Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 17:38   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras

Quote:
A6000 is one of the best cameras in the mirrorless world, you won't regret it. The lens options are bit limited, but available for a steep price.
On the other hand, it opens up option to use a whole range of lenses all the way from 1900's

On the mirrorless front the best lens system in terms of quality is from the Fuji. Their lenses are so optimized for their sensors and the kit lens is one of the best ever produced. The newer firmwares have increased AF speed(But nothing compared to a6000) and that 16mp sensor is exceptionally good till iso3600 where we shoot around 10% of our images.

To me if AF is priority - Sony a6000
Lens options priority - High quality i meant - Fuji
Compromise on both - The Olympus
Video - The GH4
Lots of manual lenses and no real AF requirement - Spend a little more and get the A7 series.

And weight i will only say Fuji system is the lightest in my experience.

Now the biggest question is the time you have to spend on the system working on RAW files. If you have that time you can take the Sony route.

Sony JPEG's are the worst of all the lot. Their in camera RAW to JPEG is very badly implemented.

Fuji and Olympus have cracked this part. I never shoot raw in Fuji or Olympus. They do exceptionally wonderful job with their JPEG's

In reality, Fuji and Olympus are like shoot and upload and saves a whole lot of time.
Old 13th April 2015, 23:48   #1562
Team-BHP Support

Samsung nx1 gets 87% on dpreview. I don't think anybody has gotten such a high score in the last few years!
Old 14th April 2015, 07:36   #1563
Team-BHP Support

Yawn... it is a dSLR sized camera without mirror. Completely destroys the reason why people switch to mirrorless.
Old 14th April 2015, 18:58   #1564
Senior - BHPian

And i wouldnt go by Dpreview. They appear to be driven by a bias based on who advertises more on their page. I rather look at sites where actual users are posting their feedback.

Still dont see a scientific way to score on a scale of 1-10. its more like the testers perceived score.

For example. the score should be zero for size because its as big as a Rebel series and when you compare to rebel series the camera scores so low as Rebel does way better job with AF, lens options and even overall speed of the camera.

When the NX1 is pitted against A6000 it will loose all grounds because A6000 is actual mirrorless for its size.

I went after mirrorless for size and ease to carry. Everytime i travel its just the Fuji and 18-55. I still get stunning images with this combo.

Now with A7II, i am just saving to add those small M Mount lenses and make the kit the best yet the smallest. The world of mirrorless for i cant imagining affording a leica camera(And they arent super great compared to the sony sensors in pure sensor performance)
Old 17th April 2015, 17:49   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Samsung nx1 gets 87% on dpreview. I don't think anybody has gotten such a high score in the last few years!
D750 got 90%

Re: Dpreview scores - that is just one data point, doesn't mean much. I give a lot more credence to field tests from top pros - whose images I like, whose opinions I respect - in my preferred genres.
Old 20th April 2015, 08:40   #1566
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I am looking to sell my m43 gear i.e. the Olympus OMD EM1 with an Olympus battery grip and the m Zuiko 12-40 2.8 Pro lens. If anybody is interested let me know by PM and I'll send you the details.

Mods: Signed up for a login on the Classifieds section yesterday but the activation email has not been received. Yes, the Junk mail folder was also checked. You may want to check the System. Once activated I can add a detailed post.
Old 22nd April 2015, 16:19   #1567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Guys, I am looking to sell my m43 gear i.e. the Olympus OMD EM1 with an Olympus battery grip and the m Zuiko 12-40 2.8 Pro lens.
Guys, the Olympus camera kit has been sold offline. Thanks very much.
Old 12th May 2015, 20:43   #1568
Team-BHP Support

Olympus releases two more PRO quality lenses.

M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 7-14mm F2.8 PRO (35mm equivalent focal length: 14-28mm)
M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO (35mm equivalent focal length: 16mm)
Old 13th May 2015, 00:03   #1569
Senior - BHPian

F1.8 fisheye...

Thats the best lens to carry into caves with that camera. Terrific speed for such a wide angle . Tests your creativity.

Being fish eye does not help with subject isolation but what it provides is an option to shoot hand held landscapes at dusk and dawn and be happy about it.
Old 13th May 2015, 09:17   #1570
Distinguished - BHPian

Oly have also introduced an EM5-II Titanium along with these 2 lenses. Must be a beauty. But there's no date on general availability for this product.

http://petapixel.com/2015/05/12/olym...d-7-14mm-f2-8/
Old 13th May 2015, 10:01   #1571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oly have also introduced an EM5-II Titanium along with these 2 lenses.
Yeah, I saw that too. But I didn't bother posting since it is a limited edition scam, just dressing up an existing model with some accessories.
Old 13th May 2015, 10:41   #1572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yeah, I saw that too. But I didn't bother posting since it is a limited edition scam, just dressing up an existing model with some accessories.
Of course it's only a pimped up version of the camera. No big deal actually. You aren't missing anything per se.

They introduced a silver version of the EM1 in or around Sept 14. Makes me feel they're running out of new ideas and sensors to put in their cameras. I'd have liked a titanium EM5 II body or even an EM1 Titanium. But too late...have moved on from m43 and sticking with my Fuji XE1 for a small mirrorless solution.
Old 17th May 2015, 09:26   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course it's only a pimped up version of the camera. No big deal actually. You aren't missing anything per se.

They introduced a silver version of the EM1 in or around Sept 14. Makes me feel they're running out of new ideas and sensors to put in their cameras. I'd have liked a titanium EM5 II body or even an EM1 Titanium. But too late...have moved on from m43 and sticking with my Fuji XE1 for a small mirrorless solution.
I guess this is HD from other forums where I know you from. Good that you are finally sticking to a single mirror less solution and FF Nikons. I for one am totally committed to the m43 format which IMHO is really great for travel photography and now with 2 UWAs in my kit I am could not ask for a better travel system along with some nice primes like 14 25 and 45mm.
Old 17th May 2015, 09:46   #1574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I guess this is HD from other forums where I know you from. Good that you are finally sticking to a single mirror less solution and FF Nikons.
Yep Mayur, that's me

I think we've chatted about my retaining a single MLC solution before you went to EU late last year.

Quote:
I for one am totally committed to the m43 format which IMHO is really great for travel photography and now with 2 UWAs in my kit I am could not ask for a better travel system along with some nice primes like 14 25 and 45mm.
That's the only reason I keep MLCs. Neat small kit that can be lugged around anywhere, with or without the FFs. The XE1 is really small and with only 3 lenses including the kit lens, I can make space for all in the FF bag or choose to carry it in the Kata which was earlier used for the Oly.

I may go in for the Fuji XT1's successor in the future.
Old 17th May 2015, 13:23   #1575
Senior - BHPian

My friend was using a Sony A6000 during a recent wildlife roadtrip. Lots of leopard sightings

Such a nice and compact kit for ~300mm reach.

As long as one works around the AF limitations in difficult conditions (bad light, intervening branches and twigs, movement). And caters for the relatively weak battery (number of shots).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks