Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 18:15   #586
BHPian

Mobike saab !

Get yourself a BIS package now, shop for accessories at Fommy.co.in.You cannot get good stuff within hyd without paying a premium, the fuel costs are equal to delivery costs if you need anything of quality.

I look forward to reading your emails and posts via the Bold! :-).

And when you figure out using the Wayfinder Navigator ,educate me because mine's stuck on "activation required" and beeping Airtel are clueless!.

PS : there is a desktop cradle by Amzer on fommy for about 1600. Ive just ordered it and looks a bargain compared to OEM one for 1.6k as well , but it comes without the charger. check out Desktop Cradle for Blackberry® Bold™ 9000 for Blackberry Accessories

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 30th March 2009 at 18:32.
Old 30th March 2009, 21:28   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I look forward to reading your emails and posts via the Bold! :-)
Thanks Arun. Will surely get on to the bandwagon pretty soon. I guess the first accessory that i am going to buy is the car holder. It's pretty cool and quite useful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@quickdraw @ mobike008

congrats on your berries.

Quickdraw, you will miss the Bold eventually, TRUST ME!

Mobike, have a great time with ur Bold, i have one too and have become a Crackberry addict. For problems, software etc visit CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers and it will fulfill most of your needs.
Thanks Anil. I quickly checked the crackberry site. Does it not have any freebies for downloads? Almost all software seems to be downloadable against a charge?
Old 30th March 2009, 21:35   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Anil. I quickly checked the crackberry site. Does it not have any freebies for downloads? Almost all software seems to be downloadable against a charge?
It has some free themes in the forum and yes some free software too. Unlike symbian, most BB stuff is not free unless its from someone like google.

Are you looking for anything in particular? I'd say wait for the app store to come up and then evaluate your options.
Old 30th March 2009, 22:54   #589
Team-BHP Support

Hey congratz Mobiberry do post a review of the device.
Old 30th March 2009, 23:31   #590
Senior - BHPian

@Mobike
Congrats for Bold.
So you bought from quick?

@N_crazy
Congrats for Javelin.

Have fun.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:40   #591
Senior - BHPian

So, in short Mobike and Quick are happy. Mobike got a bold and quick got another buyer ! Expecting a clean review very soon (after getting BIS please).
Old 31st March 2009, 13:00   #592
BHPian

I NEED the BB Gurus help!

Fist time i installed wayfinder navigation from airtel.getwf.com , everything worked perfectly. This was the position for about a week and then suddenly , the Wayfinder app started saying

"Your wayfinder is not activated " , "click here to purchase a subcription"

So i clicked the link and it transfers to Airtel live webpage giving the following options

1) 199 monthly
2) 70 weekly
3) 30 for 24hrs one off

clicked on the 199/month, but there is never any response . I guess the Airtel server is not able to register my subscription via the link or something in those lines.The page remains dead without any activity whilst the browser shows the connection is active.

Then i called up Airtel and explain the situation.The 2 different opinions given were

1) Sir , you dont have GPRS service on your blackberry , BIS is different and you need to activate GPRS Mobile office for 199/month.

2) Sir , just uninstall the application and do a clean install for it to work again

I'm assuming the 1st one doesnt make sense and hence tried the second , however its still sayin "no subcription" .

Wayfinder customer service say its a Service provider issue. Airtel says its Wayfinder issue.

So whats my next step ?

cheers
Old 31st March 2009, 15:22   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
@quick,

Congrats for Javelin..
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
What is the damage of having used all berries so far ?
I keep myself restricted in upgrading from Pearl just because of this losing factor. Every resale and new buy is a loss of money, unless you get them as promotional offers straight from RIM. Hope you are not doing a project on "Emergence, development and growth of berries in the world" !!
The damage done is quite a bit, but its worth it for the love of Berries, might right a book about it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@quickdraw @ mobike008

congrats on your berries.

Quickdraw, you will miss the Bold eventually, TRUST ME!
Thank you, and if I do then ill buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I guess I forgot to tell you guys -

I got a Blackberry Javelin 8900 last week too.
Woah sneaky sneaky, congrats!

Quote:
Mobike saab !

PS : there is a desktop cradle by Amzer on fommy for about 1600. Ive just ordered it and looks a bargain compared to OEM one for 1.6k as well , but it comes without the charger. check out Desktop Cradle for Blackberry® Bold™ 9000 for Blackberry Accessories
The OEM Cradle is way better in terms of build, I would reccomend a OEM cradle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
Aila, Congrats to all who got their hands on new berries. Hmm, some shifting from iPhone to BB. Will have to try a BB then.. Seems like its raining BBs!
Dont get caught in the rat race get your berry!

Quote:
I NEED the BB Gurus help!

Fist time i installed wayfinder navigation from airtel.getwf.com , everything worked perfectly. This was the position for about a week and then suddenly , the Wayfinder app started saying

"Your wayfinder is not activated " , "click here to purchase a subcription"

So i clicked the link and it transfers to Airtel live webpage giving the following options

1) 199 monthly
2) 70 weekly
3) 30 for 24hrs one off

clicked on the 199/month, but there is never any response . I guess the Airtel server is not able to register my subscription via the link or something in those lines.The page remains dead without any activity whilst the browser shows the connection is active.

Then i called up Airtel and explain the situation.The 2 different opinions given were

1) Sir , you dont have GPRS service on your blackberry , BIS is different and you need to activate GPRS Mobile office for 199/month.

2) Sir , just uninstall the application and do a clean install for it to work again

I'm assuming the 1st one doesnt make sense and hence tried the second , however its still sayin "no subcription" .

Wayfinder customer service say its a Service provider issue. Airtel says its Wayfinder issue.

So whats my next step ?

cheers
I am quite sure they have no idea what the problem is and will give you genric out of the book response.

I advice you to buy mapmyindia.com navigator online and buy the licence as its way better for India and covers a far more detailed part then any other application I've ever seen.

HEY GUYS!

I was thinking about maybe a group buy from fommy.co.in and cnn.cn is anyone interested in Pimpin their berries and getting some toys for it? We might end up saving some moolah!
Old 31st March 2009, 15:54   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I was thinking about maybe a group buy from fommy.co.in and cnn.cn is anyone interested in Pimpin their berries and getting some toys for it? We might end up saving some moolah!

One problem i see is what would the delivery option be ? All items to one destination would mean persons from elsewhere have to pay delivery again. This would negate the savings made initially.

Otherwise , I'm game!
Old 31st March 2009, 16:06   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got a Blackberry Javelin 8900 last week too.
And it looks quite gorgeous!
Old 31st March 2009, 17:17   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Woah sneaky sneaky, congrats!
Sneaky ? LOL ! Thank you thank you. Am loving it !!
Old 31st March 2009, 17:35   #597
Senior - BHPian

NC post some review man
Old 31st March 2009, 18:50   #598
Senior - BHPian

a friend of plans on buying the Javelin in the US.he wants to know if it can be unlocked.

rev
Old 31st March 2009, 19:05   #599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sneaky ? LOL ! Thank you thank you. Am loving it !!
Traitor! Whats with this mobile frenzy, Sun iPhone 3G, Monday BB?

Anyways congratz and enjoy the berry.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:48   #600
Senior - BHPian

So we have a clean review of BOLD and Javelin expected here ! Dont they both look alike ? If you put them together, they look like brothers. I have not gone through the detailed feature list. Let us hear from the new users on what they like best. So far not heard on STORM. Anyone here ?

Most Viewed