Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 09:51   #19471
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
You have to wait for Mi4. All other high end phones don't have dual sim support
Mi4 too is single sim from what I recollect.
Old 19th October 2014, 10:56   #19472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Mi4 too is single sim from what I recollect.
You are right. Then only Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro seems to be the option.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:19   #19473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
You are right. Then only Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro seems to be the option.
Yup, saw that one, but at 6" its way too large for me.

How about the HTC One E8?
Found very few user reviews for this.
Old 19th October 2014, 11:53   #19474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Its a great phone. Internally its almost same as M8 but has got different body shell (plastic compared to metallic M8) and also a different camera which is conservative 13MP unlike the experimental camera of M8 which shows just 4MP on the paper. Price is also far lower compared to M8. So a great phone at it's price point in terms of specs.

But if you are considering E8 then why not Moto X? You get more smarter features along with plain Android. Reviews suggest its the most fluid Android phone till date. Whereas HTC phones will come with their Sense skins which are heavier on the resources. In one of the temperature test review, Moto X turned out one of the coolest running phone.

One drawback is Moto X (II) doesn't support memory card and only 16 GB version is available right now. 32 GB is yet to come in India. You can also consider the previous generation Moto X which is available at discounted price.

HTC (upper mid and high range models) and Motorola both have great build and component quality and feel great in hand.
Old 19th October 2014, 12:26   #19475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
It has been the same for me till I was on 23.0 version. Compared the battery performance with a friend with same behaviour and another with normal behaviour. It was the same with screen on time of ~6hrs with our usage. Also total charge time from 0-100 remained the same. Noticed that it doesnt get struck at 99% since I updated to 34.0
My battery life is excellent. It's quite unbelievable at times when I compare it to my friends' smartphones.

However, only gripe is this taking too much time to go from 99 to 100.

Also Akshay, how can I update it to 34.0 like you did?

-Bhargav
Old 19th October 2014, 13:25   #19476
BHPian

Guys any news on the launch date of the Mi4 and One Plus One in India? A friend is looking to buy a phone in the 20-25k ballpark and is eager to buy one of these.

I have also suggested him to look at the Huawei Honor 6. How is it? Is it good?

-Bhargav
Old 19th October 2014, 14:52   #19477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Yup, saw that one, but at 6" its way too large for me.

Found very few user reviews for this.
The E7 is simply awesome. A friend owns it. It doesnt lag after almost two years, looks awesome and takes excellent photos indoors. i'm sure the E8 is as good (except the camera).

As you're a businessman, why not try Reliance?
http://shop.rcom.co.in/htc/80-htc-on...-_/color-black
or the M7?
http://shop.rcom.co.in/htc/47-htc-on...r-black/plan-_

this is a really attractive plan IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Guys any news on the launch date of the Mi4 and One Plus One in India? A friend is looking to buy a phone in the 20-25k ballpark and is eager to buy one of these.

-Bhargav
If he can wait - The +1 an awesome phone. It is so totally worth the money, feeling just a wee bit better than the MI3 in my mind. My friend got it for 22k via UK. It has an excellent camera - those 13 megapixels count for much more than in MI3 (which itself is no slacker).

He can get MI3 right now itself - http://gurgaon.olx.in/mi3-sealed-iid-730670009 for example.

try this: http://shop.rcom.co.in/htc/57-htc-de...n-_/color-grey if he has high usage.

/the honor 6 has nice reviews - do let us know if he buys it!
Old 19th October 2014, 16:36   #19478
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if One Plus has any launch plans for INDIA. So no point in waiting unless someone can carry it to INDIA for you.
HTC One E8 is over priced, if you can see value in it ,go ahead.
Old 19th October 2014, 17:33   #19479
BHPian

Quote:
My battery life is excellent. It's quite unbelievable at times when I compare it to my friends' smartphones.

However, only gripe is this taking too much time to go from 99 to 100.

Also Akshay, how can I update it to 34.0 like you did?

-Bhargav
From updater? Or download from below link and refer the flashing guide. Let me know if any issues.
http://en.miui.com/download-101.html#334
Old 19th October 2014, 19:08   #19480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
From updater? Or download from below link and refer the flashing guide. Let me know if any issues.
Sorry for the rather stupid query. I forgot I had updated it 2 weeks back or so.

And it is running version 34.0 itself. So it seems, your problem got solved after the update but it cropped up in my mobile after the update.

-Bhargav
Old 19th October 2014, 19:18   #19481

Quote:

Both of those devices will launch sometime in the month of December in the country. Long wait I know, but it will be worth it. Mi 4 is great. I used it for about 10 days and liked the in-hand feel. Miles better than what the Mi 3 offer, which I always thought lacked a certain amount of heft.

As for the Honor 6, I'm scheduled to get the device for review sometime later this month, so I'll let you know if that's any good. I'm interested in seeing what that HiSilicon Kirin 920 can do in a market inundated with Snapdragon 800/801 SoCs.
Old 20th October 2014, 11:16   #19482
BHPian

Guys, am facing a weird problem on my Moto G 2nd gen. Since, today morning, there are few missed calls on my mobile. Wondered how did I miss these calls. And what I found is that , when an incoming call comes, there is absolutely no sound i.e no ring tone is audible.

I checked this with making calls from different phones and the result is same. Calls are coming but ring tone sound is muted. I changed the ring tone, but no result. When changing the ring tone in the Sound settings, the different ring tones are audible. But not when there are incoming calls. Restart did not work. Will do a reset and check later. There is no problem till yesterday. It's been around 2 weeks since I got this phone.

What could be the problem and possible solution. Awaiting eagerly for replies. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 20th October 2014 at 11:23.
Old 20th October 2014, 11:33   #19483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
What could be the problem and possible solution. Awaiting eagerly for replies. Thanks in advance.
Did you check whether the ringtone volume is there or not? While on the home screen, just press the volume keys, then when the dialog box opens, press on the settings next to the slider and check there.
Old 20th October 2014, 11:47   #19484
BHPian

Confused between the Redmi 1S and the Moto E, as a gift for mother. She clicks a lot of photos of food and so I was wondering if the Moto E is upto this task given the lack of auto-focus.

The Redmi1S on the other hand has a nice 8MP camera, but I see a lot of 1star reviews on Flipkart accusing it of overheating and crashing every so often.

Can someone suggest a phone out of these two (or other android phones) that would be suitable for someone who's never used a smartphone before and with a good camera?
Old 20th October 2014, 12:07   #19485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Did you check whether the ringtone volume is there or not? While on the home screen, just press the volume keys, then when the dialog box opens, press on the settings next to the slider and check there.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the ringtone volume is at max position. I checked each and everything before posting here. Only left is the reset option. Just wondering if I did anything knowingly or unknowingly. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks