Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 10:53   #826
BHPian

Re: Automatic Hatchback for occasional, city runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
14 is still high expectation IMO from a petrol AT. 11-12 is what I expected while purchasing an AT back in 2019 and am happy getting that. Would have loved baleno’s numbers(my colleague has it & gets 14ish) but then thanks to its safety creds, settled with Jazz CVT.
Actually the Baleno (even the earlier gen) didn't do that bad in the NCAP if you go into the details. The body shell and the foot well was quit stable in Latin NCAP. Even in the side impact its the chest impact that brough the scores down. For more details on the score break up please see this video. With side and curtain airbags in the 2023 Baleno, hopefully this has been addressed.

Old 2nd February 2024, 16:07   #827
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Hello everyone. I'm looking for your advice on the best compromise. I am trying to replace our Vento 1.2 TSI DSG because it's 8y old now. I thought a hatchback makes most sense but am open to your suggestions.

Here are the needs:
Will be driven by my parents equally. Dad's a 70y old enthusiast but mom's a point A to B person.
Small footprint, so that my mother can park it in Kolkata streets.
Automatic. Has to be a dual clutch or a sorted TC. No CVT/ AMT (I've owned all 4 types).
New car, no headache for them since I don't live there.
Our cars (the other is a W204) will run a total of 10km a day. My road trips (the years I can make it) will not be in this one.
We don't employ drivers even for a day.

Now on the "compromise" piece. I think if some car fit all requirements, it'd have been easy. However, I think there's no one car that fits the bill and hence I reach out. I think the N line dct came close. However, driving it felt a big stepdown from the vento. There's no leap (not even a sprightly step) on flooring the A pedal. Plus the suspension is stiffer than the vento, albeit not a letdown.

The Virtus is a bit larger than I'd like for my mother. Dad didn't enjoy driving it since the A apparently doesn't respond that well (I disagree here). The Slavia "felt" better. I guess we are both petrol/ low range/ quick shift seekers. We are also not looking at any SUV or CSUV or car on stilts.

So I'm completely lost. I look forward to your views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks