Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 09:39   #24226
BHPian

Re: RN3 and Missed calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
In between guys, I am planning to order a Moto G4 plus for camera. The primary use is to take pics/ Videos of Toddler. Camera performance is rated pretty high everywhere though there are some heat/slow response issues. But Can't find any other alternative.

Please suggest any other phone with excellent cameras in the 20k range. Considered S7 but somehow not able to justify the expense only for the camera
If the requirement is just a camera, why not buy a compact camera ?

If a phone is really needed, then select something with OIS as you have mentioned a toddler.

Lenovo Zuk Z1
Samsung A5/A7 2016
Xiaomi Mi5
Old 9th August 2016, 09:47   #24227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
If a phone is really needed, then select something with OIS as you have mentioned a toddler.
What would a OIS do while capturing a toddler? OIS can help in stabilizing the shakes created due to trembling hands, thats it, its not gonna freeze the quick moving subject like a playing kid.

You need very fast lens with wide opened aperture and sensor which is capable of capturing least noisy picture at highest possible ISO.
Old 9th August 2016, 10:29   #24228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
If the requirement is just a camera, why not buy a compact camera ?

Sharing is easier with phone. So compact camera was ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
What would a OIS do while capturing a toddler? OIS can help in stabilizing the shakes created due to trembling hands, thats it, its not gonna freeze the quick moving subject like a playing kid.

You need very fast lens with wide opened aperture and sensor which is capable of capturing least noisy picture at highest possible ISO.
They have a DSLR. Not sure what lens though. I will suggest them to take a look at this as an option.
Old 9th August 2016, 12:04   #24229
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Ordered the RedMi 3S Prime for my wife. She found the Redmi Note3 to be bit bulky. Logged on to the site just a few minutes before 12 and was able to buy this. Expecting the delivery tomorrow.
Old 9th August 2016, 12:15   #24230
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Installing the July 2016 "Security" patch for Android resulted in serious volume issues on Nexus phones and this was fixed in the subsequent August 2016 update last week.

Link
Old 9th August 2016, 12:26   #24231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Installing the July 2016 "Security" patch for Android resulted in serious volume issues on Nexus phones and this was fixed in the subsequent August 2016 update last week.

Link
Had a feeling that my Alarm volume suddenly decreased. I attributed it to my hearing becoming bad. Thankfully it is the software that had gone haywire.

I believe the volume's back to normal and I did observe it. But didn't take much note of it since I didn't know about this bug earlier.

Shows that there is some credit to these monthly updates from Google.

Hoping for Android N as well. Right now Nexus 5 misses out :(
Old 9th August 2016, 12:52   #24232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fully agree. OIS doesn't work for kids
My suggestion? take the kid out to the nearest croma and let him do his gig. In my subjective tests as of Apr 2015 - iPhone 6+ and Xperia Z series were way ahead of others.

PS: TBPP bhai, good to finally agree on a recommendation
Old 9th August 2016, 13:06   #24233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I love the RN3 except the fact that it runs Android, its crappy speaker output (easy to miss calls if ringer <100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Even with 100%, am having, many a missed calls on my RN3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I agree. Speaker volume is the lowest I have ever heard in a phone.
Try this:

http://en.miui.com/thread-17459-1-1.html
Old 9th August 2016, 14:01   #24234
BHPian

Guys and Guru s

I have a Lenovo K 4 Note with the latest Android update (6).
I am looking to transfer some apps from the phone to the sd card because the phone memory is almost full and it has slowed down.

All videos/tutorials/google search shows the method of the earlier version of Android.

Can anyone help me with " How to transfer the apps from the phone memory to the sd card" ?

Thanks in advance.

Sandip
Old 9th August 2016, 14:12   #24235
BHPian

“QuadRooter” Puts 900 Million Smartphones “At Risk” — How To Check If Your Device Is Safe

Link to the app to check your if your device is affected: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...int.quadrooter

Here is the list of devices at risk:
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung S7 Edge
  • Sony Xperia Z Ultra
  • OnePlus One, OnePlus 2 and OnePlus 3
  • Google Nexus 5X, Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P
  • Blackphone 1 and Blackphone 2
  • HTC One, HTC M9 and HTC 10
  • LG G4, LG G5, and LG V10
  • New Moto X by Motorola
  • BlackBerry Priv

"The Quadrooter bugs allow a potential attacker to gain root privileges allowing full device control by exploiting the vulnerabilities. This can be done by writing a malicious app and getting it installed on the users’ smartphone. “Such an app would require no special permissions to take advantage of these vulnerabilities, alleviate any suspicion users may have when installing,” the researchers said."

Last edited by tbppjpr : 9th August 2016 at 14:17.
Old 9th August 2016, 14:29   #24236
BHPian

Quote:
"QuadRooter" Puts 900 Million Smartphones "At Risk" &mdash; How To Check If Your Device Is Safe

Link to the app to check your if your device is affected: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...int.quadrooter

"The Quadrooter bugs allow a potential attacker to gain root privileges allowing full device control by exploiting the vulnerabilities. This can be done by writing a malicious app and getting it installed on the users' smartphone. "Such an app would require no special permissions to take advantage of these vulnerabilities, alleviate any suspicion users may have when installing," the researchers said."
I downloaded the app and checked my s7. No vulnerabilities present thank you for the heads up!

Last edited by SDP : 16th August 2016 at 09:26. Reason: Snipped the quoted post for better readability
Old 9th August 2016, 14:31   #24237
Senior - BHPian

I got this report by QuadRooter Scanner on my Moto X Style (rooted).

What should I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-whatsapp-image-20160809-14.27.35.jpeg  

Old 9th August 2016, 14:38   #24238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
What should I do?
That question remains unanswered.

Your situation is still better since Moto X Style will receive the Android 7 upgrade, think about those devices which gonna stick with the versions they are in right now.

For the current OS versions, Google will release the security patch soon which Nexus devices will receive but the manufacturer specific device may or may not get it ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I downloaded the app and checked my s7. No vulnerabilities present thank you for the heads up!
Does your S7 have Qualcomm processor?

Last edited by tbppjpr : 9th August 2016 at 14:43.
Old 9th August 2016, 15:00   #24239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Yes Honor 5C seems to be good in terms of performance and battery life. i wish there was a 32GB storage version though.

one option might be to get a used nexus 5x. it's also available on ebay for under 20k but they are imported ones, so you won't get warranty.
Nexus 5X's photo quality is excellent, but only if you are able to get the shot right. By the time, the phone focuses and takes the shot, my boy would be at the other side of the room. Moreover after 5-10 shots, the app becomes laggy and eventually, I have to restart the device. Hope the Nougat update fixes it.
Old 9th August 2016, 16:23   #24240
BHPian

Quote:
Does your S7 have Qualcomm processor?
S7 in India and many Asian markets have the Samsung processor - exynos. I just checked it after you asked the question

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks