Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 08:24   #19366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Received my Redmi 1 S last night and I have moved to Mokee ROM based on CM 11 almost immediately.

MIUI was a worst experience, after coming from stock android experience on my Nexus 5.

Lets see how the REDMI 1s fares with CM11.
Worst experience? Tell me why?

For me, MIUI was flawless except an inability to mute which is killer for someone who works from home, takes calls at odd hours and has an uber hyperactive three year old.

The stock rom is so crappy that OEM lags, OEM debloated disables the camera, CM just won't install.

Currently running a note_II_debloated rom on the S3 which consumes so much RAM that the dialer crashes while doing its job. That's so putting me off android!

I'd go for MIUI if this mute issue was updated!
Old 10th October 2014, 10:10   #19367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
inability to mute which is killer for someone who works from home, takes calls at odd hours
If you are talking about muting the ringtone when a call comes, it can be done by pressing the power button once, this will switchoff the screen also, to get the screen back, press the power button once again. So a double press on the power button will mute the ringtone when a call comes.
Old 10th October 2014, 10:38   #19368
BHPian

I don't know about MIUI but volume buttons also mutes the ring without turning the screen off in stock or near stock Android ROMs.
Old 10th October 2014, 10:55   #19369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
If you are talking about muting the ringtone when a call comes, it can be done by pressing the power button once, this will switchoff the screen also, to get the screen back, press the power button once again. So a double press on the power button will mute the ringtone when a call comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I don't know about MIUI but volume buttons also mutes the ring without turning the screen off in stock or near stock Android ROMs.
no bhai log.

I meant muting the phone. Imagine i'm on a client call and my son walks in, crying for some new toy or starts banging the door.

Even if it shows as mute during the call, it is NOT muted!

I've gotten strong feedback within the company to use a dumb phone instead but not my darned S3

Heck, even if I'd put bluetooth on mute but the phone mic is still picking up sounds! MIUI + Kitkat FTW! (it was MIUI skin on kitkat AOSP!)
Old 10th October 2014, 11:00   #19370
BHPian

Quote:
no bhai log.

I meant muting the phone. Imagine i'm on a client call and my son walks in, crying for some new toy or starts banging the door.

I've gotten strong feedback within the company to use a dumb phone instead but not my darned S3

Heck, even if I'd put bluetooth on mute but the phone mic is still picking up sounds! MIUI + Kitkat FTW! (it was MIUI skin on kitkat AOSP!)
It works fine in my Mi3, I tried it now also and it mutes properly.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 10th October 2014 at 11:01.
Old 10th October 2014, 13:03   #19371
BHPian

Quote:
no bhai log.

HI Phamilyman, I am guessing you are using this mute option. (pic attached)
If yes, then the MIUI is really a problem in this regards
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-mute.jpg  

Old 10th October 2014, 13:29   #19372
BHPian

Are there any OnePlus One T-BHP members? How has been your experience of the phone?
Old 10th October 2014, 13:40   #19373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
The same mute works properly in my Mi3
Old 10th October 2014, 13:56   #19374
BHPian

My friend recently got his Redmi 1s. He has been facing this problem of the phone getting moderately heated on the back(near the camera) while downloading stuff.

Any other 1s users facing the same thing?

-Bhargav
Old 10th October 2014, 13:58   #19375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
My friend recently got his Redmi 1s. He has been facing this problem of the phone getting moderately heated on the back(near the camera) while downloading stuff.

-Bhargav
Heating is a known problem with the Redmi 1s - I've seen it with google maps and with data on.

Changing to CM might provide a better experience.
Old 10th October 2014, 14:51   #19376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Just checked this - "In-call Mute" option as you mentioned in my MI3 running on MIUI5 version 34 and this seems to work just as it should. Pressing the mute button IS MUTING the phone microphone and releasing it is activating it once again, just as it should.

I recently updated to Build34 so cant really comment its behaviour in the earlier version. But in this current version(I upgraded on 08-Oct) this works absolutely fine.

Regards
Old 10th October 2014, 15:26   #19377
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/xi...oon-24133.html

Quote:
According to company VP Hugo Barra, the Mi3 has been replaced by the Mi4 in the production lines, which is supposed to launch in India by the end of the year or early 2015. The company will still offer some units of the Mi3 in the coming few months, but no more full fledged sales for the Mi3 will be organised. The company will presumably finish up the inventory that it currently has, while preparing for the Mi4.

Point in fact, Xiaomi recently sent emails to Mi3 customers who have tried to purchase the device more than five times unsuccessfully. The Mi3 was automatically added to their carts on Flipkart and a mail was sent informing them of the same.
Old 10th October 2014, 20:07   #19378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
My friend centlyre got his Redmi 1s. . . phone getting moderately heated on the backstuff.

-Bhargav
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Heating is a known problem with the Redmi 1s. . .

Changing to CM might provide a better experience.
Yes... Redmi 1s is now getting lot of negative publicity for overheating and battery drain issues. This has been linked to the processor being overclocked at 1.6 clocks.

Digit also reports that (please follow the link posted by Dry Ice above) Hogo Barra too acknowledges this as an issue with the Redmi 1s and that they have found a fix which will be out in their OTA updates anytime.

Lets hope that it really is a fix to an otherwise a game changer of a smartphone.
Old 10th October 2014, 20:49   #19379
BHPian

I am in need of new phone. I wanted to consider the Mi3 but since that is no longer available how good is the 1st gen Moto X. Flipkart has again reduced the price to 18k as of today.

A lot of comments online rate the device as extremely good and relevant even now. My primary usage is phones and Internet and some reading. Zero gaming needs and camera is not an issue at all. Battery backup for a day is a high priority. I am just wondering will it remain future proof for atleast a year

Last edited by indian21r : 10th October 2014 at 21:08.
Old 10th October 2014, 21:23   #19380
BHPian

The Redmi Note has become available today on Amazon http://t.co/lcIRqjrIuz
Although, it doesn't have manufacturer warranty and is priced high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I am in need of new phone. I wanted to consider the Mi3 but since that is no longer available how good is the 1st gen Moto X. Flipkart has again reduced the price to 18k as of today.

A lot of comments online rate the device as extremely good and relevant even now. My primary usage is phones and Internet and some reading. Zero gaming needs and camera is not an issue at all. Battery backup for a day is a high priority. I am just wondering will it remain future proof for atleast a year
Yes, the Moto X is still a pretty good phone even today, no other brand offers Touchless Controls like Motorola but it may have a small screen if reading is the primary use. Also, battery backup is one of the major cons of the phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks