Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 4th November 2019, 23:25   #2221
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mirrorless or EVIL Cameras

I haven't tried testing it with another humidity meter (hygrometer, I think!) or turning it off. Of course, the humidity rises when I open the door.

I wonder if lenses should be stored with or without caps either end? What do you think?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 06:51   #2222
Senior - BHPian

How do guys with a solitary mirrorless camera and lens ensure fungus free zone in the cupboard? Considering this needs power all the time.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 08:39   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I haven't tried testing it with another humidity meter (hygrometer, I think!) or turning it off. Of course, the humidity rises when I open the door.

I wonder if lenses should be stored with or without caps either end? What do you think?
I just have the kit lens and it is attached to the camera. I am currently keeping the entire thing along with the bag - it's a small bag. I am not inclined to keep my Nikon DSLR and it's various lenses in it, as fungus has already gotten into them and i intend to sell them off once i get used to the Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
How do guys with a solitary mirrorless camera and lens ensure fungus free zone in the cupboard? Considering this needs power all the time.
Buy some silica gel and toss it inside the camera bag. You can even consider keeping it in an airtight plastic container - the kind you use in the kitchen.

Yet, investing in a dry cabinet is the best solution. I too have a solitary mirrorless camera.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 12:42   #2224
Distinguished - BHPian

If it fits, it seems like quite a good idea to dry the bag out sometimes. Hey, maybe an hour in the sun might be just as good as a day in the cabinet!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote