Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 17:47   #76
BHPian

Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi Akshay,

If you PM me what city you are IN, i may ne able to point you to right ppl. I was in this industry in India for 7 years before moving to Melbourne in 2014.

If you have any further questions; feel free to post here or PM.
Hi ;
I have created a 4 camera setup with DVR and it records everything on an internal HDD. Nowadays its becoming very common for thief's to steal DVR also so if you can suggest a cheap but reliable solution to store camera feed on internet also which can be retrieved as when required.
Thanks in advance
Old 22nd October 2016, 18:56   #77
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought a Sricam IP camera available on Amazon. It costed me 3200. I am pretty satisfied with it so far. Now I want to add more cameras to my house. I have a very tight budget for this. Wanted to know the pros and cons of these from you all.
Old 14th March 2017, 15:50   #78
BHPian

I came to know about the services of a start-up company called 'Secure Service Plus' They offer CCTV on rent! at the end of rental period there is an option for buy back also.

Got them to install the CCTV at my place. The team seems sincere to sort out issues. For e.g now its only B/W, they are still figuring how to make it color feed.

I don't stay at the site and would like to connect the system to the internet. This would need a wired broadband connection as per them. The plans for such wired broadband per month is at a minimum of 675rs per month, which is too steep for me considering that I will seldom check the feed online. So was wondering is there a technical way to connect the DVR to a wifi dongle through a Wifi router?
Old 14th March 2017, 16:52   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
--. So was wondering is there a technical way to connect the DVR to a wifi dongle through a Wifi router?
Yes, Certainly you can connect DVR through wifi dongle. I am using the similar setup. Technically you need a wifi dongle and a repeater kind of setup which accepts wifi from dongle and give internet over wired connection which in turn can hooked on to DVR. I am assuming that your DVR has got a LAN port.

I am using reliance jiofi and a dlink DIR 505 repeater.

Hope this helps
Old 31st May 2017, 18:09   #80
BHPian

Gurus, need some more help

I have set up a few Foscam wireless cameras at my place.

What I want to do next, is to replace my DVR with a USB drive connected to my Router. I understand this can be done by making my DLink 2750U an FTP server.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial? Or tell me if I am talking gibberish.

Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:06   #81
BHPian

Looking to install a CCTV set up for an elevator. The primary requirement is that it should be stand alone and self sustaining. So 4 systems for 4 elevators. This is because having a central system for all elevators is turning out too pricey because of the wiring involved.

So, am looking at below set up for 4 separate elevators:
A. 1 Camera
B. 1 DVR housed on top of cab itself, connected to camera using wire
C. 1 Back up supply - small battery UPS(?), again housed on top of cab.

Any advise from experts appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2018, 00:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

My car was vandalised this week which made me think of installing cctv cameras which will cover the car from two angles. I was quoted 14.5k for 2 wired cams with dvr and 2 year warranty on the devices and 1 year free service. Is this reasonable or on higher side? I am trying to see if the society agrees to install at its expense but I might do at my own cost if they do not agree.
Old 6th January 2018, 01:20   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
My car was vandalised this week which made me think of installing cctv cameras which will cover the car from two angles. I was quoted 14.5k for 2 wired cams with dvr and 2 year warranty on the devices and 1 year free service. Is this reasonable or on higher side? I am trying to see if the society agrees to install at its expense but I might do at my own cost if they do not agree.
While I am a noob when it comes to CCTVs, based on my research, I have the following questions

1. What is the resolution of the camera? I am assuming these are bullet cameras.
2. WHat is the size of the DVR HDD?
3. How many channels on the CCTV? This is incase you need more cameras in the near future.
4. Brand of the equipment.

There is a huge variation in prices of equipment so while 14.5 k

Also, if possible, think about going the IP camera way.
Old 8th January 2018, 09:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
A wired system with a couple of out door cameras can easily cost you 15k or higher. Indoor camera set up may cost about 10k or so. Out door cameras may have the same resolution, but they have weather proof enclosures. Some may even have enclosures that can withstand vandals to some extent.
Besides a camera, you need a flood light for out door coverage. Forget the IR Leds which come with cameras. They give B/W images which are next to useless. Expect to illuminate the area with at least 30 W LED flood lights.
Old 8th January 2018, 12:46   #85
Senior - BHPian

The brand of CCTV I am being offered is CP Plus and I was told it has around 40% market in India. I had spoken to these(plutoworld) guys. I haven't gone ahead with the decision to put the camera yet but it's in consideration.
Old 12th February 2018, 09:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a CCTV camera installed after my car was vandalized twice. The brand is CP Plus and seems to be a popular one in the market. It supposedly has around 40% market share so it’s the Maruti Suzuki of CCTV cameras.

The total cost was 15.8k which included the following
2.4 MP Cameras (X 2).
1 TB hard disk (min 20 days backup)
1 DVR unit.
1 Power supply and 2 connector pins.
30-40 meters of cable wire depending upon the needs.

The installation took around 5 hours. If you going to go ahead with the install make sure they bring along a tall ladder as the camera should be positioned at a high place where it would be difficult to remove by the would be miscreants.

The devices come with 2 year warranty and the installer has provided 1 year free service after date of installation in case of any issue. Post that an AMC can be taken or there would be a per visit charge.

Below are some pics.

The camera has day night vision and can also capture/save data based on motion.
Query On CCTV Camera And Installation-camera1.jpg

Query On CCTV Camera And Installation-camera2.jpg

Query On CCTV Camera And Installation-cctv_box.jpg

The DVR hosts 1 TB of hard disk enough for 15-20 days of data. You can also copy data to a USB device.
Query On CCTV Camera And Installation-dvr.jpg

You will need a HDMI enabled TV or monitor. That's my washer guy in action.
Query On CCTV Camera And Installation-screen.jpg
Old 15th February 2018, 11:00   #87
BHPian

This query is in particular to the security cam solutions provided by Eurovigil (Eureka Forbes).

I have following requirement.

1. Need atleast 6 cams. One dome cam.
2. Power back is already hooked. Will suffice for atleast 5 hours.
3. Need backup to be scheduled every 15 minutes to be uploaded to cloud storage. Space and bandwidth no issues.

I was told that Eurovision provides something called Hik Cloud P2P & HiDDNS which will aid in cloud storage.

Has someone tried this or has any idea of same ? Just want to know if works as required. Like unmanned upload to cloud storage every 15-30 minutes or with scheduled backup plans.
Old 28th March 2018, 22:00   #88
BHPian

Request some advice on this thread, we have a 1.5 yr old child and want to install a wireless 1080p camera to monitor.

Requirements:
1. wireless connectivity
2. 1080p
3. night vision
4. talkback/two way communication
5. usable app
6. wide field of view
7. below $60

Gearbest and Aliexpress are both running sales so I have shortlisted the below. I was going to buy the Yi but it has a $11 shipping charge. The xiaomi ones on gearbest all seem to have complaints about the Mi home app. The other brands are unknown to me

Any suggestion please, as of now I am thinking of the last one.

Vstacam

Xiaomi mijia

Hiseeu

Xiaomi mijia pantilt

Xiaomi mijia 1080p

Xiaomi dafang 1080p

Xiaomi mijia english version
Old 28th March 2018, 22:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Request some advice on this thread, we have a 1.5 yr old child and want to install a wireless 1080p camera to monitor.

Requirements:
1. wireless connectivity
2. 1080p
3. night vision
4. talkback/two way communication
5. usable app
6. wide field of view
7. below $60

Gearbest and Aliexpress are both running sales so I have shortlisted the below. I was going to buy the Yi but it has a $11 shipping charge. The xiaomi ones on gearbest all seem to have complaints about the Mi home app. The other brands are unknown to me

Any suggestion please, as of now I am thinking of the last one.

Vstacam

Xiaomi mijia

Hiseeu

Xiaomi mijia pantilt

Xiaomi mijia 1080p

Xiaomi dafang 1080p

Xiaomi mijia english version

Hi digitalnirvana,

I am using Sricam 720P cameras with 360* Pan & Tilt. I bought these directly from someone who is a seller on Amazon. The indoor cameras costed me 2300 with one year warranty. Have been using for over 1.5 years now. No issues so far. The App is good too. The only issue I faced is once in a while one of the cameras will show offline and then you have to reset the camera and pair it again. Pairing is a 2 minuets task. I use these cameras to monitor my dogs when I am not around. Pretty good experience for the price I paid. Also no tension of duties and didn't have to wait for days to get them from AliExpress.
Old 19th April 2018, 22:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

My 4yr old Western Digital Surveillance HDD seems to be in the end of its life. Every second night, the DVR beeps & restarts with a warning that HDD is unformatted & the HDD storage shows blank.

Any suggestions for a HDD for a DVR that records 8 cameras ? I need footage for 15 days. The DVR can hold 2 HDDs, so I was wondering if I should go for 2x2TB HDDs (maybe that'd be overkill).

Not hung up on WD brand though, as the HDD did fail a few times over the years.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 19th April 2018 at 22:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks