Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2014, 16:20   #18196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Sad to see another user having problems with Nexus4. I too faced a lot of issues with my Nexus4:
  • Frequent call drops
  • Phone staying in No Service for too long sometimes even in strong signal areas
  • Phone not charging in the car
  • Bluetooth Audio disconnection when using BT Headset
  • Audio routing from BT headset to phone speakers all of a sudden in between calls
Oh I didn't have any of these issues with the Nexus 4. In fact, it is an amazing phone! But my only problem has been the battery backup.
Old 26th May 2014, 17:14   #18197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
[/list]Oh I didn't have any of these issues with the Nexus 4. In fact, it is an amazing phone! But my only problem has been the battery backup.
My Nexus4 was going well until the KitKat update. KitKat update screwed up the phone big time. I started experiencing the issues after the update.

Are you running on JellyBean Plus or KitKat on your Nexus4? I have seen many people complain in Google Product forum about the issues post KitKat update.
Old 26th May 2014, 18:09   #18198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Nexus4 was going well until the KitKat update. KitKat update screwed up the phone big time. I started experiencing the issues after the update.

Are you running on JellyBean Plus or KitKat on your Nexus4? I have seen many people complain in Google Product forum about the issues post KitKat update.
Mine was fine even after the KitKat update. I'm running CM10 now on it.
Old 26th May 2014, 19:28   #18199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sadly, I have become utterly bugged of my Nexus 4. The battery life is really pathetic - lasts me around 11 hrs with normal usage including Whatsapp, Twitter on WiFi. My primary need now becomes the battery life. How are the Lenovo phones? Anyone own em? Heard that battery life is amazing. Esp the P780? Are there custom ROMs available for this? I see some on XDA....
Same here. The phone works very well but the battery life has become pathetic. I don't get more than 12 hours under any condition.

Quote:

Ya, it was fine before kitkat update. But, since then battery life is going down and down. Need to find a worthy replacement.
Irony is i got my dad a new Moto E with the same kitkat and its giving a whopping 1 day and 18 hours battery time.
Old 26th May 2014, 20:15   #18200
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexus 5 phone issues, anyone faced these ?
1.Sometimes mobile network connectivity drops at some places and does not improve when you get to a better location, toggling Lock/Unlock button or a restart seems to get it to work

2.Call waiting - when on a call, if another call comes in it does not notify nor beep!

Any settings gone wrong ?
Old 26th May 2014, 21:35   #18201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Nexus 5 phone issues, anyone faced these ?
1.Sometimes mobile network connectivity drops at some places and does not improve when you get to a better location, toggling Lock/Unlock button or a restart seems to get it to work
The phone taking time to recover to good signal is a known issue. This is being reported by multiple users. In fact this issue has been prevalent from Nexus4 and is present in many devices. Don't restart your phone to fix this. Just toggle airplane mode ON and OFF. This is sufficient.
Old 27th May 2014, 12:06   #18202
Oxy
BHPian

Looks like the Moto E has started heating up the competition. This one looks good for the price sans the brand name and the battery capacity. A 16 GB memory card thrown in for free if you buy today:

http://www.amazon.in/Lava-Iris-X1-Wh...1172367&sr=1-2

I heard this is the same company that manufactures the Xolo phones. Any take on how good this one is going to be?
Old 27th May 2014, 12:11   #18203
BHPian

2 Step Verification horror

Just wanted to share what happened to me in the past couple days. Something which scared the hell out of me as I use my personal gmail account as my primary email.

I had 2 Step verification enabled on this google account. I had a backup phone number enabled in Google as well. 2 step verification was on Android app mode.

Everything was working well until I decided to test CM11 on my Galaxy S4. After factory resetting and installing CM11, I was about to add my Google account. When I put my password, the 2 step verification asked for code from Android app which was obviously not available. I clicked on "Send a text message to backup phone". It didn't work Also, my office laptop which was in the trusted computer's list started asking for code. There was no way for me to get into my Google account. This was super scary as my contacts, Play store purchases, books are all on this ID. I decided to go for the Google recovery process which asked a series of questions and they said they will take 3-4 days to get back to me.

Meanwhile, I noticed that the Chrome on my laptop was logged in and syncing bookmarks with my Google account. But why was it asking me codes then? Finally, as a last resort I just disconnected the Google account from Chrome and added it again. It added successfully. Then my Gmail started working immediately. However, 2 step verification was still asking codes which stopped me from disabling it so that I can log in my android. But this time, the text message thing worked and I started getting the verification SMS. The first thing I did was to disable 2 step verification

So, just beware that the backup phone SMS may not work always and please please keep a set of backup codes ready if you are using 2 step verification. A lesson well learnt!
Old 27th May 2014, 12:43   #18204
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Looks like the Moto E has started heating up the competition. This one looks good for the price sans the brand name and the battery capacity. A 16 GB memory card thrown in for free if you buy today:

I heard this is the same company that manufactures the Xolo phones. Any take on how good this one is going to be?
Also, Micromax has come up with one too.

http://www.flipkart.com/micromax-uni...3-dc7b6e20a62e
Old 27th May 2014, 13:05   #18205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

I booked the phone today at Amazon. I liked the iPhone like design (clean) of Iris phones. I don't have any prior experience with Lava, but Indian companies improved a lot these days and hope my experience will be good.
Old 27th May 2014, 21:48   #18206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I will suggest that you get the sim replaced. Return the sim and ask them for a new sim. Such a thing happened with my friend also. He had purchased a Xolo Q1000. When he inserted his reliance sim in that mobile the phone was not able to detect the sim card. But that sim was working absolutely fine when he inserted it in my phone. So he got that sim replaced and voila it started working in his phone. Hope it helps.
Got new sim but still not working. New Sim is working in S4 mini. Vodafone sim is working in Moto G. For some reason Reliance GSM sim not working on Moto G.
Old 27th May 2014, 22:02   #18207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Got new sim but still not working. New Sim is working in S4 mini. Vodafone sim is working in Moto G. For some reason Reliance GSM sim not working on Moto G.
Then the best solution is that you get the Reliance number ported to Vodafone. And according to me Vodafone is much better than Reliance connectivity wise.
Old 28th May 2014, 01:28   #18208
BHPian

Quote:
I am using reliance GSM and airtel since 3 months on moto g (bought on launch day itself). Absolutely no problems with it and have been using 4-5 gbs of 3g data from reliance gsm Sim every month. Great packs and great service. Do check your Sim card for any defect.
Old 28th May 2014, 09:37   #18209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I am using reliance GSM and airtel since 3 months on moto g (bought on launch day itself). Absolutely no problems with it and have been using 4-5 gbs of 3g data from reliance gsm Sim every month. Great packs and great service. Do check your Sim card for any defect.

Two SIMs did not work. One cut sim and other new sim.
Old 28th May 2014, 10:22   #18210
BHPian

Quote:
Two SIMs did not work. One cut sim and other new sim.
Both my sims were cut Sim and I get 3g connectivity in both Sim 1 and Sim 2. Do get your device checked at a service center. The moto g as a phone does not have this problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks