Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2018, 12:16   #91
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 630
Thanked: 449 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

I'm planning to install 1 (or) 2 CCTV outdoor cameras in our duplex home. Please suggest a decent setup. My budget is 10-12K.

Intention - To get good coverage of the road from our car porch.
Prodigy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 19:39   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WB 26
Posts: 3,231
Thanked: 2,259 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Victim of car vandalism once (local kid drew 'eyebrows' on my car hood on top of the auxiliary lamps that I had installed) and an attempted theft (3 people climbed over the not-so-high boundary wall, luckily my dad noticed & raised an alarm), I decided to go for a CCTV setup.

Bought a Hikvision 3 bullet + 1 dome set and a 1 TB surveillance HDD a few days back, and have initially set up the dome camera inside the portico covering 2 cars in the main garage area.
The entire setup was DIY from scratch. Plan to setup the bullet cameras in the 3 other corners of the house to get the required coverage.

Currently exploring the options to use a ethernet connection with my router to get the video over network devices.

Shall be happy to answer any question anyone has on DIY installation.

Last edited by blackasta : 18th September 2018 at 19:45.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 16:53   #93
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 613
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Folks,

Planning to install a CCTV kit for my home, need 4 cameras and the necessary hardware to go.

Had a demo from Eureka Forbes - 40K for 4 cameras + 10 Ch DVR, 1 TB HDD and 8 amp Power Supply. Seems good, but pricey!

Confused with the whole lot of options available, Could anyone give a recommendation. Budget around 30K.

Thank You.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 17:20   #94
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,626
Thanked: 6,541 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Had a demo from Eureka Forbes - 40K for 4 cameras + 10 Ch DVR, 1 TB HDD and 8 amp Power Supply. Seems good, but pricey!

Confused with the whole lot of options available, Could anyone give a recommendation. Budget around 30K.
Hikvision is also good. Will be more economical too. We got 9 or 10 cameras (out of which 2 or 3 were outdoor cameras which cost a little more) and a 16 Ch DVR with dual battery UPS + 14" dell monitor + 1 TB hdd + a mouse and complete installation for about 50-51K. That included almost one complete roll of wires because of the big building basement (and all around) to be covered.

Since you might not need quite a few of the above hardware like UPS, monitor and so many cameras, it should definitely come within your budget.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 19:27   #95
BHPian
 
TorqueyTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Robin hood city
Posts: 819
Thanked: 1,185 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Folks,

Planning to install a CCTV kit for my home, need 4 cameras and the necessary hardware to go.

Had a demo from Eureka Forbes - 40K for 4 cameras + 10 Ch DVR, 1 TB HDD and 8 amp Power Supply. Seems good, but pricey!

Confused with the whole lot of options available, Could anyone give a recommendation. Budget around 30K.

Thank You.

Had a similar setup done for our home. It costed me around 20k. I do not remember the DVR setup though and can get back to you. It was through UrbanClap and the person who did the setup was good but took almost a day to finish it up. I can pm you the details.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2018, 20:44   #96
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 613
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hikvision is also good
...
Since you might not need quite a few of the above hardware like UPS, monitor and so many cameras, it should definitely come within your budget.

Regards,
Saket
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Had a similar setup done for our home. It costed me around 20k
...
I can pm you the details.
Thank You very much Saket and TorqueyTechie, much appreciate the response.

Could You please pass on the installer/ contact details, so that I can make an appointment with them. I think I will stay away from the 40K eureka solution then.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 20:15   #97
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 613
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Thank You very much Saket and TorqueyTechie, much appreciate the response.

I think I will stay away from the 40K eureka solution then.
CPPlus dealer in Bangalore gave a quote of 35K for 4 camera setup and I had to find another one. I was able to get a demo from cctvguys Bangalore; and have settled for a HikVision 4 camera setup for 21.5K (yet to be installed).

A friend who accompanied me was also impressed and bought the same setup.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 20:35   #98
BHPian
 
akshay380's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 834
Thanked: 835 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Guys I have HiVision CCTV setup at a store and want to have stream available on internet. It has 4G dongle support and LAN port. I have jiofi but it cannot be connected as USB dongle? Want to avoid wired broadband if possible. What are my options without breaking the bank?
akshay380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2018, 20:55   #99
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 613
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys I have HiVision CCTV setup at a store and want to have stream available on internet. It has 4G dongle support and LAN port. I have jiofi but it cannot be connected as USB dongle? Want to avoid wired broadband if possible. What are my options without breaking the bank?
I have ordered this from Aliexpress, yet to be delivered to validate its claim.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 11:50   #100
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
CPPlus dealer in Bangalore gave a quote of 35K for 4 camera setup and I had to find another one. I was able to get a demo from cctvguys Bangalore; and have settled for a HikVision 4 camera setup for 21.5K (yet to be installed).

A friend who accompanied me was also impressed and bought the same setup.
Hi, I am looking for a similar cctv setup and would appreciate if you could share the contact of your vendor. I got a CPPlus quote from one vendor which seems pricey. Hence, would like to consider other vendors. Thanks.
Aerobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 12:49   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WB 26
Posts: 3,231
Thanked: 2,259 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Currently exploring the options to use a ethernet connection with my router to get the video over network devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I have ordered this from Aliexpress, yet to be delivered to validate its claim.
Thanks for the pointer - added to my wishlist !
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 14:43   #102
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 613
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Thanks for the pointer - added to my wishlist !
Missed to update earlier, but I have setup the device and it works just fine. I now have LiveView on mobile

Edit: @Aerobat, You would want to connect with Dilip from cctvshop.in; they have their product display in HRBR layout.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 30th November 2018 at 14:45.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 17:59   #103
BHPian
 
civic-sense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 840
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Hi I am planning to buy a CCTV kit from Amazon.in. I have zeroed in on this one:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-Came.../dp/B07BMTXVTD

I have two Sricam IP cameras (bullet and dome) lying at home, and I was planning to hook up to my WD NAS, but now seem too much of work. Hence going back to the traditional route.

How is Hikvision? I also saw the Godrej Quadra series in Amazon, but a bit more expensive. Is it any good? Or its just some re-branded Chinese stuff?
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 20:29   #104
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Varkala
Posts: 1,214
Thanked: 887 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Hi I am planning to buy a CCTV kit from Amazon.in. I have zeroed in on this one:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-Came.../dp/B07BMTXVTD

How is Hikvision? I also saw the Godrej Quadra series in Amazon, but a bit more expensive. Is it any good? Or its just some re-branded Chinese stuff?
Civic, I have a Hikvision setup at my home, done by installers. Cost is 41K including cabling, some concealing ad masonry.
It consists of 7 cameras: 1 dome, 3 bullets of the type you see in the Amazon link and 3 bullets of the following type:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-DS-2...d+camera+1080p


The bullets of first type cannot "see" well beyond 10-15 meters in darkness. The second type is good for 20-25 meters.


The DVR we chose was this:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-Ds-7...d+camera+1080p

Also included in the package is a 2U rack. The monitor was not included as we had a spare one.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 08:59   #105
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Missed to update earlier, but I have setup the device and it works just fine. I now have LiveView on mobile

Edit: @Aerobat, You would want to connect with Dilip from cctvshop.in; they have their product display in HRBR layout.
Thank you Rocky_Balboa. Appreciate your quick response. Regards.
Aerobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In-car Camera mounts - Attaching a video camera to the Car im_srini Modifications & Accessories 75 18th October 2017 21:37
Chevy Cruze - Front Camera, Rear Camera, and Stronger White Headlamps? darthvader Modifications & Accessories 31 9th February 2014 21:18
CCTV Footage: Deadly Accident near Mumbai searchingheaven Road Safety 139 10th September 2013 14:12
Woman on Scooty cheats death! Accident caught on CCTV Warwithwheels Ride Safe 74 22nd April 2013 19:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks