Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 15:48   #3046
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Yesterday I selected the Encrypt option in my BlackBerry 8530 and after some time it said that this process would take few minutes, later notice that the handheld is in restarting process. Since then it’s not getting switched on completely, the startup screen displays with loading bar and again goes blank and repeats again and again.

Can somebody suggest what to do. Even tried to reset with removing the battery and inserting it back, still no luck.
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:21   #3047
Senior - BHPian

How many have you installed the new OS6 on the BB curve 9300 version 6.0.0.418.
I happen to get the BB 9300 for my wife a day back for Rs.15k and will be updating to it soon.

Last edited by Invinsible : 3rd January 2011 at 02:28.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:31   #3048
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Another problem has occured in my BB8520.
when i go into compose email and the cursor is at the TO field we normally would start typing the name of the person who we want to email and a list would occur at the bottom.

For my 8520 it was working fine until yesterday. But today morning when i had to send a few emails i was not getting the list. So i had to go into address book and go to the contact and select EMAIL from Menu and send emails.

And if I type in the email address in the TO field directly it would not show the "SEND" option in the OPTIONS.

Please help. Could it be the software issue? From where can i re install my BB software?

Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:11   #3049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Akshay,
Where is this place ColoMii in Bandra? Directions please.

Hi Akki - Please could you let us know the difference between the OS 5 and OS 6?

Thanks guys!
Could someone help me out here please?
Thank You!
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:51   #3050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Yesterday I selected the Encrypt option in my BlackBerry 8530 and after some time it said that this process would take few minutes, later notice that the handheld is in restarting process. Since then it’s not getting switched on completely, the startup screen displays with loading bar and again goes blank and repeats again and again.

Can somebody suggest what to do. Even tried to reset with removing the battery and inserting it back, still no luck.

Went to service center the same day, they tried to update the software but didn’t worked as the handheld already got the updated software so the guy informed me to visit again on Monday so a senior person would attend.
Visited the center again today, no luck. He took my alternate contact no. and said that it should be done by tomorrow morning else the handheld should be sent back for repair(gave assurance of 90% that it be done).
Old 3rd January 2011, 22:59   #3051
Senior - BHPian

Uploaded the OS6 BB 9300 and it works like charm and much more fluid. Overall much better than the OS5
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:00   #3052
BHPian

T Mobile Blackberry Phones

Hi Was in the market for the 9700 0r the 9780. The shop had the official and the grey version with the price diff beeing about 4.5k to 5 k. The grey market version was a phone with the T Mobile mentioned on it in a white box. Has any one used the T mobile phones here ?? If so any problems faced??
Old 4th January 2011, 00:03   #3053
Senior - BHPian

Re: T Mobile Blackberry Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi Was in the market for the 9700 0r the 9780. The shop had the official and the grey version with the price diff beeing about 4.5k to 5 k. The grey market version was a phone with the T Mobile mentioned on it in a white box. Has any one used the T mobile phones here ?? If so any problems faced??
What was the price quoted for the same ?
Old 4th January 2011, 04:28   #3054

Does anyone have any idea on how to upgrade BB9700 to OS6 from a MAc?
Old 4th January 2011, 05:56   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Precisely. You cannot have both CDMA and GSM active at the same time.
True, I am using a 8830 world edition which is capable of working in CDMA and GSM. However as sgiitk mentioned both cannot be active at the same time. This is made only for the people who do more of international roaming as few countries still stick with CDMA technology.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:34   #3056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Does anyone have any idea on how to upgrade BB9700 to OS6 from a MAc?
I suppose you need to download the blackberry software updater for the mac. When I was doing it for windows 7, I did see an option for Mac. After which you go to device update and it does it all.
However I didn't Blackberry.in, I choose the US site to do download and install. The Version is 6.0.0.380 which is available officially and there is leaked out new version that is 6.0.0.418 however this one has few bugs in contacts where at times it doesn't store when you go to store new contact.

Last edited by Invinsible : 4th January 2011 at 09:37.
Old 4th January 2011, 15:54   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Went to service center the same day, they tried to update the software but didn’t worked as the handheld already got the updated software so the guy informed me to visit again on Monday so a senior person would attend.
Visited the center again today, no luck. He took my alternate contact no. and said that it should be done by tomorrow morning else the handheld should be sent back for repair(gave assurance of 90% that it be done).
Just back from service center again with no luck after waiting for 30mins, concern guy was out for lunch. Came back after 30mins of waiting and said that he didnt get time to check the handset, said will update me back again in another 2hrs. If it can't be done then it should be sent for repair and will take 15 days, was saying will get a new handheld after that. In mean time asked me to transfer the number to other handset if the problem is not rectified, mine is Reliance CDMA.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:29   #3058
BHPian

Re: T Mobile Blackberry Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
What was the price quoted for the same ?
abt 27 k for official and 23 k k for the t mobile one.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:35   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Uploaded the OS6 BB 9300 and it works like charm and much more fluid. Overall much better than the OS5
I have BB 8900 running on version 4.6.1.250. On the net it says that I can load os 5 on the phone but when i try and update the software it says that this is the latest software available. is any one running a 8900 with a os 5 operating system.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:26   #3060
Senior - BHPian

Get 5.0.0.681 / 5.0.0.900 or leaked OS 5.0.0.1036.

All the above builds work fine on 8900.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks