Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2019, 19:13   #28486
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Here in India they are providing the Galaxy buds at 3K (normal price >10K) and Galaxy watch as 10K (normal price 25K). No free wireless charger. Planning to buy one from Amazon/Flipkart.

I believe the S10 is overall a better package than S10+. The main advantage of the S10+ is the bigger battery and screen. But, the S10 is one-hand friendly and the single camera looks better and less intrusive. Also, as per the reviews, there is no huge difference due to the secondary camera on the S10+. So, I will definitely save the 10K and buy the S10.
Its either the buds or Galaxy Watch not both.
Old 4th March 2019, 23:01   #28487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Its either the buds or Galaxy Watch not both.
Yes, thats what I meant.
Which one you suggest? I am struggling to get real life feedback of the Galaxy watch. Planning to go for the Galaxy buds as those should be really useful.

Planning to go for a Portronics wireless charger. ANy other suggesitons?
Old 4th March 2019, 23:35   #28488
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, thats what I meant.
Which one you suggest? I am struggling to get real life feedback of the Galaxy watch. Planning to go for the Galaxy buds as those should be really useful.

Planning to go for a Portronics wireless charger. ANy other suggestions?
Well if I was planning for Galaxy phone I would buy a Galaxy watch eyes closed. The watch (46 mm one) retails for 29.9 K and its a steal for 9.9 K. Recently got a Samsung Fit Pro 2 for wife along with a JBL BT earphones. Fit 2 pro is more of a fitness band with some smart features thrown in.

Most of the updates like WhatsApp, SMS, calls can be answered using the watch itself. One doesn't even need to take out the phone. It can also be used for maps when synched with phone. Very useful for cycling and bike riding as you can just look at your wrists and drive. It can also be used as a stand alone device as it has GPS. So one need not carry the phone especially while doing hardcore physical activities like swimming, running, gymming etc. With around 2.5 GB if usable memory it can be used as a music player which can be connect to a Bluetooth earphones without the phone around. You get weather updates as well. Its syncs up with most fitness apps like Strava, My Fitness Pal etc. Works best with Samsung Health app. But one can continue to use multiple apps and sync up all together.

Galaxy watch is a full fledged smart watch. Imagine the possibilities. If you are an active person you will never regret buying the watch. It should easily last 4-5 years so if you continue to be a Galaxy phone user you are all set for half a decade. Buy your Bluetooth earphone separately. Chances of misplacing these earbuds are more due to their size. A full charge wont give you anything more than 6 hours. Yes you can use the case to charge but it should take around an hour to get fully charged. The neckband types Bluetooth earphones have a 10-12 hrs. of charge and chances of loosing it is almost nil as it would be around your neck. Get one from RHA, Sony, V Moda, Jays or Bose based on your budget and needs. Get one with AptX support for sound quality equivalent to corresponding wired ones. Together these three galaxy phone + watch and BT earphones can make life a lot easier. You are hands free mot of the time and I also noticed that the overall mobile screen time decreases. If you use the watch for answering your calls, messages and WhatsApp you tend not to pick up the phone every time there is beep. This leads to more productive time in the day.

Last edited by nibedk : 4th March 2019 at 23:42. Reason: Correction
Old 5th March 2019, 07:22   #28489
BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Yes, thats what I meant.

Planning to go for a Portronics wireless charger. ANy other suggesitons?

When I bought the Note 9, in a similar offer I also bought the Samsung Gear Sport. It was an okay device. Nothing too impressive. I was using it mainly as a fitness watch. The GPS performance was very very poor. I would go cycling and even if I had the Note 9 with me, during the entire 45 minutes of cycling it did not get a GPS Signal. After 45 minutes it used to show about 1 km of cycling done. Abysmal. This kept on happening despite changing area of cycling, updates , etc. The poor GPS had been reported in Gear sport on various forums. Finally I got fed up. Bought the Apple Watch Series 4 and paired it to my wife's iPhone. This, Apple Watch is what a smart watch should be. Anything other than it, is not a smart watch.

PS. My impressions are based on Galaxy Gear Sport and not Galaxy Watch.

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 5th March 2019 at 07:23.
Old 7th March 2019, 01:07   #28490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Mine will come only after 8th March. It's the 512GB variant.
Pleasant surprise - my Samsung dealership friend called me up at 6 PM and asked me to visit him after 7:30 PM. I reached at 8 PM and he, with an all-knowing smile, forwarded a big black box with a huge S10+ written on top of it. The S10+ 8/512 was finally in my hands! He had also done a small cake cutting ceremony with the Samsung team earlier and offered me a big slice.

First impressions - the S10+ is a complete stunner! With it's fantastic display and build, it is easily the best looking phone in the market today. The UI is very fluid and a hoot to use, the in-display fingerprint reader took some time to get set but works like a charm, and some small tinkering with the display + developer settings has now made the S10+'s display much better with better contrast and natural colours & sharpness, than how it was looking when it came out of the box.

Some snaps:
Details.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image1.jpeg

Specs.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image2.jpeg

Beside my iPhone X.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-3.jpg

Rear view.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image3.jpeg

Standby screens.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image4.jpeg

Home screens.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-12.jpg

Unlocking screen.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image11.jpeg

Menu screen.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image14.jpeg

In Night mode.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image7.jpeg

Same in Day mode.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20190228_130826.jpg

Notifications.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image8.jpeg

Youtube.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image5.jpeg

Full screen Youtube video. The front cameras are almost hidden.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image13.jpeg

Storage details.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image16.jpeg

RAM details.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-image17.jpeg

Apologies for the quality of some of the pics of my X & 10+ together. They were taken under improper lighting by my wife's humble Nokia 8.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th March 2019 at 01:10.
Old 8th March 2019, 15:57   #28491
Distinguished - BHPian

I was thinking of booking the S10 with the Galaxy watch offer but it seems they have withdrawn the offers now. There is no mention of the watch anymore and the Galaxy buds prices too have been increased to 4K now. Usually I always buy Samsung flagships 6 months after the launch when they drop prices. The watch at 10k made the deal lucrative enough to spend that much money at launch. I guess it will be a wait this time too.
Old 9th March 2019, 11:32   #28492
Senior - BHPian

Got the Galaxy S10 blue variant yesterday.
The phone looks gorgeous and the punch hole camera is not distracting at all. Also, it feels extremely light and elegant - arguably the best designed smartphone ever.

I am still getting used to the OneUI - feels smooth and easy to use, a huge improvement from the usual laggy Touchwiz of yesteryears. I am using the Nova launcher though with Google now feed as I am too used to it.

The camera seems very good, though there is a tendency to overexpose, particuarly in the selfie camera. I am hoping further updates should improve the camera. The color pop feature in bokeh mode is awesome and the ultra wide camera is the real star of the camera.

Will keep updating as I spend more time with the phone.

Meanwhile, I am looking for a good clear case for the phone - any suggestions? I normally buy the Spigen cases but those are still not available for the S10.
Also, planning to buy a wireless charger. let me know if there are any recommendations.
Old 9th March 2019, 11:49   #28493
Distinguished - BHPian

There is some talk that the regular tempered glasses available in the market are not compatible with the in built finger print sensor based on the new technology. Can you confirm?
Old 9th March 2019, 14:48   #28494
Distinguished - BHPian

All ye interested or owning the S10 phone, fyi please. This is probably just a low-key security issue but still worth to be aware of it -

Just on a whim, I tried it with my OP6; the face unlock doesn't get fooled so easily, much more secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The S10+ 8/512 was finally in my hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I was thinking of booking the S10 with the Galaxy watch offer
Quote:
Got the Galaxy S10 blue variant yesterday.
Old 9th March 2019, 14:55   #28495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, planning to buy a wireless charger. let me know if there are any recommendations.
I have the Samsung Dual Wireless charger. I use it for my Note8, Gear S3 and iphone6. I like the form factor with one chager at 45° enabling me to watch videos while charging while the other is flat.
Old 10th March 2019, 09:53   #28496
BANNED

I have just updated the OS on my Galaxy S8, all 1.6GB of it. Went through smoothly and many front panel icons were changed. However, I find the power down image is not that prominent, or visible. The OS version is now 9 from 8.0.0 and UI is now One UI 1.0. The system is smoother than before, but I will hold my opinion till I try it out a bit more.
Old 13th March 2019, 19:53   #28497
BHPian

Re: Annoying message after each call.

Is there a way to knock off this airtel pop-up message after each call? It's annoying with 'cancel' and 'save' buttons, which has to be selected to exit to main screen. It might have cropped up after the latest update from Asus. I am on 'Asus Max Pro M1'.

Old 13th March 2019, 21:43   #28498
BHPian

Re: Annoying message after each call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way to knock off this airtel pop-up message after each call? It's annoying with 'cancel' and 'save' buttons, which has to be selected to exit to main screen. It might have cropped up after the latest update from Asus. I am on 'Asus Max Pro M1'.

I am looking for a solution on OnePlus 6 as well. Can't seem to find one. This message never came till 2-3 months back.
Old 13th March 2019, 21:43   #28499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

It is called flash message. Try and see whether it is a phone issue or carrier issue.
Old 14th March 2019, 11:29   #28500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I was thinking of booking the S10 with the Galaxy watch offer but it seems they have withdrawn the offers now. There is no mention of the watch anymore and the Galaxy buds prices too have been increased to 4K now.
They were pre-booking offers so they were promptly withdrawn as soon as the S10 series were launched.

I had placed the order for the watch @ 9,999/-, and it has been dispatched to my location on 12th March. Will update once I get it.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-untitled.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
All ye interested or owning the S10 phone, fyi please. This is probably just a low-key security issue but still worth to be aware of it
I have the in-display fingerprint scanner + PIN enabled on my S10+. No face recognition set up.

Contrary to what the reviews/critics have been saying, the fingerprint scanner works like a charm and is quite quick. I guess the trick is to get your finger or thumb scanned from as many angles as possible for it to work quickly.

As for the S10+ experience, I am loving every second of it so far. Minor tweaks to the UI and the camera settings are smoothing out any/all rough edges the phone has.

It's a brilliant phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks