Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 12:20   #466
Senior - BHPian

Finally
I have send sms to activate BB Prosumer Lite @299PM.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:16   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Quickdraw and Shajufx - Could you please confirm if you guys can use FB application?
I use BB unlimited plan (899/-) and Facebook works perfectly fine on my handset. I checked the comparison of Prosumer Lite 299 plan and the usual BB unlimited plan. If I switch to Prosumer Lite I wont be having any options to access BB Browser, Google Maps etc. at the same time doubtful about the 3rd party stuff that are running perfectly now. So, I am curious to hear from someone who has subcribed to the Prosumer Lite.

I was travelling to and within Kerala since last 4 days. Google Map sucks bigtime in most of the places. I never faced any issues even in the forest areas of Coorg (karnataka), but Kerala network was a disappointment. Here is a screen shot of what I used to get while I was at Trichur, on the way to Kottayam and even at Kayamkulam ! Dont be surprised, it shows I was in Germany !!
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-map.jpg
Old 11th March 2009, 21:34   #468
Senior - BHPian

Here comes trouble from Vodafone !!

Its only 8 days I am on Vodafone Blackberry Unlimited plan and here are the list of things that went wrong !

1. BB unlimited was activated by SMS on 3rd March 2009 = ACT BBEP and it was active within 4 hours, thats the start of my troubles !
2. As my number is very new with vodafone, my credit limit by default is only Rs.500/-
3. I get a call from vodafone billing on 9th March that I have exceeded my credit limit and I have to make an urgent payment of Rs.1500/- to avoid trouble (I was travelling in Kerala). Payment made by my wife within 1 hour. I thought the issue is solved, but it was just the tip of the iceberg !
4. Again on 11th, thats today, I get my outgoing barred just like that, no intimation, no warning, nothing ! The only number I can access is 111. I spoke to 3 idiots and lost my brain completely.
5. I was asked to pay another Rs.1000 immediately to get it activated again. I made instant payment. Now its almost 4 hours and no outgoing possible.
6. Again another attempt calling 111. This time I lost my temper completely. The lady in support had no clue what to speak. Even after all these payments (Rs.2500/- in 2 days !), she said my outstanding is Rs.1700/- and I have to pay again. What the hell ????

She said, outstanding amount doesnt include tariff plan rent nor Blackberry rent. So, where the hell this Rs.1700 outstanding comes to picture while I was in the train and bus almost 2 days in a row and hardly made any calls above Rs.500 ? Here comes the culprit !! Vodafone is charging me for every KB used in the BB plan, although my plan is unlimited. Which clearly means, I will be paying atleast Rs.1500 every alternate days until 5th April (my bill date) !!!

Anybody could suggest some solutions to this issue ? I cant even call Blackberry support toll free number, because the only outgoing is to the useless 111. I have no idea how to cancel this BB now. Someone in the support said, I need to visit the outlets. Imagine if I am on an overseas trip for the month ???
Old 11th March 2009, 21:54   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
@Quickdraw,

Which plan did you activated?

Today i called up vodafone Corporate executive and got information that they have three plans from the starting.

1) 499 (500mb free)
2) 699 (1gb free)
3) 899 (unlimited)

He suggested me to get an annual unlimited plan for 6999/-

So i am confused now how many plans does vodafone offers?
I have no idea that these plans exist, maybe they are offered just to corporate customers. Can you please elobrate more on this just try and find out the plan names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
See this page for a comparison of BIS Prosumer Lite 299 vs BIS 1099
Blackberry lite

It says these following features are disabled in Rs 299 plan
  1. Access to social networking applications built by RIM (i.e. Flickr, Facebook, MySpace)
  2. BIS Browser

Quickdraw and Shajufx - Could you please confirm if you guys can use FB application?

Also, if I subscribe for the Rs 299 plan, cant I use third party applications like ngpay, Bookmyshow etc?

Another question - Cant I use Vodafone Live separately (i.e. outside of BB plan) to download anything?
In the 299 plan nothing except the Push email and Messenger is usable. But its not active on my number yet so I dont know whats going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

No this is not speculation, straight from a sen exec of telco and there can be further cuts once 3G roll out happens.

Anyways all in all good deal for the consumers at the end of the day.
Well atleast recession did good for something atlast!. I really wish 3G services are rolled out soon and the charges for data apps fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I use BB unlimited plan (899/-) and Facebook works perfectly fine on my handset. I checked the comparison of Prosumer Lite 299 plan and the usual BB unlimited plan. If I switch to Prosumer Lite I wont be having any options to access BB Browser, Google Maps etc. at the same time doubtful about the 3rd party stuff that are running perfectly now. So, I am curious to hear from someone who has subcribed to the Prosumer Lite.

I was travelling to and within Kerala since last 4 days. Google Map sucks bigtime in most of the places. I never faced any issues even in the forest areas of Coorg (karnataka), but Kerala network was a disappointment. Here is a screen shot of what I used to get while I was at Trichur, on the way to Kottayam and even at Kayamkulam ! Dont be surprised, it shows I was in Germany !!
Attachment 110471
This must be some problem with your handset, it always worked fine for me. Which handset do you use?

Quote:
Its only 8 days I am on Vodafone Blackberry Unlimited plan and here are the list of things that went wrong !

1. BB unlimited was activated by SMS on 3rd March 2009 = ACT BBEP and it was active within 4 hours, thats the start of my troubles !
2. As my number is very new with vodafone, my credit limit by default is only Rs.500/-
3. I get a call from vodafone billing on 9th March that I have exceeded my credit limit and I have to make an urgent payment of Rs.1500/- to avoid trouble (I was travelling in Kerala). Payment made by my wife within 1 hour. I thought the issue is solved, but it was just the tip of the iceberg !
4. Again on 11th, thats today, I get my outgoing barred just like that, no intimation, no warning, nothing ! The only number I can access is 111. I spoke to 3 idiots and lost my brain completely.
5. I was asked to pay another Rs.1000 immediately to get it activated again. I made instant payment. Now its almost 4 hours and no outgoing possible.
6. Again another attempt calling 111. This time I lost my temper completely. The lady in support had no clue what to speak. Even after all these payments (Rs.2500/- in 2 days !), she said my outstanding is Rs.1700/- and I have to pay again. What the hell ????

She said, outstanding amount doesnt include tariff plan rent nor Blackberry rent. So, where the hell this Rs.1700 outstanding comes to picture while I was in the train and bus almost 2 days in a row and hardly made any calls above Rs.500 ? Here comes the culprit !! Vodafone is charging me for every KB used in the BB plan, although my plan is unlimited. Which clearly means, I will be paying atleast Rs.1500 every alternate days until 5th April (my bill date) !!!

Anybody could suggest some solutions to this issue ? I cant even call Blackberry support toll free number, because the only outgoing is to the useless 111. I have no idea how to cancel this BB now. Someone in the support said, I need to visit the outlets. Imagine if I am on an overseas trip for the month ???
Shaju I had posted time and again about this if you look at my earlier posts. Its not Voda's fault its their billing system they bill you for the usage and at the end of the month all of that is discounted as unlimited check my posts. Tell customer care about it. That you have BIS active and thats causing the problems.
Old 11th March 2009, 22:28   #470
Senior - BHPian

I have called up 111 almost 5 times in last 2 hours (thats the only number my phone allows now). Billing issue is clarified many times, but none of them have any clue about how to solve this. I told them about the unlimited BIS, but other than asking me to call 55666, they have nothing more to tell. My 5th march generated bill is reflecting the per KB usage and it comes in the total amount, there is no waiver on that too. Means its continuing in the system and causing all the issues.

None of them want to suggest a solution, but just blaming, "this is the procedure and you have to pay" !! And trust me its a big pain on the wrong side to call up 111. Each time I have to tell my number, full name, date of birth, email ID, mother's name, neighbours' names, kid's susu time and wife's delivery time. Its really really getting to my nerves !
Old 12th March 2009, 03:51   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have called up 111 almost 5 times in last 2 hours (thats the only number my phone allows now). Billing issue is clarified many times, but none of them have any clue about how to solve this. I told them about the unlimited BIS, but other than asking me to call 55666, they have nothing more to tell. My 5th march generated bill is reflecting the per KB usage and it comes in the total amount, there is no waiver on that too. Means its continuing in the system and causing all the issues.

None of them want to suggest a solution, but just blaming, "this is the procedure and you have to pay" !! And trust me its a big pain on the wrong side to call up 111. Each time I have to tell my number, full name, date of birth, email ID, mother's name, neighbours' names, kid's susu time and wife's delivery time. Its really really getting to my nerves !
Its just happening because your connection is new, didnt I discuss this before those guys are stupid. I would advice you to fire off a email at your area's nodal officer immediately the list must be there on the website. I had similar issues and the person sorted it out in 1 day. Now my credit limit is over 10k so never have those issues. Just pay whatever they ask it will be waved off dont worry.
Old 12th March 2009, 09:32   #472
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy. I dont feel like emailing anyone, but go there directly and chop them all OFF ! This is the most irritating thing that can happen to anyone. I thank God and all my stars that I am back to bangalore, imagine this happen while travelling. I cant even make any urgent calls since 14 hours now, they say it will be solved in 24 hours !! Means I will continue getting barred and pay again same routine until next bill date. I am not feeling miserable because I have 3 back up numbers, but never carry those while travelling.

Another shocking but interesting thing in the situation, my surrendered Airtel connection is in the 'active' stage right now. It was totally surrendered and cancelled mid of January 2009. I dialled my old airtel number from the landline and it was giving message "the number you have tried is switched off". Immediately I put the SIM into my handset and checked, its working !! Anyway I am not planning to continue that 'troubled days' but made around 15 ISD calls, which offcourse I am not planning to pay ! May be Airtel is giving me a chance to compensate myself for all those troubles they gave me ! I have no clue how it got activated again, no request placed from my side.
Old 12th March 2009, 10:05   #473
BHPian

@shajufx,
This looks like a limitation of Vodafone's Billing system (Wherein they charge you for your blackberry usage and then discount the entire charges at the time of Bill generation). Since your connection is new, your credit limit is 500 (This is what all operators in India give as a credit limit to all new customers to prevent their monetary exposure). The only solution to this is to get the credit limit increased.
To increase the credit limit, one way is to pay Refundable Deposit and get it increased. Alternatively for customers with good credit limit & good payment history of previos operator(In your case Airtel's bills to substanciate evidence), Most operators would be happy to increase/match the previous operators credit limit.
Old 12th March 2009, 13:46   #474
Senior - BHPian

My credit limit with Airtel was Rs.6000 although my total monthly bill would never cross Rs.2000 by any chance ! Just because most of my communication is done over messengers and emails. My incoming call ratio is high and outgoing is very limited. Anyway I have spoken to the authorised service centre manager who issued the number to me, he promised things will be sorted out to my benefit by the end of the day. Hoping for the best.
Old 13th March 2009, 13:26   #475
Team-BHP Support

To irritate shaju just installed opera and logicmail to another 8800 and its working off MO connection.

Desktop manager wouldnt allow logicmail (doesnt even detect it) as long as the machine was online, new funda's from RIM i guess. Went offline and update happened in a jiffy.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:04   #476
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, good trying ! Anyway I might list my name in the 'Most irritated and unhappy customer" of Airtel and Vodafone service both voice as well as Blackberry.

I moved from airtel to vodafone with lots of hopes and plans, now even vodafone let me down in a big way and I dont know if there is any point trying anyone else. My BB plan with vodafone is officially cancelled.

Very frankly comparing, my experience with airtel for over 2 years was happier and less troublesome. It took almost 2 years for me to get unhappy with airtel and its value added services. For vodafone, they were able to make me unhappy just within the first 45 days !! More updates to follow soon ! Vodafone's "Happy to help you" sounds very funny to me in all its senses !

Last edited by shajufx : 13th March 2009 at 15:07.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:29   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Very frankly comparing, my experience with airtel for over 2 years was happier and less troublesome. It took almost 2 years for me to get unhappy with airtel and its value added services. For vodafone, they were able to make me unhappy just within the first 45 days !! ...
Shaju: A great wise man once said - "The grass is always green on the other side".

Old 13th March 2009, 15:32   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu, good trying ! Anyway I might list my name in the 'Most irritated and unhappy customer" of Airtel and Vodafone service both voice as well as Blackberry.

I moved from airtel to vodafone with lots of hopes and plans, now even vodafone let me down in a big way and I dont know if there is any point trying anyone else. My BB plan with vodafone is officially cancelled.

Very frankly comparing, my experience with airtel for over 2 years was happier and less troublesome. It took almost 2 years for me to get unhappy with airtel and its value added services. For vodafone, they were able to make me unhappy just within the first 45 days !! More updates to follow soon ! Vodafone's "Happy to help you" sounds very funny to me in all its senses !
Maybe its just you and high hopes, the problems you are facing were told to you before. You know how the customer care is clueless on every provider. So you should have played street-smart instead of playing the blame game.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:18   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
So you should have played street-smart instead of playing the blame game.
I dont blame anyone buddy, there is no point blaming these bunch of idiots who happen to be in the supports. Certain things are beyond anyone's control. For airtel and vodafone support, nothing is of their control nor of knowledge. I post these things just to inform the public, specially the new comers who are wishing to get into value added services.

I forgot to mention the actual problem in the previous post. I had changed from my 375 india plan to lifetime. Support claims that BB unlimited will be billed on a per KB basis daily (in a lifetime tariff plan) and will be adjusted the bill generation day. So, even a credit limit of Rs.10000 will not help a customer who has similar plan. If you want to increase it, you have to deposit Rs.10000 or more to avoid barring calls. So, I prefered to stay out of BB service for the time being. How many of you will deposit Rs.10000 for using BB and voice services on your phone ? No blame games.

Last edited by shajufx : 13th March 2009 at 17:20.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:22   #480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How many of you will deposit Rs.10000 for using BB and voice services on your phone ? No blame games.
No blame games but i wouldnt pay even a single paisa if i already am subscribed to a BB plan.

Shaju for the time being, get a regular EDGE connection and install the apps for email and browser and be with it. If you need help ping me, ill guide you with whatever i know on this.

Most Viewed