Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 18:53   #16696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Does any one has an invite for Aviate?
Download and install the app from Play Store. Then ;

1) Open the app, you'll find two options, Get Reservation and Enter Code.

2) Select Get Reservation and enter your email ID.

3) They will hold your spot in the line and notify you when you're the first in the line.

PS : I completed the above steps few mins back and is waiting for code.

Alternatively you can skip the waiting part, if you can get any of your friend who use the app to send you an invitation.

Last edited by Klub Class : 26th October 2013 at 19:02.
Old 26th October 2013, 19:52   #16697
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Both aviate and this lock screen seen to be trying to create gmail-like hysteria for their launch.
Old 26th October 2013, 19:57   #16698
BHPian

Guys today I played Zuma game for 30 mins and the upper front and back portion of the phone became hot and not warm. It became uncomfortable when I touched it. So is there any issue?
Old 26th October 2013, 20:17   #16699
BHPian

Suppose I want to risk not too much money and want android experience & not bothered about brands, How about Karbonn A12+ ? I am not a heavy gamer, want only android experience and make some 3G video calls and want to do extensive browsing. Feedback on this phone among BHP'ians welcome as well as suggestions on comparable phones (Spec and pricewise comparable)
Old 26th October 2013, 22:10   #16700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
BBM on Samsung S4 is a big battery drainer and an acquaintance on another forum also confirmed the same on her S4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I am experiencing the same. If the problem does not resolve in few days, I will uninstall BBM as I have anyway installed all the e-mail apps for my other e-mail IDs.

Do let me know of there is some resolution in sight.

Cheers
Just uninstalled BBM
Didnt find it good enough. Whatsapp is so much slicker & quicker or maybe that I am used to it.
Found the BBM interface too dated & it was consuming quite a lot of battery on my Note.
The always present BBM icon on the top left was super irritating too (it can be turned off but then they say message delivery is not guaranteed).
Old 27th October 2013, 12:49   #16701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
on a Samsung S7562 Android 4.1x,

Can I put in a password before mobile data is activated ?
This is to prevent accessing the internet, when the phone is with someone else, other than actual user/owner
Try applock from playstore.
Old 27th October 2013, 13:36   #16702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Suppose I want to risk not too much money and want android experience & not bothered about brands, How about Karbonn A12+ ? I am not a heavy gamer, want only android experience and make some 3G video calls and want to do extensive browsing. Feedback on this phone among BHP'ians welcome as well as suggestions on comparable phones (Spec and pricewise comparable)
Brands like Karbonn and Micromax do offer Android experience at a bargain, however, the screen quality, touch screen fluidity and ui flow are no match for a Samsung, Htc or other high end brands. There are several economical options available with Samsung, i recommend you go with one of them.
Old 27th October 2013, 14:23   #16703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Brands like Karbonn and Micromax do offer Android experience at a bargain, however, the screen quality, touch screen fluidity and ui flow are no match for a Samsung, Htc or other high end brands
Have been using a Micromax A110 for close to a year and have had no problems with screen fluidity and most people use launchers like Nova or Apex, then ui flow doesnt matter.
The problem with Indian brands is their support service but I have read about people having really bad experience with Samsung and HTC as well.
My suggestion is go try playing around with different phones and pick up the one you like most (assuming it fits your minimum requirement criteria)
Old 27th October 2013, 18:00   #16704
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick question to all Nexus 4 users. My brother has to buy a phone to replace his Blackberry. He uses his phone for mainly the mails other than talking and whats app. We have zeroed down on Nexus 4 and Nokia Lumia 925. The Lumia is good but issue is windows OS. What should we do?
Old 27th October 2013, 18:45   #16705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
A quick question to all Nexus 4 users. My brother has to buy a phone to replace his Blackberry. He uses his phone for mainly the mails other than talking and whats app. We have zeroed down on Nexus 4 and Nokia Lumia 925. The Lumia is good but issue is windows OS. What should we do?
Nexus 4 with eyes closed.
Old 27th October 2013, 22:05   #16706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Alternatively you can skip the waiting part, if you can get any of your friend who use the app to send you an invitation.
I did the exact steps, but Gandhi had sent me an invite and I am now a user of Aviate.
Estate for improvement is huge, but as of now it does the job good.
Old 27th October 2013, 22:09   #16707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Nexus 4. Yes- it doesn't give you the battery back up of a black berry or a windows phone! But it is a great phone! What with the luxury of the latest android versions that you can use! it is fast and slick absolutely no lag in the UI. If possible- wait for a few days. The nexus 5 is speculated to be released by end of this month!
Old 27th October 2013, 22:29   #16708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Damn, I was so so so wrong about Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Grand Duos. The performance sucks to the core.
I will take the phone to the nearest Samsung SC and get it reverted to stock condition.
I've been running 4.2.2 on my Grand Duos since before you and haven't faced any such problem.
Old 27th October 2013, 22:37   #16709
Senior - BHPian

How to get the Lat/Long coordinates of any place from Google Maps for Android

I seem to have stumbled on a way to get the latitude/longitude coordinates of a place from Google Maps on Android. In my case - Samsung S3 running Android 4.x.y

1) Navigate to the location of your choice on GMap and tap - a red location marker appears.
2) Tap on the location marker, and a menu pops - up below, click on Share.
3) The phone will ask you for your choice of app with which to share the location.
4) Select the Messaging app, or an Email app - or as in my case - I selected the S Memo app.
5) Once selected the app will be opened with a short URL example: http://goo.gl/maps/8b0Uu
6) Ordinarily this URL will make absolutely no sense whatsoever , unless it is a google application - not to worry. Copy this URL to the Clipboard.
7) Start the Internet browser (world icon) and paste this URL in the address bar.
8) It will ask you how you wish to complete the action of navigating to the url by giving you the following choices : Internet browser (world icon), Chrome browser , any other browser (s) and finally Google Maps itself. Choose Chrome Browser ( the one with the 3 colored icon)
9) Chrome will automatically navigate to the same location shown on Google Maps App and the same red location marker will appear
10) Long Tap on the marker - a small menu appears - select "What's here"
11) A green arrow appears next to the red marker. And on the top left box you can see the lat/long in decimal format.

Pretty long drawn out process - but invaluable when you absolutely need the lat/long to accurately pin point a location for use on say your car's navigation system.
Old 27th October 2013, 23:00   #16710
BHPian

Hi friends,
I had installed "Tasker" app in my nexus 4. I wanted it mainly to be appear "offline " in whatsapp and in Facebook too. But was unable to do it. Can anyone help me out?
I also found that it drains the battery too. is it so? Tasker does need a long learning curve too.
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks