance and its build quality, really dont want the gimmicky features of the S4 and i kind of liked the Sense over Touchwiz.

Too bad every thing in US got sold out, will have to wait 2 more weeks to order it now, price is quite good here, $ 575 for the 32 gigs unlocked.
The best is worth waiting for.. Hope you can get your hands on one 'One' soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
My father is currently using a Samsung galaxy S2, and we wants to upgrade. He is not a heavy user, and mainly needs a good screen, and camera.
I personally hate samsung phones, after my rather unfortunate stint with the S1, So looking at HTC. What do you guys suggest around 30k? +/- a few grand is ok.
One X+ is the easy choice, going by your budget

Last edited by clevermax : 24th April 2013 at 11:38.
Old 24th April 2013, 12:00   #14657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Got an OTA update yesterday for Galaxy Note 2 , The update was to basically provide fix for unlock issue but as usual will have many fixes done in past 4 months ( after JB release).

Important change noticed battery life has improved considerably.
I think something is fishy after the latest OTA update. My Note 2's battery is just not dying. The battery was at 100% at 11 AM yesterday morning and 24 hrs later, it stands at 76%. Whats going on?
Old 24th April 2013, 12:04   #14658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I think something is fishy after the latest OTA update. My Note 2's battery is just not dying. The battery was at 100% at 11 AM yesterday morning and 24 hrs later, it stands at 76%. Whats going on?
Welcome to the brave new world of Note 2. I would reaffirm your findings. Battery life on Note 2 in incredible. Mine being the CDMA model gives similar results and easily lasts 2 days with moderate usage. Never happened to me with any other smartphone which all die within 12 to 15 hours of normal usage.

Last edited by dkaile : 24th April 2013 at 12:09.
Old 24th April 2013, 12:04   #14659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post

Plus added bonus of water and dust proofness, which is crucial in India.
I am considering the same, waiting for ironing out bugs if any, price drop.
Also some reviews says the battery does last less in video playback and browser than the competition like HTC one and SGS 4.
Also read somewhere that quality of the free case is not upto the mark.
Had they given Media Dock free I would have jumped the bandwagon.
Any Z user here please share the experience.
Battery life is not too good, screen drains afoot of battery, but with moderate usage the phone will last quite long.

The free case is really bad.

The headphone (wired) is quite soft.
Bluetooth is fine.

You get a pair of free headphones with the phone over and above the hands-free.

AKAIK the active docks are not available yet.

I got a Sony stereo Bluetooth headset and a 32 class 10 SD card.

Loving the phone.

Only other option worth considering is the nexus 4. But that doesn't have a full HD screen or SD card support.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:20   #14660
BHPian

Did anyone here try the mode in this LINK ?

Its called ViPer4Android and is amazing to say the least. This mod has a lot of audio settings which is both good and bad.

Good because we can tune many variations making the audio as close to our liking as possible. And still there will be quite a few options left unused

bad because i noticed that since the time i am using this mod, i m spending a lot of time tuning now i want more from every single song.

i recommend every android user to try this mod once atleast! Even if you are not an audiophile, this mod will make you one .. I just wanted to let you guys know about this awesome mod so that fellow bhpians also have their share of fun!

if anyone tried it after seeing this post, put up your review and we ll discuss. i also want some company to talk about it he he
Old 24th April 2013, 16:03   #14661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Did anyone here try the mode in this LINK ?

Its called ViPer4Android and is amazing to say the least. This mod has a lot of audio settings which is both good and bad.
On clicking the link, I got this "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." Can you just paste the info here directly, if possible?
Old 24th April 2013, 16:05   #14662
BHPian

Is there a way to change the default download path in Note 2. I want the downloads to happen into a folder of my choice in the external sd card rather than the default download path. Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 16:47   #14663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Is there a way to change the default download path in Note 2. I want the downloads to happen into a folder of my choice in the external sd card rather than the default download path. Thanks
Try this:
Using stock browser, go to settings, advanced, download storage, switch to Storage Card.

My Files > Settings > Select Directories.
Old 24th April 2013, 17:19   #14664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
My father is currently using a Samsung galaxy S2, and we wants to upgrade. He is not a heavy user, and mainly needs a good screen, and camera.

I personally hate samsung phones, after my rather unfortunate stint with the S1, So looking at HTC. What do you guys suggest around 30k? +/- a few grand is ok.
Checkout the Sony Xperia ZL. Its got everything from the Z, even the 5" HD screen, and loses the infamous plastic cover for a nicely textured plastic / rubber pad on the rear panel. Street price with B & W is 33K.
Old 24th April 2013, 17:33   #14665
BHPian

Quote:
On clicking the link, I got this "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." Can you just paste the info here directly, if possible?
hey ajay

can you check if this works
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191223
Old 24th April 2013, 17:34   #14666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Checkout the Sony Xperia ZL. Its got everything from the Z, even the 5" HD screen, and loses the infamous plastic cover for a nicely textured plastic / rubber pad on the rear panel. Street price with B & W is 33K.
After reading reviews, demos and lots of discussions, we have also landed on Xperia ZL for my wife. Infact, on some well known mobile review sites, they say that the ZL is actually a better phone, compared to the flagship, sans the Water resistance gimmick.
Old 24th April 2013, 17:45   #14667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After reading reviews, demos and lots of discussions, we have also landed on Xperia ZL for my wife. Infact, on some well known mobile review sites, they say that the ZL is actually a better phone, compared to the flagship, sans the Water resistance gimmick.
From one of the reviews I've come across, the ZL does not need a little fiddling with respect to finding a sweet spot with regards to the ear piece.
Also, the ringer and speaker are reportedly louder in ZL as they are not housed in the plastic / glass cover as in the Z. Heck, I even prefer the feel of the ZL over the Z, the bar size is more comfortable than the Z.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've compared it with the S3, One X+, Lumia 920 and the Lumia 720, and the ZL feels the most well packaged of the lot.
Old 24th April 2013, 17:58   #14668
Team-BHP Support

This should also help people make up their mind when deciding between Z and ZL. Overall ZL is a killer package for 33K.

http://tech2.in.com/features/smartph...eria-zl/870816
Old 24th April 2013, 20:11   #14669
Distinguished - BHPian

As a big time fall guy for Sony's flagships, I'll suggest that you don't go for the most expensive one in their line up. Sony is brilliant, and has ,for me , the association of holding something premium. But they are notoriously bad with support and updates for the supposed flagships.
Cases in point, x1-keyboard replacement impossible to locate.
Tablet S-still on ICS.
Ion - had to root and unlock to get jb.
They are so expensive, that they don't sell, and eventually Sony drops them from the"make an effort" list, and puts out another one to replace it at the head of the line.
Old 24th April 2013, 20:35   #14670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
As a big time fall guy for Sony's flagships, I'll suggest that you don't go for the most expensive one in their line up. Sony is brilliant, and has ,for me , the association of holding something premium. But they are notoriously bad with support and updates for the supposed flagships.
Sony is much better now with updates and supporting open source community.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_release...-news-5907.php

Most Viewed