Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 09:25   #15946
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I'm on leak 3. I get the battery life (i.e. 21 hrs) in total when I'm on 2G mode. 3G battery life is the same 6 hrs for me. Overall, this is quite a phenomenal battery life you are getting from your phone.
I had same battery life when I was on leak 2. You came from leak 2 to 3 or from ICS directly to leak 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say tackle it through programming. Toggle 3G periodically through an app. That should help a lot. My Atrix with ICS stock and this approach gave me at least 30 hours. Best app to propose ? Tasker.
Toggling 3G won't work for me because I need real "push" mails. However, the battery I posted above is without any tweaking and I was stunned. Finally the phone died at 1 day 14 hrs with 2 hrs screen time, 1h 40min call and lots of whatsapp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
What exactly is jb leak 3 ? Android 4.3 ? I'm currently on 4.1.2 and get over a day with 2g on for about 12 hour's and the rest on wifi.

Can you please give me the link where I can get details on the os update ?
Leak 3 is android 4.1.2 only, but an updated version of Leak 2. You can find the installation steps and details here

http://www8.isaumya.com/how-to-updat...-2-2013-06-26/
Old 1st August 2013, 09:52   #15947
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Toggling 3G won't work for me because I need real "push" mails. However, the battery I posted above is without any tweaking and I was stunned. Finally the phone died at 1 day 14 hrs with 2 hrs screen time, 1h 40min call and lots of whatsapp.
I guess thats the need. So cant say much. I turn on 3G for 5 minutes every half an hour. That has given amazing results. More over mails if any are delayed by half an hour at max.

PS : I thought you shifted to Note ? BTW I just shifted from Atrix. Dead pixels on screen. Could not do much about it. And call clarity was not that great. Add to it signal strength used to be quite weak. (of course it may not be because of Atrix itself.)
Old 1st August 2013, 09:56   #15948
BHPian

Quote:
I guess thats the need. So cant say much. I turn on 3G for 5 minutes every half an hour. That has given amazing results. More over mails if any are delayed by half an hour at max.

PS : I thought you shifted to Note ? BTW I just shifted from Atrix. Dead pixels on screen. Could not do much about it. And call clarity was not that great. Add to it signal strength used to be quite weak. (of course it may not be because of Atrix itself.)
Yes, I shifted to a Note 2. Atrix was sitting idle in my office, so just thought lets play around with it when I got some free time I had signal issues in ICS, but after the leak JB came, the 19asu limit of Atrix was gone and never had signal issues after that.
Old 1st August 2013, 11:25   #15949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You try the latest cricinfo app, I will get the cricbuzz today and then exchange notes

On the web, cricbuzz is faster than cricinfo with their live score updates but cricinfo's commentary and user comments are way better than cricbuzz.

Just wondering, on the app who does the audio commentary for cricbuzz ?
Cricinfo on web is definitely better than cricbuzz because of the quality of commentary and user comments as you've mentioned. I use the app just to check scores and sometimes for audio commentary. Last time I tried the Cricinfo app was too heavy for my Neo V with just 512mb RAM. I couldn't afford it . It may not make much difference in a high-end phone.
Old 1st August 2013, 11:28   #15950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would say tackle it through programming. Toggle 3G periodically through an app. That should help a lot. My Atrix with ICS stock and this approach gave me at least 30 hours. Best app to propose ? Tasker.
I agree, Tasker is an awesome tool! Totally worth it! After the 4.3 update, my Nexus was giving a very poor battery backup. I have setup a profile to toggle the data every 40 mins, lets see what it does and how much I gain.

Another question I have is, does keeping NFC always ON consume more battery? I tried a day with it always ON, next with always OFF. Didn't notice much of a difference.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:09   #15951
BHPian

Quote:
I had same battery life when I was on leak 2. You came from leak 2 to 3 or from ICS directly to leak 3?
I came from JB leak1 to leak3.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:24   #15952
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I agree, Tasker is an awesome tool! Totally worth it! After the 4.3 update, my Nexus was giving a very poor battery backup. I have setup a profile to toggle the data every 40 mins, lets see what it does and how much I gain.
I started with Toggle. And now I have host of different utilities spawning from Tasker. Awesome app !

Quote:
Another question I have is, does keeping NFC always ON consume more battery? I tried a day with it always ON, next with always OFF. Didn't notice much of a difference.
Till now I am yet to find a need. So cannot comment!
Old 1st August 2013, 12:56   #15953
BHPian

Is there any app that switches the mode to 3G when one switches on the data connection and switches back to 2G when data connection is switched off after required browsing?
Old 1st August 2013, 13:00   #15954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I came from JB leak1 to leak3.
I also did the same. Have you installed the custom recovery and did the steps mentioned in the previous link? This is what I've did.

1) Rooted Leak 1
2) Installed custom recovery
3) Did factory reset from custom recovery
4) Wiped dalvik
5) Flashed leak 3 with RSD lite
Old 1st August 2013, 13:06   #15955
BHPian

How;s LG Phone running Android . I am looking at L9 P765 . Pretty decent with in budget IMO .
Old 1st August 2013, 13:57   #15956
Senior - BHPian

[quote=phamilyman;3189260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Mine completed 2 yrs this April.
It has survived many falls, including one out of a moving train in heavy rains. Really a Life Proof phone.
Thanks Moto.

I am still using original battery, had to charge twice a day for 100% gprs usage. Lasts 1.5 days without gprs.

Using CM10. Is CM 10.1 good enough for daily usage? Should I try it?
I am on 16 June build for CM 10.1. Had to wipe data and then install this zip. Now the phone runs very nicely and has manged to please me.

I completed 2 years and now with 2 batteries and an external battery charger, I don't have to worry about travel.

BTW: 4.3 is out for Defy and does not have many issues. So expect a stable 4.3 in a couple of weeks. You might as well jump to it directly.
Old 1st August 2013, 15:02   #15957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
How;s LG Phone running Android . I am looking at L9 P765 . Pretty decent with in budget IMO .
The camera is nothing to write home about. Passable pics in daylight but horrible glare and hazy pics with flash on. It is a hardware design issue and hence does not go away even if you use a different camera app. Software wise, it is better in terms of response compared to my Atrix2 even while both run the same chipset. LG Qslide apps are an added bonus.

Quote:
3) Did factory reset from custom recovery
Yes, I have everything installed. Now, I am going to reinstall leak3 after doing factory reset to see if it helps.
Old 1st August 2013, 16:36   #15958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Is there any app that switches the mode to 3G when one switches on the data connection and switches back to 2G when data connection is switched off after required browsing?
You can use Tasker to switch between 2g/3g based on your set conditions - like switch to 3g when either browser/play store is launched and switch to 2g once they are closed. Might need root permission for this particular task though.
Old 1st August 2013, 22:09   #15959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
My Mom is using a Samsung Sduos running on Android 4.0.4.
Now anything she downloads is going to Phone memory by default,hence now the memory is almost full and SD card is empty,how do i transfer apps and data from Phone Memory to SD card?,I checked the application manager,but it does not have any option to move the applications between phone and SD card.
Any leads on this one?
Old 1st August 2013, 22:17   #15960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Any leads on this one?
Akshay, you need to download an app like App2SD, the Guru's might be able to suggest a better app. You might not be able to move all Apps to Memory card .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks