Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2009, 19:36   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
First sync your phone to Outlook, then sync the outlook address book to the BB. Dont worry new handsets are rarely pin locked. Refer to earlier pages for other suggestions.

And congrats you're officially on crack!
Thanks..
Transfered all contacts to BB.
Old 8th March 2009, 21:51   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Good News !!!

Finally got the unlocked Curve 8900.
Box included Handset, charger, usb cable, leather pouch, cd and manual.

Guys,
How can i transfer my phonebook from E71?

I just called up Vodafone customer care and customer care representative told that they have 3 BB plans.
1) 249 Rs (browsing 1kb = 15 paisa)
2) 499 Rs (500kb free after that 1kb = 15 paisa)
3) 1099 Rs (unlimited)

Also got the information that All BB and Vodafone Mobile Connect plans are now Pro-rata basis.

Cheers..
Mugen_Power.
@Mugen_Power - How much did you pay for the unlocked 8900? From where?

And when is your E71 coming up for sale? Im the first one in line for it!
Old 9th March 2009, 10:38   #453
AGP
BHPian

Congrate Mugen for your new Curve 8900!!!
how much it costed you?
I too a prpud owner of BOLD which I purchased last week and yet to activate any BB service.

I also called Vodafone,
they have plan of Rs. 299 and not Rs. 250. More over I have one doubt about 499 plan. as you mentioned and that vodafone guy also said that 500 kb free and there after 15 paise per kb....if you calculate it will be 75 Rs. for 500 kb then what they are charing us for 500 kb!!!!

anyway, I placed a request for Vodafone Blackberry Prosumer Lite @299 per month by sending SMS ACT BBPL to 111.

now can anybody guide me what will I recieve after activation and what I have to do to start emailing. earlier I activated Vodafone Live for Rs. 49 and my browser is set bydefault to Vodafone live...How to chage this after the activation of BB PL service?

Thanks in advance,
Quote:
Good News !!!

Finally got the unlocked Curve 8900.
Box included Handset, charger, usb cable, leather pouch, cd and manual.

Guys,
How can i transfer my phonebook from E71?

I just called up Vodafone customer care and customer care representative told that they have 3 BB plans.
3) 1099 Rs (unlimited)

Also got the information that All BB and Vodafone Mobile Connect plans are now Pro-rata basis.

Cheers..
Mugen_Power.
Old 9th March 2009, 11:08   #454
BHPian

Found this here. Vodafone launches new BlackBerry Plan | MobiGyaan.com

Just like airtel started an unlimited email and instant messaging for Rs.499, vodafone has launched the same for Rs.299 unlimited email and instant messaging. You can find the details of the plan in the above link. I think nobody would now go for the 500kb plan. Not that anyone is taking already too.

Quote:
3) 1099 Rs (unlimited)

Cheers..
Mugen_Power.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:23   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
@Mugen_Power - How much did you pay for the unlocked 8900? From where?

And when is your E71 coming up for sale? Im the first one in line for it!
Thanks...
25K for Unlocked Curve 8900 from Rajkot.
E71 coming up for sale soon. you can pm me your offer.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:58   #456
BHPian

Officially unlocked bb's in india?

h**p://http://snipurl.com/dfu3b

If anything of this is true, can I really walk into "The Mobile Store" and walk out with a TATA Indicom connection on a Blackberry Storm?
Old 9th March 2009, 17:37   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Found this here. Vodafone launches new BlackBerry Plan | MobiGyaan.com

Just like airtel started an unlimited email and instant messaging for Rs.499, vodafone has launched the same for Rs.299 unlimited email and instant messaging. You can find the details of the plan in the above link. I think nobody would now go for the 500kb plan. Not that anyone is taking already too.
Is this for real? Can someone please confirm if this is true?

If Vodafone can sell BIS Unlimited Plan for Rs 299 pm, just imagine the huge amount of profits they were making on selling it for Rs 1099 pm!

Or is it that Rs 299/mth UL BIS has restrictions in terms of data speed or something else?
Old 9th March 2009, 19:00   #458
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME AMAZING FANTASTIC BRILLANT!

Thank you so much Vodafone, I knew you wouldnt let me down. As soon as I saw that post I called up customer care and even thought my billing cycle is just 3 days away I activated the plan, just sent the message.

You can use unlimited email and messenger functions but cant do browsing and other things. I will check the functionality and am very sure the service books/device can be hacked to use other apps as well. But will only know when its active and I do the Jugaad on the phone. Poor Bold was depressed with edge its going to be on EDGE soon! Very soon.

To activate the plan simply send "ACT BBPL" to 111 and its done.

People everyone ditch your Nokia's HTC's and whatever's and head to your nearest stores to pick up your favourite flavour of Berry goodness.

I cant tell you how happy I am. I am litrally dancing. AWESOME! Hats off Vodafone, Hats off!
Old 9th March 2009, 21:01   #459
BHPian

Vodafone 299

@quickdraw
Are you still dancing? You are tempting me to switch over to Vodafone from Airtel! But for the fancy number (9994099950) I have, I would have done so. At the same time I do hope Airtel also will come out with a similar plan. Pl. suggest one or two BB Handsets in midrange, should support emails in HTML format.
Old 9th March 2009, 22:41   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Is this for real? Can someone please confirm if this is true?

If Vodafone can sell BIS Unlimited Plan for Rs 299 pm, just imagine the huge amount of profits they were making on selling it for Rs 1099 pm!

Or is it that Rs 299/mth UL BIS has restrictions in terms of data speed or something else?
Its there on Vodafone website.

Blackberry lite
Old 9th March 2009, 23:41   #461
Senior - BHPian

@Quickdraw,

Which plan did you activated?

Today i called up vodafone Corporate executive and got information that they have three plans from the starting.

1) 499 (500mb free)
2) 699 (1gb free)
3) 899 (unlimited)

He suggested me to get an annual unlimited plan for 6999/-

So i am confused now how many plans does vodafone offers?
Old 9th March 2009, 23:43   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Congrate Mugen for your new Curve 8900!!!
how much it costed you?
I too a prpud owner of BOLD which I purchased last week and yet to activate any BB service.
Thanks AGP and congrats for BOLD.
Old 10th March 2009, 03:16   #463
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you so much Vodafone, I knew you wouldnt let me down. As soon as I saw that post I called up customer care and even thought my billing cycle is just 3 days away I activated the plan, just sent the message.

You can use unlimited email and messenger functions but cant do browsing and other things. I will check the functionality and am very sure the service books/device can be hacked to use other apps as well. But will only know when its active and I do the Jugaad on the phone. Poor Bold was depressed with edge its going to be on EDGE soon! Very soon.

People everyone ditch your Nokia's HTC's and whatever's and head to your nearest stores to pick up your favourite flavour of Berry goodness.

I cant tell you how happy I am. I am litrally dancing. AWESOME! Hats off Vodafone, Hats off!
I still cant believe this btw ...why exactly were we paying 1099 for this earlier?

Now this gives me a reason to move from my BBOLD from Airtel Sim to Vodafone sim
Old 10th March 2009, 10:45   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
I still cant believe this btw ...why exactly were we paying 1099 for this earlier?

Now this gives me a reason to move from my BBOLD from Airtel Sim to Vodafone sim
See this page for a comparison of BIS Prosumer Lite 299 vs BIS 1099
Blackberry lite

It says these following features are disabled in Rs 299 plan
  1. Access to social networking applications built by RIM (i.e. Flickr, Facebook, MySpace)
  2. BIS Browser
  3. BlackBerry / Google Maps
  4. BrickBreaker with High score keeper
  5. Access to applications that utilise push data
  6. Access to Vodafone Live!
  7. Download a game from a third-party web site
  8. Download an application from a third party web site
However, I thought Rs 1099 BIS plan did allow Facebook etc application on your BB handset?

Quote:

Quickdraw and Shajufx - Could you please confirm if you guys can use FB application?

Also, if I subscribe for the Rs 299 plan, cant I use third party applications like ngpay, Bookmyshow etc?

Another question - Cant I use Vodafone Live separately (i.e. outside of BB plan) to download anything?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 10th March 2009 at 10:48.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:52   #465
Team-BHP Support

The whole point is apart from the BB fans and some corp purchases, nobody was buying the handsets anymore, other handsets like Nokia's business range along with EDGE connection started being serious competition to BB.

In India Push mail still has lots to catch up in the minds of junta, along with general recession mindset, telco's had no way but to reduce the plan costs to give BB the push.

No this is not speculation, straight from a sen exec of telco and there can be further cuts once 3G roll out happens.

Anyways all in all good deal for the consumers at the end of the day.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th March 2009 at 10:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks