Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2015, 17:59   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras

Is this made in Japan? I remember searching everywhere for a Japan Made Canon Mirrorless. Finally got it in Singapore :-)

This was two years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hopefully I am the first OMD E-M5 MkII owner on this thread....

Placed on a CD to give an idea of the size.

Attachment 1347512

Finally, fixed my color match problem. Now the 45mm will match the body.

Attachment 1347513

Attachment 1347514
Old 22nd March 2015, 18:33   #1547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
More than the silence, its the mechanical shutter wearout which worries me.
Yes, I know. When I said totally silent, I was confirming it was electronic shutter, and not mechanical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Is this made in Japan? I remember searching everywhere for a Japan Made Canon Mirrorless. Finally got it in Singapore :-)
Mine is made in Vietnam, bought in Japan, used in India.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:43   #1548
BHPian

I am upgrading from a D50 DSLR and want a mirrorless that I can comfortably carry around.

Can somebody suggest a small/lightweight mirrorless? Preferably something with an APS-C sensor although I am willing to look at four-thirds too if the image quality is par with the APS ones.

I am planning to buy in the next 3-4 months, so can consider upcoming cameras too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:53   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a look at the various Olympus OMD EM serie. Mine is an M5. Certainly a lot lighter then any DSLR and still excellent performance and some outstanding lenses to go with it
Old 1st April 2015, 13:27   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

sorry, just posted to quickly. Just to add

Its light, dust and splashproof. I carry a very light carbon fibre tripod, a few filters, extra batteries and a few other small bits. All with fit easily in a relatively small shoulder or back pack.

So it is ideal for me, as most of my photography tends to be around travel and or trips we take.

Most of the pics on my website are shot with this camera http://www.india.jeroendorrestein.co...a/Welcome.html

Very versatile. I have the 12-50mm zoon and recently added the 40-150mm Pro (2.8) which is really outstanding. I'll probably replace the 12-50 with the 12-40mm Pro as well.

There is a dedicated Olypmys OMD group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/482933475079982/

Very interesting to follow and you get to see some great photography and good indepth discussion on these cameraas. More and more professional are moving towards the 4/3 format and a lot of them will go with Olympus. On the downside, Olympus, I find, doesnt really have a presence in India.

Good luck

Jeroen
Old 1st April 2015, 13:47   #1551
Team-BHP Support

If the Sony A7000 does not have the full electronic shutter capability, I will get the EM-5 Mark II
I think India price is 73000 or something, which is same as USA price, correct?
Old 1st April 2015, 18:44   #1552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If the Sony A7000 does not have the full electronic shutter capability, I will get the EM-5 Mark II
I think India price is 73000 or something, which is same as USA price, correct?

mark II body retails for around USD 1100 on US websites (E.g. B&H)
So thats about right.
Jeroen
Old 1st April 2015, 20:31   #1553
Senior - BHPian

I just picked up a A7II to just test it. I will post some feedback on this. I already used A7r before selling it for a canon 0.95 Now the A7II is getting home tonight for few weeks of testing.

I still heavily rely on my 4MP hardly 10K canon 1d Camera

I just wish one of the camera makes can help with creating a customized sensor, i will go for a 8MP CCD sensor with decent images at ISO 6400.

Love the CCD sensors over CMOS.
Old 2nd April 2015, 01:32   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I just picked up a A7II to just test it. I will post some feedback on this. I already used A7r before selling it for a canon 0.95 Now the A7II is getting home tonight for few weeks of testing.
Would love to hear more about your testing experience with the A7MK2. I would love to know more about the AF capabilities of this camera under different lighting situations. Please post your thoughts!
Old 2nd April 2015, 01:46   #1555
BHPian

Just to add, after getting tired of the bulk of a full frame Sony, I finally settled on a Fujifilm X-E1 around a year ago as my go-anywhere camera
In the interim, I fiddled with many small form factor camera , settled temporarily on the RX-100 (which tends to overexpose badly and loses detail even on manual under exposing)
Glad to state that the X-E1 mostly equals and in cases outperforms the full frame in low light conditions (My typical shooting use-case)
IN regular light, the Sony blows the Fujifilm out of the water but for the fractional price and size of the X-E1 (superseded by X-E2), its quite a brilliant piece of tech wizardry
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:49   #1556
Senior - BHPian

If you get a chance upgrade to X-E2. Its a definitely far more refined than the X-E1. With respect to Fuji, they have mastered that sensor, sticking to that small sensor meant they had to invest time and money on lenses. WHich is exactly what they did. Their lenses are not like jokes these canon and nikon offer as kit. The 18-55 is the best lens as good as any primes. They are fast F2-F4 lenses that are small and light which makes it stunning.

Secondly their service is top notch. A full frame from Fuji is good but i would rather stick to the current format, may be make a 24 MP sensor and continue to extract max out their wonderful lens lineups.

A7II is good. Does what its suppose to do. Unfortunately i dont use any of the stock Sony lenses. I use manual lenses and have accepted AF is just add on

But so far can say the AF is faster than A7R for the same lenses i am using now. I mean the canon lenses with metabones adapter. For example the 85 F1.2 is faster but there is no way its locking as good as any canon cameras. The one native lens i will get is the 28mm from Sony.

Here is a picture of the IBIS actually working.
Attached Thumbnails
Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras-1.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2015, 19:33   #1557
BHPian

How is the AF under low light conditions? After watching several video reviews of the A7Mk2, I'm not that convinced about it's AF capabilities even under good lighting conditions. It might be that I have to stick to my NEX-6 for some more time until Sony releases the A9!
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:51   #1558
Senior - BHPian

@Joe,

I will never get to test the AF capabilities of this camera for i dont have any Sony lenses. I got this mainly to use some niche lenses and some leica ones.

I have moved to manual shooting for the last two years and have never worried about AF. In fact i got this to test the IBIS and have not even decided to keep it. Good thing about being in the states is the way you can rotate your equipment.

I have tested this camera in stores with 28-70 lens and can assure the AF is actually a surprise element. I never thought it would be fast but it just nails focus in good time.

Having said that i got my friends the A6000 and the AF in that camera can give even the high end ones a run for its money. My friends love the a6000 simply for its AF.

If you are after mirrorless and AF a6000 is a better option than A7II.

My reason for A7II was to simply mount manual lenses and add a layer of IBIS.

The AF lenses that i have are JUST HUGE. I want to save and move towards the Leica lens route where the lenses are just small but substantially better wrt output.

Few things i notice:-

Body looks and feels better.
Grip is now better for i have big hands.
The camera is actually faster than the A7r i used from start up to even shooting.
Shutter is definitely less noisy than A7r
Output is mildly soft due to anti alias filter compared to A7R. But thats the trade off.
AWB seems reasonably better than even the 6D i used.
Here is a sample from the camera with 85L
Attached Thumbnails
Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras-23.jpg  

Old 9th April 2015, 23:02   #1559
BHPian

The DSLR Thread

I have been on the fence about DSLRs, finally I think I have found the right camera for me. I am going with an ILCE Sony a6000, excellent low light performance combined with light weight did it for me. I am planning a bike trip soon, hence wanted something that won't take a lot of room.

Now, coming to the buying choice, Amazon is the cheapest etailer at 47k for the body and a 1650 kit lens. However, when I tried justdial, it shows me a local dealer offering the same for 40k. Seems Amazon and flip kart are no more the de facto cheap options. Will post after I make the purchase on what I finally chose.

Meanwhile, if anyone has good or bad experience with a6000 do let me know, I will appreciate it.
Old 10th April 2015, 11:00   #1560
Team-BHP Support

Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
I have been on the fence about DSLRs, finally I think I have found the right camera for me. I am going with an ILCE Sony a6000, excellent low light performance combined with light weight did it for me. I am planning a bike trip soon, hence wanted something that won't take a lot of room.
If light weight is important to you, then you are right in rejecting the dSLR option. I sold off my dSLR system for the same reason.

A6000 is one of the best cameras in the mirrorless world, you won't regret it. The lens options are bit limited, but available for a steep price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks