Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 12:44   #18181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Also, I can't find anything called "File Manager" which exists on most phones.
What am I missing?
Not sure if it applies to Moto range of phones or not, but here is something which I found out recently.

I own a Galaxy Grand Neo. I found very few icons/shortcuts when I opened the Main Menu. I didn't find the File Manager too. After some playing around, I found that many of the regular icons are clubbed into one folder.
Majorly, I found that all the Google stuff, including file manager was neatly tucked in a folder named Google.

Can you go to the main menu and see if there is any folder, and see what all application shortcuts are under it ?
Old 19th May 2014, 12:48   #18182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you able to access the contents of your memory card? I am not able to. What I am doing is this:

Settings -> Storage -> SD Card. When I touch that, it doesn't open. It only shows the space consumed and the space available on the card.

What am I missing?
There is no stock file manager app. Just get one from the playstore.
Try this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.rhmsoft.fm - I've been using this for a while now. It's pretty good.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 19th May 2014 at 12:49.
Old 19th May 2014, 15:35   #18183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you able to access the contents of your memory card? I am not able to. What I am doing is this:

Settings -> Storage -> SD Card. When I touch that, it doesn't open. It only shows the space consumed and the space available on the card.

What am I missing?
As its for my dad its gift wrapped right now. Will check this out when its opened on 22nd.
Old 20th May 2014, 08:58   #18184
BANNED

@fiat_tarun; you get a file manager from GooglrPlay. Many are quite happy without root. I have ES
Old 20th May 2014, 23:24   #18185
BHPian

Need to buy < 10 K phone to do video skype, Basic FB/watsapp etc. MOto-E doesnt have front camera. Any other cheap and best suggestions ? Getting confused by reviews. Don't want local Brands.Anybody used Panasonic/Lenovo lower ranges ?
Old 21st May 2014, 10:51   #18186
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Is there anyone in East / South Delhi who owns the MotoG? Need to buy it for a relative but they are old school and would want to "check it out in person". That would mean checking out some user's piece only - is there anyone in East / South Delhi we could meet briefly to experience the phone for 5 mins? Thanks.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:30   #18187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
1. Please recommend me an app for a business diary, preferably which has the option of Speech-to-Text.
Why wont you just use Google Calendar?

Speech to text can be handled by the google keyboard mic key, or other keyboards that support it (eg. Swiftkey).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
2. My Moto Defy, which will be 3 in 3 months, has developed 3 spots in the middle of the screen after numerous falls. The 'freezer' method helped me for a while but this time its gone for good. The local repair guy is asking for 1900 bucks for screen and 500 for battery. That is a hit of 2400. I am thinking why not 7k for a Moto E. Whatsay?
What about selling the Defy, and then adding that cash and getting the Moto G instead?

Do see the E / G in person before making this decision.

cya
R
Old 21st May 2014, 11:46   #18188
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Need to buy < 10 K phone to do video skype, Basic FB/watsapp etc. MOto-E doesnt have front camera. Any other cheap and best suggestions ? Getting confused by reviews. Don't want local Brands.Anybody used Panasonic/Lenovo lower ranges ?
Unless you are keen on dual sim, I think this one ticks all your boxes.

http://www.flipkart.com/sony-xperia-...=1400653408710

Last edited by Oxy : 21st May 2014 at 11:58.
Old 21st May 2014, 14:11   #18189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Why wont you just use Google Calendar?

Speech to text can be handled by the google keyboard mic key, or other keyboards that support it (eg. Swiftkey).
I get this - "This app is incompatible with your device."

Quote:
What about selling the Defy, and then adding that cash and getting the Moto G instead?
Really? I am wondering if anyone would want to buy a phone with spots and kaput battery.

Quote:
Do see the E / G in person before making this decision.

cya
R
Now, that is a task. :P I will try.
Old 25th May 2014, 19:29   #18190
BHPian

Guys I am using Galaxy S3. Its on Android 4.1.2. Please tell me whether should I update it to 4.3 or not. Does phone becomes fast after the update.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:44   #18191
BHPian

Bought Moto G for my niece. She is on Reliance GSM. Got the SIM card cut but it gives an error 48 HME. When the cut SIM is put in Nexus 5 it works. Any idea what could be the issue?
Old 26th May 2014, 10:26   #18192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Bought Moto G for my niece. She is on Reliance GSM. Got the SIM card cut but it gives an error 48 HME. When the cut SIM is put in Nexus 5 it works. Any idea what could be the issue?
I will suggest that you get the sim replaced. Return the sim and ask them for a new sim. Such a thing happened with my friend also. He had purchased a Xolo Q1000. When he inserted his reliance sim in that mobile the phone was not able to detect the sim card. But that sim was working absolutely fine when he inserted it in my phone. So he got that sim replaced and voila it started working in his phone. Hope it helps.
Old 26th May 2014, 14:32   #18193
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, I have become utterly bugged of my Nexus 4. The battery life is really pathetic - lasts me around 11 hrs with normal usage including Whatsapp, Twitter on WiFi. My primary need now becomes the battery life. How are the Lenovo phones? Anyone own em? Heard that battery life is amazing. Esp the P780? Are there custom ROMs available for this? I see some on XDA....
Old 26th May 2014, 15:02   #18194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I am using Galaxy S3. Its on Android 4.1.2. Please tell me whether should I update it to 4.3 or not. Does phone becomes fast after the update.
Yes. The latest 4.3 is faster and stable. Better performance.
You can't downgrade easily to 4.1.2 based firmware ,as the newer one uses a different EFS partition structure. A seperate EFS backup is required in case you want to rollback.

If you are into rooting and custom roms, I'll suggest to use any 4.3 based custom roms, than using samsung official 4.3.
Old 26th May 2014, 15:45   #18195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sadly, I have become utterly bugged of my Nexus 4. The battery life is really pathetic - lasts me around 11 hrs with normal usage including Whatsapp, Twitter on WiFi. My primary need now becomes the battery life. How are the Lenovo phones? Anyone own em? Heard that battery life is amazing. Esp the P780? Are there custom ROMs available for this? I see some on XDA....
Sad to see another user having problems with Nexus4. I too faced a lot of issues with my Nexus4:
  • Frequent call drops
  • Phone staying in No Service for too long sometimes even in strong signal areas
  • Phone not charging in the car
  • Bluetooth Audio disconnection when using BT Headset
  • Audio routing from BT headset to phone speakers all of a sudden in between calls

So I sold off my Nexus4 in OLX and bought a Samsung S3. I stay away from brands like Micromax, Xolo and Lenovo since they are not that much tried and tested as Samsung phones. I have been using my S3 for close to 4 months now, and I have not seen even a single issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks