Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2013, 22:27   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
..you could also consider the Pulse CVT which would give you a little more in the same package..
Thanks for the quick reply. Pulse does not come in CVT option. Also it will mainly be used for city and occassioal highway trips. Hence, E2O is being ruled out.
Old 9th September 2013, 00:31   #77
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

Need your help in finalizing the car based on the above criteria. Thanks in advance.
Going by your set of requirements, I would suggest you get your father a Nissan Micra CVT.

1. It is the most user-friendly of the lot. Your father will especially love its easy-to-drive nature.
2. It has just the right amount of space inside.
3. The CVT is smooth and quite fuel-efficient too.
4. It comes with the essential kit in XV trim.
5. Being Japanese, it should be high on the reliability front.

• The i20, despite having all the advantages of being a Hyundai, comes with a lethargic gearbox and wont be fuel-efficient either. Avoid it. Period.
  • Even though the Brio is an exceptional car in it's own right, it is a little small to be the only car of the family. As a 2nd car to be used only for short runs, the Brio is beyond reproach.
  • As it is based on the Brio platform, the Amaze is bound to be good. But going by our requirements, I do not think your father would need the boot. Also, with due respect, he might just find parking a sedan at his age a bit of a hassle.

However, please note that Nissan after-sales experience is not great as of now. Many forum members have mentioned horrible delivery experiences, servicing problems and many such issues in their ownership logs. Apparently, Hover Automotive, the company appointed by Nissan to manage the sales division is the root cause of the problem. Think of it before you make a decision.

You might want to go through these threads:

1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-horrible.html

2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...y-forward.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
You could also consider the Pulse CVT which would give you a little more in the same package.
AFAIK, the Pulse CVT is yet to be introduced to the Indian market.
mohitk1993 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 10:30   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Pulse does not come in CVT option. Also it will mainly be used for city and occassioal highway trips. Hence, E2O is being ruled out.
+1 to what Mohit says. Today to me the best option for a perfect city drive is the Micra CVT. They claim an FE of 15+ in city! That alone should swing it its favour. Add to it space, comforts etc.

And more importantly since its used as a city drive, the wafer thin Nissan network should not a big concern. (Concern yes. Big concern : May not).
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 11:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

A Micro CVT is a good option - only two issues, I hope he does not get annoyed by the rubber-banding, and a three potter is always a bit harsh.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:23   #80
BHPian

Had a test drive of Micra CVT and Brio AT yesterday. The later had some noice coming up (Odometer - 8000+kms). Do not know whether it was due to the tyres or engine noise coming inside. But, the CVT (Odometer - 156kms)felt more silent and spacious. Father and mother who sat in the rear of both cars liked the Micra CVT for the rear space and the boot space when compared to Brio.

Also, sat in the Amaze as well which has ample rear leg space. The final shortlisted cars include Micra CVT and Amaze AT, but leaning more towards the CVT. Any additional inputs in this regard are highly welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 10th September 2013 at 15:25.
Old 14th September 2013, 18:13   #81
BHPian

How does the Micra CVT and i10 AT compare ?.

We checked out the Micra XL and the family liked it for the ride, space and interior quality. Shortly will check out the CVT and i10 AT. The i10 AT Asta is being offered with free insurance etc and works out cheaper by 25K.

The Brio was ruled out for its showcase window rear and space and the Amaze AT seems expensive.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:13   #82
BHPian

I got the CVT for my wife. Was delivered yesterday. From what I recall when we test drove all the ATs in town, the CVT felt more spacious and upmarket.

Brio was a bit small and that rear window has been discussed a lot here already. And comparative features with the CVT were less.

We already have a manual A Star (which will be sold soon) so did not want the A Star auto.

And we found the i10 interiors to be very very cheap and down market though the offers given were good. Plus my friends wife drives one and she cribs about the pathetic FE of the i10 auto so we discounted that as well.

And we were not interested in the Ritz or the Amaze so cannot comment much on those.

But my personal opinion - among the 4 ATs we test drove, the CVT was definitely the best no doubt even though its the most expensive and definitely worth paying the 25 odd thousand premium over the Brio.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:16   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Had a test drive of Micra CVT and Brio AT yesterday.
The final shortlisted cars include Micra CVT and Amaze AT, but leaning more towards the CVT. Any additional inputs in this regard are highly welcome. Thanks.
I would like to make a small suggestion. Before you sign on the dotted line, get in touch with a few Nissan owners in your city and ask them about their pre-sales and after-sales experiences. Nissan certainly makes good cars, but its dealers are clearly a troubled lot.

Regarding the Micra CVT, it is a wonderful product and seems to be tailor-made for your parents' requirement. I'm sure you wont regret getting this beauty home.

And yes, congratulations in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
How does the Micra CVT and i10 AT compare ?.

We checked out the Micra XL and the family liked it for the ride, space and interior quality. Shortly will check out the CVT and i10 AT. The i10 AT Asta is being offered with free insurance etc and works out cheaper by 25K.

The Brio was ruled out for its showcase window rear and space and the Amaze AT seems expensive.
Even though the i10 might be cheaper than the Micra CVT, the 1.2 Kappa2 + 4 speed AT combo found in the i10 as well as the new Grand i10 is known to be a fuel-guzzler. Many BHPians have reported figures as low as 6 kmpl in city driving. I would personally suggest you skip the Hyundai twins and test-drive the Micra CVT.

If you intend to use this car strictly as a city ride and have another car for the highway runs, I would suggest you check out the Honda Brio. Its got a peppy 1.2L i-VTEC mated to a 5-speed gearbox found in the Honda City too. The 1.2 is known to be fuel-efficient and being a Honda, reliability is a given.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post
the 1.2 Kappa2 + 4 speed AT combo found in the i10 as well as the new Grand i10 is known to be a fuel-guzzler.
How do you know about the FE of the Grand i10 AT since it is not yet launched?
Old 14th September 2013, 23:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
How do you know about the FE of the Grand i10 AT since it is not yet launched?
The Grand i10 Auto will, in all probability, use the same engine+transmission combination found in the existing i10. AFAIK, no mechanical changes have been made in the engine or the gearbox. However, the vehicle itself is slightly heavier than the previous i10 and hence, one can assume it to give similar or even less fuel-efficiency figures.
Old 15th September 2013, 09:03   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
I got the CVT for my wife. Was delivered yesterday..
Congratulations for the CVT. Can you please give some details about your buying experience like colour opted, when did you book, how many days it took, etc and the initial driving experiences of the vehicle, cost incurred, any other offers availed, etc. Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 13:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for the CVT. Can you please give some details about your buying experience like colour opted, when did you book, how many days it took, etc and the initial driving experiences of the vehicle, cost incurred, any other offers availed, etc. Thanks
Also, can you update the size of the spare wheel.
Old 16th September 2013, 10:48   #88
BHPian

Checked out the i10 and the i10 grand. The Grand looks much better but no auto option yet. The salesperson discouraged us to go for the auto saying lesser fuel efficiency and also poor resale value. The i10 feels very much downmarket and cramped compared to the Micra. We were impressed with the i20 manual shift though felt less peppy than the Micra manual.

Now the status is that we will only go for the Micra CVT if opting for an auto tranny. If we choose manual, then Micra or i20.
Old 16th September 2013, 11:14   #89
BANNED

Considering your requirements for your parents the best bet would be the micra cvt. Amaze actually makes sense if at all you are planning to use the boot space. Apart from Nissan's horrible after sales service I don't think the micra cvt has any other problems. The i20 auto is overpriced and really doesn't make sense when you have the micra cvt available!
All the best
Old 16th September 2013, 12:09   #90
BANNED

I would say, for sheer performance, Polo TSI. For space and feature-richness, Micra CVT. For most basic and cheapest AT ( though not that bad and is fuel efficielnt ), A-Star. Other ATs fall between these three extremes.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks