Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 15:25   #15226
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Phones that run Stock Android like S4 are beter than Nexus4. These phones have the advantage of Nexus (no bloatware, timely updates) and take care of shortcomings of Nexus (MicroSD card, IR, Removable battery).

Downside is price ($600 as comapred to $300).
...Or maybe an HTC One running stock Android?

Yes, these appear to be better options - options that were not available up until now.

All said, I just love my Nexus and for me, it's the best phone in the world!
Old 31st May 2013, 17:14   #15227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
...Or maybe an HTC One running stock Android?
HTC One has the same drwbacks as Nexus ( MicroSD card / Battery).

I have Nexus 4 and S3, these two are the reasosn why Nexus 4 is not my daily driver.
Old 31st May 2013, 19:14   #15228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
SameerG, I told you about the xda thread, no?
instead of trying to go back to stock, why dont you try a few more roms? Thats easier than the whole stock process.
Already, went through few roms on xda, but there is one or other bug in most of the rom. Had enough of it, now i badly want to go back to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Do you have a custom recovery installed like ClockWorkMod (CWM)?

IF YES, it is very easy, just download the stock ROM onto your sdcard, open recovery and select install from zip. Should do the trick.
Custom recovery ?

Please bear with me, but i don't know what it is. Can you help me with it please ?
Old 1st June 2013, 00:59   #15229
BHPian

Anyone interested in getting Nexus 4 from US , note that Google has launched limited edition White Nexus 4 today, comes with free official bumper (also in white).

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-6452_7-10016995.html

Prices remain unchanged i.e. 299$ for 8gb and 349$ for 16gb version respectively.
Old 1st June 2013, 14:11   #15230
BHPian

How does this look for a power user with more than 8 hrs talk time requirement ?

Lenovo P 770 @ 16.5k
  • 4.5" IPS Display
  • Capacitive 5 point Multi Touch
  • 540x960 resolution
  • 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
  • 1GB Ram
  • 3500 mAH Battery
  • Jelly Bean
  • Dual Sim Slot
http://www.thedostore.com/p-series-p770-black.html
Old 1st June 2013, 17:14   #15231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Custom recovery ?

Please bear with me, but i don't know what it is. Can you help me with it please ?
Can you contact your friend who helped you install all this?
You can ask him if he also installed a custom recovery. Since you are running a custom ROM, 99% chances are you are running a custom recovery.

You can try opening the custom ROM by following method(Taken from an Internet Blog)
To enter into clockworkmod recovery, do the following steps
:Enter into the bootloader mode. To enter into bootloader mode, Hold*Volume Down + Power Button*simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
In bootloader mode, Highlight recovery by using Volume Keys & Enter into the clockworkmod recovery by using Power Key. You'll be landed into custom Clockworkmod Recovery.
If you see a screen which looks somewhat like this (with such a background with Hat),

Name:  ForumRunner_20130601_171435.png
Views: 500
Size:  499.3 KB

then you have a Clock work mod recovery.
(It is also possible you have a TWRP recovery)

Anyways, when you do enter the recovery, you could post the picture of the screen over here, so that I can help you further.
Old 1st June 2013, 18:40   #15232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Can you contact your friend who helped you install ---------------- the picture of the screen over here, so that I can help you further.
He has twrp.

Sameer, get it over again.
Old 1st June 2013, 18:44   #15233
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi I just noticed today a very small line on my Galaxy S2 screen today in the right top corner. Its like a multicolour line and seen more so on a white background. Under otherwise usage its hardly visible unless I look for it. Any ideas on what this can be and how to prevent it from increasing? My phone is 2 year old now and hence out of warranty.

If I take a screenshot it doesn't show up in the picture.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st June 2013 at 19:05.
Old 1st June 2013, 19:04   #15234
Senior - BHPian

Sygic/MapmyIndia available on the play store for Rs.199/-.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result
Old 1st June 2013, 19:26   #15235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi I just noticed today a very small line on my Galaxy S2 screen today in the right top corner. Its like a multicolour line and seen more so on a white background. Under otherwise usage its hardly visible unless I look for it. Any ideas on what this can be and how to prevent it from increasing? My phone is 2 year old now and hence out of warranty.

If I take a screenshot it doesn't show up in the picture.
2 possibilities and checks:
1- Screen guard, if installed, is scratched. Remove the screen guard and see the damaged area. If gone, put a new screen guard. I have a few scratches like this and it looks like colourful lines here and there.
2- Screen cracked - To check this, switch off and switch on the phone. Check for the damaged area when the phone is shutting down of coming on. If its there, screen (LCD) might need a change.

Other than this, I dont see any other possibilities. Definitely doesnt seem to be a software issue. Good Luck.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 1st June 2013 at 19:28.
Old 1st June 2013, 19:59   #15236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
2 possibilities and checks:
1- Screen guard, if installed, is scratched. Remove the screen guard and see the damaged area. If gone, put a new screen guard. I have a few scratches like this and it looks like colourful lines here and there.
2- Screen cracked - To check this, switch off and switch on the phone. Check for the damaged area when the phone is shutting down of coming on. If its there, screen (LCD) might need a change.

Other than this, I dont see any other possibilities. Definitely doesnt seem to be a software issue. Good Luck.
No screen guard and no cracks. Not even scratches on the screen since I take a lot of care in handling the phone. There is just that line. I am a noob when it comes to tech but to me it looks like the part that lights up that part of the screen is malfunctioned. Is this what we call burn out or something like that?
Old 1st June 2013, 20:43   #15237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No screen guard and no cracks. Not even scratches on the screen since I take a lot of care in handling the phone. There is just that line. I am a noob when it comes to tech but to me it looks like the part that lights up that part of the screen is malfunctioned. Is this what we call burn out or something like that?
Aha, I see. Is that a LED screen on the S2 ? Could be the burn out of some LEDs. I would suggest to get it checked with Samsung SC. They could probably fix it, if not replace it. Hope you are in warranty.
Old 1st June 2013, 20:58   #15238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Aha, I see. Is that a LED screen on the S2 ? Could be the burn out of some LEDs. I would suggest to get it checked with Samsung SC. They could probably fix it, if not replace it. Hope you are in warranty.
Nope 2 year old phone now. So out of warranty.
Old 1st June 2013, 21:23   #15239
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:

Nope 2 year old phone now. So out of warranty.
I have the same thing on my phone. SGS2. I noticed the line on very first day of purchase. Have been using it for over a year. No issues so far. Since you're out of warranty, I would suggest to leave it as it is. Samsung is no Apple, the service is pathetic. To confirm the line, dial *#0*# and click on lcd option. You can check it again various colors of screen background.
Old 1st June 2013, 22:05   #15240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
I have the same thing on my phone. SGS2. I noticed the line on very first day of purchase. Have been using it for over a year. No issues so far. Since you're out of warranty, I would suggest to leave it as it is. Samsung is no Apple, the service is pathetic. To confirm the line, dial *#0*# and click on lcd option. You can check it again various colors of screen background.
Thats a cool trick. I anyways downloaded this app pixel test something and checked in various colour backgrounds. The line is constant in every colour. Same size, same place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks