Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 19:22   #991
BHPian

Re: Brio VX MT vs Swift Zxi vs Ritz Zxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good that one car is out of the equation and now the tiff is between Swift and the Brio.

Looking at the response by the sales guys I'd pick the Swift ZXi.

If pre-sales is so casual by Honda then after sales I'm not interested at all.

6.6L is good enough for ZXi variant. Worst case they may reduce 5-10K on this quote. Do try if you can get it for 6.4-6.5L.

Anurag.
Ruling out Ritz was what we could definitely conclude after today's test drives.

Certain things were positive in favour of Swift
1. Better interiors
2. Bigger than Brio - so you get a feel of big car, compared to Brio

The only negative point that I could think of is that the low end response was much better in Brio than in the Swift.So, I am not sure if driving a Swift would be a pain or not in B2B traffic. We did a TD of both the cars in the same stretch and under similar traffic conditions.
Old 9th September 2014, 23:59   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Ruling out Ritz was what we could definitely conclude after today's test drives.

Certain things were positive in favour of Swift
1. Better interiors
2. Bigger than Brio - so you get a feel of big car, compared to Brio

The only negative point that I could think of is that the low end response was much better in Brio than in the Swift.So, I am not sure if driving a Swift would be a pain or not in B2B traffic. We did a TD of both the cars in the same stretch and under similar traffic conditions.
You got the issues spot on. Swift's motor has a very good mid-range but will be uncomfortable in B2B traffic. Also the clutch position is high for ladies and feels heavy on the Swift. I would not want to be in your shoes right now.

Also, Honda not providing any discounts is not a surprise as the festive season is right around the corner and they are trying to get good numbers for the City, Amaze and Mobilio. So, the Brio will be neglected. On the other hand you won't get much discounts on the Swift as well, but negotiate hard and you can get freebies like seat covers, mudflaps or floor mats.
Old 10th September 2014, 00:20   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
You got the issues spot on. Swift's motor has a very good mid-range but will be uncomfortable in B2B traffic. Also the clutch position is high for ladies and feels heavy on the Swift. I would not want to be in your shoes right now.

Also, Honda not providing any discounts is not a surprise as the festive season is right around the corner and they are trying to get good numbers for the City, Amaze and Mobilio. So, the Brio will be neglected. On the other hand you won't get much discounts on the Swift as well, but negotiate hard and you can get freebies like seat covers, mudflaps or floor mats.
I think it's a very hard decision considering both are good vehicles but I certainly found Brio to easy to drive compared to the Swift in B2B traffic. Heart says Brio, but head says Swift . Final decision will be not mine .
Old 10th September 2014, 02:19   #994
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn_out View Post
IMO, heavy clutch issues were sorted out with the refresh model. The earlier one was heavy and had a vague clutch movement that was sorted out.

The current one is light and good to use, even in B2B traffic.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th September 2014 at 02:31.
Old 10th September 2014, 13:20   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
The way in which the Honda guys were speaking, it was as though I was doing them a favour by buying a car.

Don't intend to nitpick but did you mean 'their attitude was as if, they were doing a favor by selling the car' ?

Post AMAZE/new CITY/Mobilio runaway success the arrogance level has suddenly shot skyhigh among the Sales folks at HONDA. I remember reading such unpleasant experiences post AMAZE launch as well by certain members in this forum.

Anyways, I would say you can maybe try out another HONDA showroom before cancelling the car owing to unpleasant experience at one Showroom. If your wife's going to do most of the driving, Brio will definitely be easier to in B2B traffic. All the best

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th September 2014 at 13:45.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 22:37   #996
BHPian

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IMO, heavy clutch issues were sorted out with the refresh model. The earlier one was heavy and had a vague clutch movement that was sorted out.

The current one is light and good to use, even in B2B traffic.

Anurag.
One of my office colleagues bought a Swift VXI last month and I drove it last week. The clutch still felt sticky and the travel a bit long for B2B traffic conditions. I could give it the benefit of doubt as it is still a new car, but will have to drive a better example before I am convinced.
Old 11th September 2014, 11:24   #997
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam have reported a shootout between 4 of the top hatcbacks here.

For me, the only interesting aspect of the entire report was the diesel engine comparison on performance front:

The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!-acceleration.jpg

Despite making lesser Bhp (?) and torque, Elite I20 seems to be faster than Polo 1.5 TDi.

Swift ZDI with the least output, is still not the slowest !!

This clearly shows the 'Sore Point' of the MJD engines which is the turbo-lag. Evo 90 HP takes 1.4secs to do a 0-10 Km/hr !! This lethargy, eventually cascades into further acceleration timings.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 11th September 2014 at 11:34.
Old 11th September 2014, 12:04   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Don't intend to nitpick but did you mean 'their attitude was as if, they were doing a favor by selling the car' ?

Post AMAZE/new CITY/Mobilio runaway success the arrogance level has suddenly shot skyhigh among the Sales folks at HONDA. I remember reading such unpleasant experiences post AMAZE launch as well by certain members in this forum.

Anyways, I would say you can maybe try out another HONDA showroom before cancelling the car owing to unpleasant experience at one Showroom. If your wife's going to do most of the driving, Brio will definitely be easier to in B2B traffic. All the best
I wouldn't say unpleasant but may be Suzuki were more customer focussed than Honda or may be Honda are more keen in sales related to Amaze, City & Mobilio rather than the Brio.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:43   #999
BHPian

So the brilliantly laid out plan of getting a pre worshipped Jazz has gone bust. But good news is I have 6.5L to buy a new car. Below are my requirements:
1.40 km of daily commute most of which is Goan highway.
2.Will be driven by me most of the time. Other times with two passengers.
3.Should have a fun to drive quotient. Also good highway stability and ride quality.
4.Abs airbags a must. Good music systems.
5.Good A.S.S and cost of ownership.

With these parameters in mind, I've shortlisted the following:
Swift zxi, ritz zxi, brio vx mt, grand i10 asta o and tata zest I guess only xms will be within my budget.

Cars rejected:
celerio zxi opt- better cars available for fraction more.
Micra and pulse, Beat and sail- non existent in Goa.
Figo- outdated, petrol is underwhelming to drive.
Polo- pricey, 3 cyl engine, cost A.S.S
Fabia- NOPE
Elite i20- out of budget with safety pack.
Punto 1.4- again out of budget.
Liva- built to cost, not vfm.

Kindly suggest me which will be the best buy. And any other car I should consider. Car will be kept for at least 6 years so long term reliability is a must.
Old 11th September 2014, 20:45   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
So the brilliantly laid out plan of getting a pre worshipped Jazz has gone bust. But good news is I have 6.5L to buy a new car. Below are my requirements:
3.Should have a fun to drive quotient. Also good highway stability and ride quality.

Swift zxi, ritz zxi, brio vx mt, grand i10 asta o and tata zest I guess only xms will be within my budget.

Cars rejected:
celerio zxi opt- better cars available for fraction more.
Micra and pulse, Beat and sail- non existent in Goa.
Figo- outdated, petrol is underwhelming to drive.
Polo- pricey, 3 cyl engine, cost A.S.S
Fabia- NOPE
Elite i20- out of budget with safety pack.
Punto 1.4- again out of budget.
Liva- built to cost, not vfm.

Kindly suggest me which will be the best buy. And any other car I should consider. Car will be kept for at least 6 years so long term reliability is a must.
Well then, Grand i10 will be my pick for you. Next will be the Swift Zxi.
Old 11th September 2014, 20:53   #1001
BHPian

Quote:

Straightforward, this is, of the given options, the above criteria matches with one car - Swift ZXI. You need not think twice on this one, of course test drive all to see what suits your taste best, but given the parameters outlined, its Swift ZXI all the way.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:23   #1002
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest Zest but long term reliability is an unknown & unproven factor. Take a test drive before you decide. XMS is a fantastically loaded trim too.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 11th September 2014, 21:44   #1003
BHPian

Thank you for the quick response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Well then, Grand i10 will be my pick for you. Next will be the Swift Zxi.
Grand definitely has a premium feel about it. Plus its 20k cheaper than swift. But I think the acc, steering feel more than makes up for it. Plus the fixed head rest is a downer. And how about reports of ever increasing prices of hyundai after sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Straightforward, this is, of the given options, the above criteria matches with one car - Swift ZXI. You need not think twice on this one, of course test drive all to see what suits your taste best, but given the parameters outlined, its Swift ZXI all the way.
Swift is also my current pick. I guess I can live the cramped space and rattle issues. But how are the brakes on the zxi varient compared to say grand i10 etc? When is the facelift going to be launched and whether there will be price hike? Or is it advisable to go for the current one if the discount is good? Any offers on the current model that you know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I would suggest Zest but long term reliability is an unknown & unproven factor. Take a test drive before you decide. XMS is a fantastically loaded trim too.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Even though my usage does not warrant the need for a boot, the zest is very hard to ignore at that price point. Unfortunately no TD are being given. And as you said, after sales is question. Goa has only one service centre. Still I will keep an eye on this.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:36   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Swift is also my current pick. I guess I can live the cramped space and rattle issues. But how are the brakes on the zxi varient compared to say grand i10 etc? When is the facelift going to be launched and whether there will be price hike? Or is it advisable to go for the current one if the discount is good? Any offers on the current model that you know of.
Keeping these ASC's in Goa as a 'parameter to judge' apart, I think based on what you require, FTD, 40 km usage, 2 people in car, you should not have any complaint with Swift 1.2, since you are picking ZXI there is no reason for you to worry about brakes either, it is good for sporty driving, VXI has awe-full brakes. Grand has a sharper bite, but nothing against Swift ZXI brakes.
I think you may manage some discounts on current cars which will be waived off with the face-lift, I doubt they will increase the price, that segment is very competitive now.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:48   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response.

Grand definitely has a premium feel about it. Plus its 20k cheaper than swift. But I think the acc, steering feel more than makes up for it. Plus the fixed head rest is a downer. And how about reports of ever increasing prices of hyundai after sales?

Hyundai's after sales costs are increasing but then, have reports that swift repairs and service costs are also increasing. I suggested you Grand because 1.) Bigger boot. 2.) Better low end torque and equally good mid + high end in comparison to swift's 1.2k 3.) Premium feel.
Swift has 1.) ACC, 2.) better handling+steering, but I seriously feel people give too much importance to handling, because the speeds+curves combination on Indian roads are not very extreme. Highways rarely have sharp bends, unless you want to drive in ghats or hills.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks