Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 01:08   #24406
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
Apologies for back to back posts.

I'd say wait for nexus if you are willing to spend 20+ on a phone. Most of the offers that you are getting are going to make you spend more. They are there for distraction.

Nexus phones are for the long run, even when they are not supported officially. Aftermarket support for nexus is simply amazing. I have velocity rom (MM) on my N4 and man it flies with 2x in animation settings. This is when I bought my N4 almost after a year or more of its launch.

I want to use my nex more often but then as you mentioned (for N5), battery is the sore point.
I think Nexus will be more expensive though. The Nexus 5x is still as expensive as the OP3. And OnePlus also has good custom ROM support and comes the closest to Nexus in that regard. Nexus will of course have better official support so it should be worth the extra money. Only issue for me with Nexus devices is that they don't have dual-SIM support and there is no micro SD slot which was really bad when you consider the 16 GB model. This year they are rumoured to have 32GB in the base model. If that storage and single SIM is sufficient, then Nexus can be considered, albeit at a higher price point than OP3.
Old 1st September 2016, 09:25   #24407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Some great offers going on One Plus 3 in Amazon. 12 month Accident protection, 500 rupees of Kindle Store money, 1000 Cashback for ICICI Bank Credit Cards, upto 2350 in Gift Card for EMI purchase.

Tempting for me now. Somebody put an argument against it, please
No argument against it, my friend . Go for it- whether or not there are any offers. Even at the price point of 28K, it is a phenomenally value for money high end device. Have been using it for a month and a half now, and no regrets whatsoever. Loving it more and more with time!
Old 1st September 2016, 10:25   #24408
BHPian

Re: Matte Screen Guard for Redmi Note 3!

I am unable to find matte screen guard for my 'Redmi Note 3', in most mobile outlets in south b'lore. The one, I got the with the phone got peeled off.

Has the trend changed about screen guards coz most of them have some type of glass which is laid on top of the screen but NOT the thin matte screen guard.

I had the matte screen cover on my 'Nexus 4' and liked the look and feel a lot.
Could we get the same for 'Redmi Note 3'?
Old 1st September 2016, 10:32   #24409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The fingerprint sensor on the Redmi is actually faster than that on my S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
If the Redmi 3S is laggy, then get the Redmi Note 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
hi Gannu_1, I suggest going forward, pick phone with fingerprint sensor and please don't skip this feature.
Ordered the Redmi 3S Prime during the flash sale yesterday.

At 12 PM, it said sold out! I was baffled when I saw that and a friend got it using his smartphone. Ordered it right away. I just hope they deliver it without canceling it. Will keep this thread updated on the initial impressions once I receive it.

Thanks a lot for the inputs guys! Appreciate it.
Old 1st September 2016, 11:27   #24410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Ordered the Redmi 3S Prime during the flash sale yesterday.

At 12 PM, it said sold out! I was baffled when I saw that and a friend got it using his smartphone. Ordered it right away. I just hope they deliver it without canceling it. Will keep this thread updated on the initial impressions once I receive it.

Thanks a lot for the inputs guys! Appreciate it.
Congrats Gannu. My Wife has been using this for the past 3 weeks. I couldnt get much time with it for a resonable review. The battery backup is about 2 days on a full charge. The UI is smooth. One issue could be the ringer volume, which is a tad less. The fingerprint sensor is quite fast and is convenient. Overall, its VFM +!
The site behaved weird. I could add the phone to card a few minutes before the sale was to start! At first it erroed out, but retried and I got the phone. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 1st September 2016, 18:22   #24411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Still stuck on kit Kat.
Check for an update using Sony PC Companion desktop software. My Xperia ZL (the Z's non water resistant & compact version with identical hardware) switched to Android Lollipop a really long time ago.
Old 1st September 2016, 18:31   #24412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Check for an update using Sony PC Companion desktop software. My Xperia ZL (the Z's non water resistant & compact version with identical hardware) switched to Android Lollipop a really long time ago.
Yeah - been reading not so good reviews about the stock software updates and that battery life has been really dumbed down because of them. Hence didnt take the jump.

Guess I'll just do the resurrection 6.0 and go the whole hog.
Old 1st September 2016, 18:44   #24413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Yeah - been reading not so good reviews about the stock software updates and that battery life has been really dumbed down because of them. Hence didnt take the jump.
Almost all updates apart from the switch to KitKat were pretty smooth at my end. Infact even the Lollipop update works fine for me, but then I'm not very picky and may have missed noticing the more intricate stuff.
Old 3rd September 2016, 13:30   #24414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
No argument against it, my friend . Go for it- whether or not there are any offers. Even at the price point of 28K, it is a phenomenally value for money high end device. Have been using it for a month and a half now, and no regrets whatsoever. Loving it more and more with time!
This was really tempting, and specially for someone who has used a OPX, I am fairly happy with the phone, except a couple of bugs like the lack of fingerprint reader bugs me no end. There is also a stutter while playing Youtube videos, quite often.

The only thing that held me back, is the rather indifferent reviews of the camera of OP3 and the rather mediocre sound quality, both on the loudspeaker and headphones. I would have gladly bought the Nexus 6P if it looked and felt like OP3, which it doesn't

Both phones are great in their own respect though. I was looking at it as my secondary phone finally gave way (Moto G2). Decided to stick the sim to my old Blackberry and wait for the end of the year.
Old 5th September 2016, 23:25   #24415
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phone within 10-11K

I am looking to buy a new phone with following requirements (not in particular order)
1. Good Quality Camera (the photo should not show huge pixels when zoomed in).
2. Dual Sim with separate Micro SD Card Slot (No hybrid slot please).
3. If it supports 4G, too good.
4. Maximum Internal Memory possible that allows me to install many many apps without- a. Slowing down too much and b. restricting me with only 1-2 GB Apps Memory.
5. Budget- 10000/-.
6. Screen size- Minimum 5".
7. Reliable.
8. No Bloatwares (Especially Samsung. No offense to Samsung Owners).

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 5th September 2016 at 23:30.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:09   #24416
BHPian

Re: Matte Screen Guard for Redmi Note 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I had the matte screen cover on my 'Nexus 4' and liked the look and feel a lot.
Could we get the same for 'Redmi Note 3'?
If price is not issue, you can get it from GadgetShieldz. I prefer their clear screen guard over matte. My nexus 6 now adores their carbon fiber Skin with clear screen guard (comes as part of skin). As far as durability of screen guard is concerned, I have first used their screen guard on Nexus S in 2010, which lasted till 2012. Bought same again, it is going strong till now.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:28   #24417
Senior - BHPian

Nexus 6p owners - have you got the Nougat update ? Even the factory images are up only for the 5x and not yet for the 6p.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:55   #24418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Nexus 6p owners - have you got the Nougat update ? Even the factory images are up only for the 5x and not yet for the 6p.
I installed it on my 5X the other day and works smooth so far. Waiting to root it now but no root kits available for Android N yet!
Old 6th September 2016, 09:59   #24419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

In all due probability I will pick the Note 7. I usually keep my phones for long and the Note 7 is just too tempting. These small issues will be there in all the phones if you want to nitpick.
http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...recall-714419/

Note 7 has a serious issue.
Old 6th September 2016, 10:00   #24420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Go and enroll yourself in the Beta program - https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0

You will immediately get the N update. Post update you can remove your device from the Beta program.

Since the release is the final one, your device will retain the OS.

Did this on my 6P.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks