Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 01:06   #511
BHPian

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Hello. I am looking to purchase a new compact petrol automatic car.
Hi Urban legend. Just wondering, is there any reason that you haven’t mentioned the Hyundai i20. It also could be one of the choices as it’s an able car with a fuss free after sales service. Apart from VW polo GT, VW Ameo could also be an option. It’s a compact car with good drivability and a dsg automatic. Ford freestyle is also an alternative though I am not sure if it comes in an automatic avatar.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 09:09   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello. I am looking to purchase a new compact petrol automatic car.
My options and noted negative points:
  • Baleno CVT: Low seating, build quality and interiors don’t feel premium
  • Honda Jazz: Sluggish to drive, poor visibility, interiors not at par with cost, dash and tech too similar to my CRV. New jazz will be coming within a year
  • Polo TSI: Low seats, long term reliability especially the DSG might not be good, Poor service record
Suggestions please
That rules out almost every car from the segment except Elite i20. What's your budget?

Grand i10 AT would be a great option as a city car and there are juicy offers(in range of 1L+) running currently. Next version mostly won't be a TC box, so the current one makes a lot of sense as a 2nd car. Its adequately spacious for 4 people & the 4 speed TC box is smooth. On highways it won't make the cut but for pure city use, its brilliant

Another suggestion would be the Venue 1.0 DCT. Top end would cost as much as the ecosport but if you are OK with lesser bells & whistles Ecosport Trend+ AT or Venue S DCT can be looked at for that higher GC & more powerful engines compared to premium hatches.

Quote:
Ford Ecosport: Too expensive for a second car, interiors loaded with features but don’t look or feel premium, DCT long term reliability unknown ).
Ecosport doesn't come with a DCT. It has the more reliable TC box now.

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th July 2019 at 09:12.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 09:37   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi Urban legend. Just wondering, is there any reason that you haven’t mentioned the Hyundai i20. It also could be one of the choices as it’s an able car with a fuss free after sales service. Apart from VW polo GT, VW Ameo could also be an option. It’s a compact car with good drivability and a dsg automatic. Ford freestyle is also an alternative though I am not sure if it comes in an automatic avatar.
The ameo has dsg only for the diesel engine. Not the petrol. Yes the freestyle does nt come with an automatic. The i 20 is not offered in the top end trim for the cvt so i have nt looked at it yet.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 09:41   #514
BHPian

The i 10 grand auto does nt have drivers seat height adjustment which I sorely missed in my test drive.
My budget is around 10 lakhs. The venue 1.0 auto dsg can be considered. But they dont have the top end trim in the auto. Will have to compare the features
Old 15th July 2019, 09:59   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The i 20 is not offered in the top end trim for the cvt so i have nt looked at it yet.
It is available in top end. i20 asta (o) CVT OTR at around 11.1L in Bangalore

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th July 2019 at 10:01.
Old 3rd August 2019, 09:41   #516
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
The i 10 grand auto does nt have drivers seat height adjustment which I sorely missed in my test drive.

My budget is around 10 lakhs. The venue 1.0 auto dsg can be considered. But they dont have the top end trim in the auto. Will have to compare the features

Try a Toyota Glanza V AT. CVT Box.
I got one for my folks a month and a half ago and they are extremely pleased with it!
And it is well priced, nice and roomy and comfy and is good to drive too. I like it because it ticks most of the boxes for my parents.
Old 3rd August 2019, 09:51   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Driver seat height adjustable was a requirement for my wife too. So we went ahead with Swift VXI AMT...height and visibility is very good. Infact better than my Ciaz.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 13:05   #518
BHPian

Test drove the venue petrol dsg -quite nice to drive , has some features lacking on the top end model(no rear wiper..definitely required during monsoons) and the width is perceptible when navigating through traffic. The i20 cvt asto 0, too, has all the bells and whistles and top quality interiors. But having used the honda cvt i just found the hyundai cvt quite sluggish. And visibility of the corners is not that great. My aspire trend mt had great visibility and was very nimble to drive in traffic.
I am planning to test drive the amaze petrol cvt next.
Old 21st November 2019, 08:08   #519
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
The i20 cvt asto 0, too, has all the bells and whistles and top quality interiors. But having used the honda cvt i just found the hyundai cvt quite sluggish. And visibility of the corners is not that great..

Most of the CVT AT cars have this serious irritant when overtaking. They take time to pick up as it were.
And irrespective, most cars today do definitely have a problem with visibility on account of the super thick A Pillars.
Old 27th August 2020, 22:56   #520
BHPian

Have I missed something or is there not a single automatic hatchback in India with 6 or more than 6 airbags?
Old 28th August 2020, 01:15   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Have I missed something or is there not a single automatic hatchback in India with 6 or more than 6 airbags?
If you consider diesel automatic then XUV300 has 7 airbags but if you forego automatic then the newly launched petrol XUV300 is also an option.
Old 28th August 2020, 07:43   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
You're right. Not a single hatchback comes with AT and 6 airbags. The cheapest automatic with 6+ airbags is Toyota Yaris J CVT at 11.8 lakhs ex-showroom.
Old 6th September 2020, 14:28   #523
BHPian

Which automatic car for around 8L?

Yet another which car thread.

My current car is a 2006 esteem, whose condition is such that if shown here I'll probably be kicked out. I stay in Thane, and my wife will be using the car for commuting to Palava regularly, and to lower Parel till trains start. After that I'll occasionally be using it to commute to BKC. Once we've spent on a new car, will certainly try to have some outstation trips on a regular basis (after things are back to normal)
1)Car will be carrying max 4 people for office commutes, and usually 3, sometimes 5 for family trips.
2) I plan to use this for a long time, at least 8-10 yrs. Hence an automatic is one thing I'm firm on.
3) Petrol preferred, will look into cng options as well.
4) Budget under 8L if possible.

I see only amt options in my budget, since Ford has ditched the Figo and aspire AT. From all the reviews here I understand Tata and Maruti amt are decent, and hyundai is a bit better. Current options I'll look into are wagon-r, Ignis, Tiago, Tigor, santro and nios. Would have a look at Nexon too though it's out of budget. Maybe the wife will be suitably impressed. Not keen on Nissan, and Honda doesn't have anything in this budget.

General thoughts and advice for my choices? How easy it difficult to adapt to amt while going up or down slopes? I understand hand brake is needed while going uphill, but what to do while going downhill?

Is now a good time to buy, or any new releases coming soon? I think diwali is still far away so no point waiting till then.
Old 6th September 2020, 14:57   #524
BHPian

Re: Which automatic car for around 8L?

I would say stretch you budget a bit and go for the Skoda Rapid Rider+ AT which is expected to launch with a price tag of around 9 lakhs.
You get an amazing 1.0 L fun to drive engine along with super sorted 6 Speed Torque Converter gearbox.
karan0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 15:00   #525
BHPian

Re: Which automatic car for around 8L?

When is it launching? The rider did click as an amazing vfm offering. I'll have a look at it as well. Though adding the mandatory for Skoda 6yr warranty package will take otr above 10L?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks