Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 16:59   #23356
BHPian

Re: 3GB/32GB RN3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Errr, we all got the higher spec'ed Redmi Note 3 - 3GB / 32 GB variant.
When is the flash next sale for the 3GB/32GB variant? Meantime, could you guys pl. let us know about the camera, audio and the 'heating' factor of this variant?
Old 28th April 2016, 18:02   #23357
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi, since Redmi Note 3 is in talks here, I would like to know something about the gyroscope sensor. The note 3 I purchased 2 week ago has a problem with gyroscope as it has an error of about 4 degrees. I am attaching a pic for reference.
I read MIUI forum about the same issue and it seems a lot of people are facing the same problem. I tried calibrating it with the spirit level app & CIT, but nothing helped. This leads to problems while using VR headset as well.
Also, the camera is kind of disappointing. Low light images through Samsung's 1um sensor are very bad. Day light performance is alright but lacks sharpness and colors produce are over saturated.
I bought it owing to all the hype, and it doesn't disappoint in terms of performance. But I expected more from that 16MP shooter as it was a Mi.
A lot of people had a problem with hybrid sim slot, I am using 2 sim cards with a memory card, by doing a simple mod to hybrid sim tray, so that issue was taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160428174003_com.almalence.opencam_plus.png  

Old 28th April 2016, 18:18   #23358
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with parental control apps? I am thinking of buying a smart phone for my daughter, but obviously don't want to allow unrestricted usage.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:19   #23359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Hi, since Redmi Note 3 is in talks here, I would like to know something about the gyroscope sensor. The note 3 I purchased 2 week ago has a problem with gyroscope as it has an error of about 4 degrees. I am attaching a pic for reference.
I read MIUI forum about the same issue and it seems a lot of people are facing the same problem. I tried calibrating it with the spirit level app & CIT, but nothing helped. This leads to problems while using VR headset as well.
Also, the camera is kind of disappointing. Low light images through Samsung's 1um sensor are very bad. Day light performance is alright but lacks sharpness and colors produce are over saturated.
I bought it owing to all the hype, and it doesn't disappoint in terms of performance. But I expected more from that 16MP shooter as it was a Mi.
A lot of people had a problem with hybrid sim slot, I am using 2 sim cards with a memory card, by doing a simple mod to hybrid sim tray, so that issue was taken care of.
The camera issue has been fixed in dev ROM according to people in miui forums. We will get an update soon. I am still waiting for the approval to unlock bootloader .
Old 28th April 2016, 19:20   #23360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
The camera issue has been fixed in dev ROM according to people in miui forums. We will get an update soon. I am still waiting for the approval to unlock bootloader .
MIUI 8 will be released on 10th May along with Mi Max. Most probably that will be the next update. It should fix the issues. It features a new notification bar, I hope it will be based on Android Marshmallow, as it has better ROM, core, and battery management than Android L.

Last edited by wrongturn : 28th April 2016 at 19:22.
Old 28th April 2016, 19:59   #23361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
When is the flash next sale for the 3GB/32GB variant?
Looking at the trend, Every Wednesday is sale for 16GB variant.
Every month once is the sale for the 32GB variant.
So you may expect the next 32GB sale to be around 27th May.
The next 16GB sale is next Wednesday.

Quote:
Hey wrongturn , would you be able to share how are you able to use dual sim as well as a micro sd card ?
The hybrid sim tray is quite small. If you are able to use all three, then this will be the greatest invention !!
You can PM me if you don't want to discuss here
Old 28th April 2016, 20:12   #23362
BHPian

Quote:
The hybrid sim tray is quite small. If you are able to use all three, then this will be the greatest invention !!
You can PM me if you don't want to discuss here
Here you go
http://en.miui.com/thread-239560-1-1.html
Old 28th April 2016, 21:45   #23363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Wow ! That is the simplest solution that can never come to a common man's mind

Will experiment with an old sim even before the phone arrives. The only trick is to get the chip out of the sim ! Fixing on a micro sd card is simple it seems.
Old 28th April 2016, 22:01   #23364
Senior - BHPian

My HTC Desire 816's touch response has gone bit slow/sluggish lately. I mean i have to tap a bit more rigidly while scrolling and type with greater force to make sure the letter is pressed.

What you guys think? Is it because of the touch/tampered glass?

Any tool/app to re calibrate the display?
Old 28th April 2016, 22:46   #23365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When is the flash next sale for the 3GB/32GB variant? Meantime, could you guys pl. let us know about the camera, audio and the 'heating' factor of this variant?
32GB on mi.com is every week, but on amazon, once a month.
camera reviews so far have been average. if u want good camera, get MI4 instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Brilliant!
Old 28th April 2016, 22:56   #23366
BHPian

Quote:
Wow ! That is the simplest solution that can never come to a common man's mind

Will experiment with an old sim even before the phone arrives. The only trick is to get the chip out of the sim ! Fixing on a micro sd card is simple it seems.
So now that you know how to do it, I will just provide a few points that should be taken care of:
1. Put the sim in appropriate position in the sim tray and memorise the way it has to be pasted on the memory card. Take a pic just to be sure of the way sim chip will be placed as after removing the chip you will have no pattern to help you guide which way it should be placed. I mean the cut away section will now be absent and you will be left just with a rectangular sim chip, so be absolutely sure before burning off the plastic how sim chip has to be placed.
2. Make sure you have a relatively new sim card(maybe 2010 or later), old ones (the one I had was from the year 2001 so that didn't fit) have a thicker IC which might make the sim chip + memory card joint too thick and it will be hard to press it into the sim slot and you might even damage your device in the process.
3. I used a sandisk 32GB class 10 memory card which was thin as well I assume.
4. Burn of the plastic behind the sim chip, preferably over a candle and keep a forcep handy to peel off the chip. Don't heat or burn the chip directly.
5. Now place it on the memory card, be sure about the position. You won't have that cut away section to guide you now as you have peeled it off. Take your time and be very very sure before sticking the chip on the memory card, maybe you have taken a picture as per point 1, consult that.
6. Put a little drop of feviquick on the memory card and press the sim chip over it. Make sure it's a very tiny drop and doesn't come out of corners when you press the sim chip as you might stick your finger to it then, and that could lead to a lot of mess.
7. Place it in the sim tray with the other sim card, now gently push the sim tray into the slot. First sim will go in easily and with a little force, sim + memory card should go in as well. Press the front of sim chip if it's not sliding in while pushing the sim tray into the slot. Have a lot of patience.
Remember you can get a replacement sim easily so don't worry about that but do take care of everything else, back your memory card data just in case.
Good luck
Old 28th April 2016, 23:08   #23367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My HTC Desire 816's touch response has gone bit slow/sluggish lately. I mean i have to tap a bit more rigidly while scrolling and type with greater force to make sure the letter is pressed.

What you guys think? Is it because of the touch/tampered glass?

Any tool/app to re calibrate the display?
Enable developer options, under that enable 'show touches' and 'pointer location' You will now see a little guide dot to show your touches and pointer location will let you draw endless line across your touch. Diagnose every bit of the touch with these two including multi touch.
Or you could go into 'about phone' press 'kernel version' multiple times that should land you into CIT. Check the touch, run a test.
If there is any problem with the touch, remove the tampered glass and try again. If problem persists then get the touch replaced.
If touch is working fine, either factory restore your device or maybe flash a better ROM on it.

Last edited by wrongturn : 28th April 2016 at 23:10.
Old 28th April 2016, 23:33   #23368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
camera reviews so far have been average. if u want good camera, get MI4 instead.
What would be better between OPX n MI4?

All i am looking for is good call quality, camera, good sound(like stereo speakers) n battery in that order.

Last edited by JMaruru : 28th April 2016 at 23:36.
Old 29th April 2016, 00:25   #23369
BHPian

Quote:
What would be better between OPX n MI4?

All i am looking for is good call quality, camera, good sound(like stereo speakers) n battery in that order.
I would not recommend either Mi4 or OPX. OPX is a shrinked down version of OPO, but it's at least 4G capable which Mi4 isn't. Both run on 32 bit architecture SoC. On the other hand Redmi Note 3 is future proof and it even supports CDMA, so that makes it a global phone much like my iPhone. You should wait till May 10, 2016 when MIUI 8 will be rolled out. If that sorts out the camera issue Redmi Note 3 beats Mi4 & OPX hands down. I am using two paid apps, a better camera & camera fv-5, and they produce images a little better than stock camera app but maybe I am inclined to think like that since I paid for them. They have options to keep torch i.e. flash on while taking a low light image which helps a lot, also fv-5 provides DSLR type options, like controlled exposure and shutter speed. So with a better app you can definitely get better images with the Redmi Note 3 camera compared to stock Mi4 & OPX camera.
Hope this helps
Old 29th April 2016, 09:28   #23370
BHPian

Quote:
I wThey have options to keep torch i.e. flash on while taking a low light image which helps a lot, also fv-5 provides DSLR type options, like controlled exposure and shutter speed. So with a better app you can definitely get better images with the Redmi Note 3 camera compared to stock Mi4 & OPX camera.
Hope this helps
+1
I too have a paid camera app which is producing better images than the stock camera on RN3.

Quote:
Images with stock camera are average as mentioned in earlier posts. I haven't experienced any overheating while using the phone. Its similar to the other phones that I have used in past. While charging, yes it heats a bit and if used alongside charging then yes it feels a little warmer than normal. I guess that should be the case with other phones as well. I think speakers are ok but sound in headphones feels enhanced and distinct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks