Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 15:46   #2746
BHPian

Help Help!!

I've a Cingular locked Blackberry 7290 from US. Could anyone help me with a place to get it unlocked in Bangalore?

Some say that there are plenty around S.P Road. Anybody around who have done it from there?

I'm really stuck here. Help needed very badly!
Old 21st October 2010, 17:55   #2747
BHPian

do what you love, love what you do

Got a BB curve 3g for 18600. Got a local made bluetooth free + 1000rs cashback which will come as a voucher from the bank. I can redeem that voucher in croma.

Thanks to Nishant for sorting out my initial hiccups regarding BB.

Its fast, can multitask, shoots decent pic during day,e-mail/sms viewing/sending is crystal clear,clock bedside mode is great,trackpad is like a breeze, websites can be viewed clearly,call quality is clear, what else...o yeah, m loving it

Cheers

Last edited by DerAlte : 22nd October 2010 at 10:16. Reason: Offending part edited out!
Old 21st October 2010, 21:01   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Got a BB curve 3g for 18600. Got a local made bluetooth free + 1000rs cashback which will come as a voucher from the bank. I can redeem that voucher in croma.

Thanks to Nishant for sorting out my initial hiccups regarding BB.

Its fast, can multitask, shoots decent pic during day,e-mail/sms viewing/sending is crystal clear,clock bedside mode is great,trackpad is like a breeze, websites can be viewed clearly,call quality is clear, what else...o yeah, m loving it

Cheers
I did what I could in my humble capacity mate!
Good to see you are enjoying the phone!

Last edited by DerAlte : 22nd October 2010 at 10:17. Reason: Post editing due to previous post contents being edited
Old 21st October 2010, 21:12   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
I've a Cingular locked Blackberry 7290 from US. Could anyone help me with a place to get it unlocked in Bangalore?

Some say that there are plenty around S.P Road. Anybody around who have done it from there?

I'm really stuck here. Help needed very badly!
I know a place in national market -Bangalore where this can be done. It is on the ground floor left lane of that building.
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:09   #2750
BANNED

Incidentally, according to the box Apple iPhones have overtaken BB in sales volumes. So much for us button lovers! We may be headed the way dinosaurs were.
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:34   #2751
Senior - BHPian

GOt a blackberry torch the day before yesterday and its simply awesome.
Was the first torch customer in chennai to get the official one brought in my redington. But i do feel the touchscreen is a bit too sensitive and setting up the blackberry with the prepaid 399 plan is becoming very hard.

I have done entering the imei number and the pin number and then it says im an existing customer.
What should i do ? I have never before used a blackberry .

Last edited by arjunrudra : 22nd October 2010 at 09:36.
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:39   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Was the first torch customer in chennai to get the official one brought in my redington. But i do feel the touchscreen is a bit too sensitive and setting up the blackberry with the prepaid 399 plan is becoming very hard.

I have done entering the imei number and the pin number and then it says im an existing customer.
What service provider and which city are you in? Your nearest store will not be very helpful as the entire BB backend team is seperate from the store and the service provider team. So calling your BB service system will help. They will provision and preset by unlocking that problem from their end. They will follow it up with giving you a fresh access. I'm guessing yours is not a brand new phone. Else the pin and imei wouldn't be registered
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:18   #2753
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on the Torch. I saw it too but the downer for me was the battery. Its 1300mH Li-ion whereas my Bold 2 (9700) has a 1500mH and i already complain that my battery does not even last the whole day. Hear they've reduced it because the Torch was already getting heavier & have opted for the Slim battery. I will wait before upgrading, maybe wait for a future model. Also, if you've been spoiled by the iPhone/iPod Touch experience, the Touchscreen's on BB's just don't cut the ice.

Do post your experiences with your phone though. Enjoy!
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:01   #2754
Distinguished - BHPian

How much is the Torch in Mumbai grey market? I'm getting one from London for 26,500Rs, good price?
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:11   #2755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much is the Torch in Mumbai grey market? I'm getting one from London for 26,500Rs, good price?
I think thats a good price. Over here the grey market is still a little more than that. 29-30 last I checked.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:47   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I did what I could in my humble capacity mate!
Good to see you are enjoying the phone!
Update: I am hearing a slight static like a chee sound during a call. Its very faint.
Any advice ?
(Posted via bb)
Old 23rd October 2010, 09:36   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Congratulations on the Torch. I saw it too but the downer for me was the battery. Its 1300mH Li-ion whereas my Bold 2 (9700) has a 1500mH and i already complain that my battery does not even last the whole day. Hear they've reduced it because the Torch was already getting heavier & have opted for the Slim battery. I will wait before upgrading, maybe wait for a future model. Also, if you've been spoiled by the iPhone/iPod Touch experience, the Touchscreen's on BB's just don't cut the ice.

Do post your experiences with your phone though. Enjoy!
Yes the battery lasts just a day with browsing and stuff.and touch screen i feel is actually pretty darn good.
Even the apple users like the touch screen a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
What service provider and which city are you in? Your nearest store will not be very helpful as the entire BB backend team is seperate from the store and the service provider team. So calling your BB service system will help. They will provision and preset by unlocking that problem from their end. They will follow it up with giving you a fresh access. I'm guessing yours is not a brand new phone. Else the pin and imei wouldn't be registered
Im using vodafone from chennai.
The problem was i had lost my prev phone and had to recover my soon and when i did that , vodafone had forgot to update it in the 2nd server(thats what they said) so the registering of the blackberry didnt happen.
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:56   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Im using vodafone from chennai.
The problem was i had lost my prev phone and had to recover my soon and when i did that , vodafone had forgot to update it in the 2nd server(thats what they said) so the registering of the blackberry didnt happen.
Glad to see you are back in action then. Whatever the reason! Good upgrade and hope you don't lose another BB.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:39   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
I use a BB 8520. Today I've installed the Google Maps on the device.
Also I have a Bluetooth GPS Reciver from satguide
Buy Bluetooth Gps Receiver At Best Price From Satguide

I have successfully paired the GPS with the BB and when I go to OPTIONS ---> ADVANCE OPTIONS ---> GPS I can see the Longitude & Latitude of my current location.
It shows the number of Satellites as 7 and Accuracy of 1.2m

Now when I start google maps, the maps still do not show me my current location, but show the location of the nearest cell tower with an accuracy of 1500m.

Does anyone know how to get this work.

Further when I use the inbuilt BB Maps application it show the GPS accuracy as 1.3m but as BB doesn't offer maps for India, its pretty useless.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:57   #2760
BHPian

@harjeev - try reinstalling google maps while the GPS is paired. It might work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks