Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2018, 12:16   #91
BHPian

Re: Query On CCTV Camera And Installation

I'm planning to install 1 (or) 2 CCTV outdoor cameras in our duplex home. Please suggest a decent setup. My budget is 10-12K.

Intention - To get good coverage of the road from our car porch.
Old 18th September 2018, 19:39   #92
Senior - BHPian

Victim of car vandalism once (local kid drew 'eyebrows' on my car hood on top of the auxiliary lamps that I had installed) and an attempted theft (3 people climbed over the not-so-high boundary wall, luckily my dad noticed & raised an alarm), I decided to go for a CCTV setup.

Bought a Hikvision 3 bullet + 1 dome set and a 1 TB surveillance HDD a few days back, and have initially set up the dome camera inside the portico covering 2 cars in the main garage area.
The entire setup was DIY from scratch. Plan to setup the bullet cameras in the 3 other corners of the house to get the required coverage.

Currently exploring the options to use a ethernet connection with my router to get the video over network devices.

Shall be happy to answer any question anyone has on DIY installation.

Last edited by blackasta : 18th September 2018 at 19:45.
Old 27th October 2018, 16:53   #93
BHPian

Folks,

Planning to install a CCTV kit for my home, need 4 cameras and the necessary hardware to go.

Had a demo from Eureka Forbes - 40K for 4 cameras + 10 Ch DVR, 1 TB HDD and 8 amp Power Supply. Seems good, but pricey!

Confused with the whole lot of options available, Could anyone give a recommendation. Budget around 30K.

Thank You.
Old 27th October 2018, 17:20   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Had a demo from Eureka Forbes - 40K for 4 cameras + 10 Ch DVR, 1 TB HDD and 8 amp Power Supply. Seems good, but pricey!

Confused with the whole lot of options available, Could anyone give a recommendation. Budget around 30K.
Hikvision is also good. Will be more economical too. We got 9 or 10 cameras (out of which 2 or 3 were outdoor cameras which cost a little more) and a 16 Ch DVR with dual battery UPS + 14" dell monitor + 1 TB hdd + a mouse and complete installation for about 50-51K. That included almost one complete roll of wires because of the big building basement (and all around) to be covered.

Since you might not need quite a few of the above hardware like UPS, monitor and so many cameras, it should definitely come within your budget.

Regards,
Saket
Old 27th October 2018, 19:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Planning to install a CCTV kit for my home, need 4 cameras and the necessary hardware to go.

Thank You.

Had a similar setup done for our home. It costed me around 20k. I do not remember the DVR setup though and can get back to you. It was through UrbanClap and the person who did the setup was good but took almost a day to finish it up. I can pm you the details.
Old 27th October 2018, 20:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hikvision is also good
Since you might not need quite a few of the above hardware like UPS, monitor and so many cameras, it should definitely come within your budget.

Regards,
Saket
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Had a similar setup done for our home. It costed me around 20k
I can pm you the details.
Thank You very much Saket and TorqueyTechie, much appreciate the response.

Could You please pass on the installer/ contact details, so that I can make an appointment with them. I think I will stay away from the 40K eureka solution then.
Old 6th November 2018, 20:15   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You very much Saket and TorqueyTechie, much appreciate the response.

I think I will stay away from the 40K eureka solution then.
CPPlus dealer in Bangalore gave a quote of 35K for 4 camera setup and I had to find another one. I was able to get a demo from cctvguys Bangalore; and have settled for a HikVision 4 camera setup for 21.5K (yet to be installed).

A friend who accompanied me was also impressed and bought the same setup.
Old 6th November 2018, 20:35   #98
BHPian

Guys I have HiVision CCTV setup at a store and want to have stream available on internet. It has 4G dongle support and LAN port. I have jiofi but it cannot be connected as USB dongle? Want to avoid wired broadband if possible. What are my options without breaking the bank?
Old 6th November 2018, 20:55   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys I have HiVision CCTV setup at a store and want to have stream available on internet. It has 4G dongle support and LAN port. I have jiofi but it cannot be connected as USB dongle? Want to avoid wired broadband if possible. What are my options without breaking the bank?
I have ordered this from Aliexpress, yet to be delivered to validate its claim.
Old 30th November 2018, 11:50   #100
BHPian

Quote:
CPPlus dealer in Bangalore gave a quote of 35K for 4 camera setup and I had to find another one. I was able to get a demo from cctvguys Bangalore; and have settled for a HikVision 4 camera setup for 21.5K (yet to be installed).

A friend who accompanied me was also impressed and bought the same setup.
Hi, I am looking for a similar cctv setup and would appreciate if you could share the contact of your vendor. I got a CPPlus quote from one vendor which seems pricey. Hence, would like to consider other vendors. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2018, 12:49   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Currently exploring the options to use a ethernet connection with my router to get the video over network devices.
Quote:
I have ordered this from Aliexpress, yet to be delivered to validate its claim.
Thanks for the pointer - added to my wishlist !
Old 30th November 2018, 14:43   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Thanks for the pointer - added to my wishlist !
Missed to update earlier, but I have setup the device and it works just fine. I now have LiveView on mobile

Edit: @Aerobat, You would want to connect with Dilip from cctvshop.in; they have their product display in HRBR layout.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 30th November 2018 at 14:45.
Old 30th November 2018, 17:59   #103
BHPian

Hi I am planning to buy a CCTV kit from Amazon.in. I have zeroed in on this one:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-Came.../dp/B07BMTXVTD

I have two Sricam IP cameras (bullet and dome) lying at home, and I was planning to hook up to my WD NAS, but now seem too much of work. Hence going back to the traditional route.

How is Hikvision? I also saw the Godrej Quadra series in Amazon, but a bit more expensive. Is it any good? Or its just some re-branded Chinese stuff?
Old 30th November 2018, 20:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Hi I am planning to buy a CCTV kit from Amazon.in. I have zeroed in on this one:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-Came.../dp/B07BMTXVTD

How is Hikvision? I also saw the Godrej Quadra series in Amazon, but a bit more expensive. Is it any good? Or its just some re-branded Chinese stuff?
Civic, I have a Hikvision setup at my home, done by installers. Cost is 41K including cabling, some concealing ad masonry.
It consists of 7 cameras: 1 dome, 3 bullets of the type you see in the Amazon link and 3 bullets of the following type:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-DS-2...d+camera+1080p

The bullets of first type cannot "see" well beyond 10-15 meters in darkness. The second type is good for 20-25 meters.

The DVR we chose was this:

https://www.amazon.in/Hikvision-Ds-7...d+camera+1080p

Also included in the package is a 2U rack. The monitor was not included as we had a spare one.
Old 1st December 2018, 08:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Missed to update earlier, but I have setup the device and it works just fine. I now have LiveView on mobile

Edit: @Aerobat, You would want to connect with Dilip from cctvshop.in; they have their product display in HRBR layout.
Thank you Rocky_Balboa. Appreciate your quick response. Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks