Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 17:42   #496
Senior - BHPian

Oh the plan got activated today, apparently they have a team that does the callback for confirmation and I had never picked up their call when they called to confirm hence the delay. Its up and working gotta configure everything now and try and hack it aswell
Old 17th March 2009, 22:53   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Thinking of ditching the BOLD and getting a Javelin.
Get it man..
Its very light compare to Nokia E71 and battery life is also very good.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:52   #498
Team-BHP Support

BSNL is entering into BB service soon, good news wrt tarrifs me guess. Read it in the papers today.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:04   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
BSNL is entering into BB service soon, good news wrt tarrifs me guess. Read it in the papers today.
Users are not happy with Airtel and Vodafone's service of BB. How it will of BSNL?
Old 19th March 2009, 11:32   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Users are not happy with Airtel and Vodafone's service of BB. How it will of BSNL?
Maybe we should get BSNL's favorite customer to check it out - SAM.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:54   #501
Senior - BHPian

If BSNL recognizes the drawbacks of airtel and vodafone, the choice of plans and tariffs are offered wisely, you bet, it would be a great hit. Every tom, dick, harry and his mother will have a BB handset with service ! So here comes the Indian blackberry revolution !! Anyone wants to exchange an i-phone with a Pearl ?

Last edited by shajufx : 19th March 2009 at 12:55.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:01   #502
BHPian

Gurus,

Im unable to activate my Wayfinder subscription from my phone.It just keeps saying Network authentication error.

However , BB services are active - Internet and mails are working perfectly.I called up airtel and they say GPRS is not activated.Is this logical when all else works ?
Old 19th March 2009, 13:09   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good news except for Mumbai and Delhi customers (which I believe would constitute a major chunk!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If BSNL recognizes the drawbacks of airtel and vodafone, the choice of plans and tariffs are offered wisely, you bet, it would be a great hit. Every tom, dick, harry and his mother will have a BB handset with service ! So here comes the Indian blackberry revolution !! Anyone wants to exchange an i-phone with a Pearl ?
Contact Normally_crazy for the exchange
Old 19th March 2009, 14:54   #504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope for exchange of iPhone as well as for BSNL bringing in BB revolution

Only good thing i can expect out of BSNL's entry will be cheaper plans and maybe, make it mayeeeeebeeeeeeee, some cheaper model handsets (albeit old ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Gurus,

Im unable to activate my Wayfinder subscription from my phone.It just keeps saying Network authentication error.

However , BB services are active - Internet and mails are working perfectly.I called up airtel and they say GPRS is not activated.Is this logical when all else works ?
welcome to the quirky world of BB in India, check Shaju's dilemma of running third party trading app. Assuming wayfinder is a 3rd part app on BB, you are facing the same ol issue..

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th March 2009 at 14:56.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:43   #505
Senior - BHPian

So Airtel quietly and secretly reduces the plan charges for the Prosumer Lite plan - to match Rs 299 by Vodafone!

Just got this mail from Airtel..
Attached Files
File Type: doc FAQ BB Personal Mail Plan.doc (35.5 KB, 1426 views)
Old 19th March 2009, 15:47   #506
Senior - BHPian

Many people claim to run 3rd party software on BB handsets, but I have never been successful in running even Opera Mini ! Not even mentioning the trading platform, price charts and many financial tools !
Old 19th March 2009, 20:02   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Many people claim to run 3rd party software on BB handsets, but I have never been successful in running even Opera Mini ! Not even mentioning the trading platform, price charts and many financial tools !
I use Opera Mini, Bolt, Slacker radio, iSkoot for Skype and the usual google and GPS software (again third party) on my Bold.

I don't see why you should face any issues.
Old 19th March 2009, 22:26   #508
Senior - BHPian

Are you using them on airtel or vodafone ? My issues were faced with both networks. I had installed many useful 3rd party stuff, but when tried to activate, it used to give an error message like "fantom error" something, I dont remember the exact line. So, literally none of the 3rd party stuff went through !
Old 19th March 2009, 23:23   #509
BHPian

Shaju I know its a long shot but have you tried upgrading the OS for your blackberry?

Look for the device here and see if you can find something more recent than what your BB came with:
OS Beta Discussion! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

If everyone else using airtel/vodafone is fine, there could be some issue at your end too.

Try searching for the exact error message you get to see if there's some more info available on the internet.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:41   #510
Senior - BHPian

And as mentioned earlier BSNL Launches Blackberry.

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-bsnlbb.png

Most Viewed