Team-BHP - Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/93694-mirrorless-evil-cameras-148.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4641390)
Not quite sure what causes this, I assume it is the stabilization system that needs some time.

IIRC, it is the sensor cleaning system. Every time you turn on, the sensor shakes like a wet dog to clean itself.

I have my E-M5 mkII since Jan 2015, no thoughts of upgrading. Suits my need perfectly.

I have recently moved from a Sony A6000 to Fuji X-T30.
While the image quality is excellent (with their fantastic 18-55mm), there is a bit of an adjustment to make wrt. the handling.

I'm planning to sell my A6000 (with 16-50mm) now, which is in excellent condition. PM me if someone's interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 4641450)
IIRC, it is the sensor cleaning system. Every time you turn on, the sensor shakes like a wet dog to clean itself.

I can understand the sensor cleaning system coming on line when you actually power up the system. But I am talking about the situation where you have the master switch on, and the display and EVF goes blank after a while (you can set this in the menu). Once you hit a button everything powers up.

But without the master switch having being switched on/off or a lens being swapped I don’t see why the sensor cleaning system should kick in every time the camera’s wake’s up.

You could well be correct, but I fail to see the logic in that. I have a very good manual on the Mkii, from Friedman, but it doesn’t seem to mention anything along these lines, either way. I will try my luck at some FaceBook groups, see what can be done.

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup10 (Post 4641599)
I'm planning to sell my A6000 (with 16-50mm) now, which is in excellent condition. PM me if someone's interested.

Me too (but body only). Just need to get around to it, which isn't happening. And I guess the price is dropping daily :Frustrati

New Sony a6nnn cameras (to be officially announced within hours)

Leaked images and specs of the new Sony A6100 and A6600 and 16-5mm f/2.8 and 70-350mm lenses!

It seems like a refreshed range of a6nnn cameras for new buyers, but for me at least, my GAS is safe from irresistible upgrades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4631700)
Is the Sony A7 worth buying anymore since it is 6 years old? I am getting a A7 with the 28-70 kit lens for a little less than 50K from an overseas online retailer. I understand that tech gets obsolete in a couple of years time, and 6 years means too much to ignore. Unfortunately I have not kept up with the recent advancements in photography.

And there he is:
Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras-img_20190904_121657.jpg

My first mirrorless
First full frame
First Sony

Cost me 48K.

Damn heavy with the kit lens.

Bye Nikon. I will have to sell my Nikon D50 and lenses to make money for a 50mm prime.

I used to think that flashes did not have compatibility issues. My Nikon flash does not fire with the Sony.

Flashes seem to come with N/S/C/etc in the model number. Once upon a time all the camera did was fire the flash: now it must talk with it!

Olympus has, at last, come up with an upgrade to the EM5 MK-II, predictably called EM5 MK-III. The body costs 1,199.99$ and the Kit costs 1,499.99$ (Introductory price), and shipping starts from November 21st.

From the initial reviews, looks like a good upgrade over Mark II and comes with 121-point phase + contrast detection AF system and CIPA image stabilization rating of 6.5 stop(s). Drool.

Links:
https://www.getolympus.com/us/en/dig...-mark-iii.html

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/the...a-mini-e-m1-ii

--Anoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 4676498)
Olympus has, at last, come up with an upgrade to the EM5 MK-II, predictably called EM5 MK-III. The body costs 1,199.99$ and the Kit costs 1,499.99$ (Introductory price), and shipping starts from November 21st.

I own both EM5 MK-1, MK-2 and I can't think of a reason why I must upgrade.

I am skipping this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 4676505)

I am skipping this one.

Same for me, EM5 Mo-2 and a Pen F. Nothing of interest on this new mk3.

Or rather, more importantly, my current kit does not limit my photography. In almost all cases I am the limiting factor.

There are two things that could do with improve my.
I like to do multiple exposures in camera. Mk2 allows for double exposure. But it is possible to do more, just a bit cumbersome.

The other thing is that the EM5 mk2 could do with a more rapid start up when you hit the release bottom. When going from sleep to being operational. Not a big thing for my landscape photography, but sometimes annoying in for instance street photography. Actually the Pen F for some reason is noticeable quicker to awaken than the EM5 mk2.

It is something I have only started noticing recently so I am wondering if I need to the camera seen to?

Might want to check with somebody else mk2 first
Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 4676505)

I am skipping this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4676608)
Same for me, EM5 Mo-2 and a Pen F. Nothing of interest on this new mk3.

I too own a MK-2 and will not be upgrading, but if I am in the market now for a new camera, I will choose MK-3 over MK-2 mainly because of the 1.5 extra F stop image stabilization because it gives me more freedom to shoot night scenes without a tripod, and the better and faster AF.

Also, better weather sealing is an added bonus.

--Anoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 4676846)
Also, better weather sealing is an added bonus.

I had not realized it had better weather sealing? I just spend several hours on the Opal coast in France. Very wet, rain, salty sea spray. All other photographers were messing about with plastic bags, protecting their camera body and lenses.

I was out there with my Mk2 and two pro-lenses. No plastic bags required. very convenient! Only constant wiping of droplets of the lens/filter prior to each shot!

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup10 (Post 4641599)
I have recently moved from a Sony A6000 to Fuji X-T30.
While the image quality is excellent (with their fantastic 18-55mm), there is a bit of an adjustment to make wrt. the handling.

Can you post a detailed review on your Fuji camera?

I bought a Sirui HC50 Dry Cabinet.

Looked at prices from Fotocentre and a not-long-ago quote from Videolinks, but, on this unusual-to-me occasion, Amazon had for a saving of a couple of thousand.

Whilst I don't have any very expensive (eg 1-lakh-plus) lenses (yet), my collection has grown to the extent that finding mould/fungus growing on any of them could get to-me-very expensive. Been meaning to get the cabinet for a while, even though the room in which I keep my stuff is AC-on for most of the day.

I have a number of items from Sirui. A light-weight tripod, a monopod, various accessories, and now this cabinet. With each purchase I am more impressed! The monopod purchase was largely inspired by youtube videos saying, "Yep: chinese, cheap. But actually, also the best, or as close as makes no odds."

This cabinet arrived today. First thing: complete package was too large and heavy for me to even lift! (especially with a slight fever). Outer, Amazon cardboard enclosed a skeleton wooden crate around Sirui's cardboard. Unpacking required a claw hammer. I've had far bigger purchases (washing machine, fridge, etc) but nothing packed this well before.

Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras-img_20191102_144043.jpg

I'm not really into "unboxing" videos (or posts) but this was more than the usual throw-the-wrapping-away experience.

And the unit inside: sturdy and nicely finished. I think it is going to be as well-built as I have come to expect from Sirui. Currently going through its recommended 4-hour "running-in" time before loading up. It arrived displaying 65%, and is now down to 37% rh. factory-setting is said to be 25%. I'll run it at 45 or 50.

Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras-img_20191102_181541.jpg

This is a 50-litre cabinet, HC50. Unit weight 12.7 kg. Size, 520x400x335. Cost Rs.10,171.

If my enthusiasm sounds like a sales spiel, no, I do not work for Sirui. Just a satisfied fanboy :D

I bought a 21L Hinsio (Smallest and cheapest available in Amazon) for my Sony with the kit lens during the Great Indian Sale and it came packed in a similar cage.

I am running it at 50% RH. I tested it by placing a humidity meter inside and saw that it is off only by 2-3%.

But it seems to acquire humidity quite fast (a couple of hours) when I switch off the unit. I was thinking that once it attains the target RH, I can switch it off for a few days before I need to switch on again. Not very air tight I guess.

But then power consumption seems to be low so not worried.