Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2013, 21:43   #106
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch.

Gents! I am in the market again. This time with a very tight budget since I have to make an unplanned purchase for an automatic hatch for wifey due to her knee injury.

She has been driving a Chevy Spark for last 3 years and did only 17k KM. Will opt to exchange the Spark for a new automatic. Is A-Star good enough? or Should I look at a higher one like Micra or i10 Grand? I do not like i10 at all.
Old 14th December 2013, 22:18   #107
BHPian

A-Star if you can put up with waiting period is just great! Been driving it for 19000+ kms since Jan 27 2013 and its just great!
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 22:41   #108
BHPian

A-star is a better car if you have budget constraints. The car has been discontinued, you may find it tough to get one these days and be very cautious while buying as a few dealers may be having an old unsold stock.

If you can stretch your budget, you can go for Grand i10, it will be value for money. My wife drives an earlier version of i10, and we are extremely happy with the product and performance. The previous generation may not have your liking, but I am sure you will like the new grand i10.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 22:50   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
A-Star if you can put up with waiting period is just great! Been driving it for 19000+ kms since Jan 27 2013 and its just great!
Thanks! I am taking a test ride of A-Star tomorrow. Will need more of your advise post that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
A-star is a better car if you have budget constraints. The car has been discontinued, you may find it tough to get one these days and be very cautious while buying as a few dealers may be having an old unsold stock.

If you can stretch your budget, you can go for Grand i10, it will be value for money. My wife drives an earlier version of i10, and we are extremely happy with the product and performance. The previous generation may not have your liking, but I am sure you will like the new grand i10.
Thank you. I will consider Grand i10 as you advised. The old gen i10 is way too common here in Bangalore.
Old 14th December 2013, 23:10   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Is A-Star good enough? or Should I look at a higher one like Micra or i10 Grand? I do not like i10 at all.
I think A-Star is being faced out. I10 Grand is surely a good option. With good service it makes a very good choice. The other options being Brio/Micra. Micra mainly for CVT option (and hence amazing FE) and Brio maybe for the Honda reliability.

At one point in time, I was all out for the Micra. I think with Grand i10 the equation is surely changed. Some how the big glass on Brio rear does not impress me much (Thats my personal view though).
Old 15th December 2013, 00:26   #111
BHPian

I would say to avoid A-star. I recommend to consider Hyundai Grand i10 if you are ok not having ABS, Airbags and relatively lower FE than Brio/Micra. Otherwise, Honda Brio is to go for rather than Nissan Micra.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 02:29   #112
Senior - BHPian

A-Star is a brilliant product and as long as it will not be ferrying people around in the back too often, save your money and go for it. However, the car is offered only with ABS and EBD no airbags so if that is a priority, then chuck it.

Buy the Brio if you love how cute it looks, want the Honda reliability and need a fun to drive hatch.

Buy the Micra for that CVT box. The car is simply the easiest to drive in the city
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 11:33   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Gents! I am in the market again. This time with a very tight budget since I have to make an unplanned purchase for an automatic hatch for wifey due to her knee injury.

She has been driving a Chevy Spark for last 3 years and did only 17k KM. Will opt to exchange the Spark for a new automatic. Is A-Star good enough? or Should I look at a higher one like Micra or i10 Grand? I do not like i10 at all.
My detailed initial ownership report of Grand i10 AT is live now at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-wine-red.html Hope it helps you in your decision-making process.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 18:12   #114
BHPian

I'm in the market for a 2nd hand Auto Hatch for my wife. A little tight on budget & at the same time I want a reliable 2nd hand vehicle dont want maintenance issues. Recommendations anyone?
Old 21st January 2014, 19:03   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I'm in the market for a 2nd hand Auto Hatch for my wife. A little tight on budget & at the same time I want a reliable 2nd hand vehicle dont want maintenance issues. Recommendations anyone?
A-Star automatic. Reliable engine, not much to wrong, reliable car, reliable brand, reliable everything. They might have discontinued it, but the company will still make parts for atleast 10 years and with the engine being used in a lot of their vehicles, it shouldn't be hard to get parts after that too
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 22:29   #116
BHPian

I would go with Hyundai i10 Automatic. Reliable and low maintenance. Service centers across the country. You might have to drive a bit gently to get good mileage out of it though. Everything is great about the i10 except the mileage which is only ok/good but not great.
Old 22nd January 2014, 00:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the need is not really urgent, a nano CVT might be round the corner (as evident from the chatter on the web and this community). Should be the cheapest of the AT box hatches when launched.
Old 22nd January 2014, 05:55   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could also wait for a bit and see if Maruti is launching the automated manual transmission. Maybe an Alto with this could be something you could look at. Check out the thread on this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...mall-cars.html
Old 22nd January 2014, 06:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I will suggest you to go in for Hyundai i10 A/T. Since, the automatic variants do not have very high resale values compared to the manual transmission ones, you may get a good deal. I have seen that the price depreciates as much as 40% in two years.

The car is a fun to drive and absolutely zero maintenance.
Old 22nd January 2014, 07:43   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look for Santro Xing AT - single owner sparingly used. Those of 2003-2006 vintage have a bullet proof reputation.
My own has stood the test of time so well, that I am loathe to let it go for newer models/makes.
...until the government comes in and tells me to can it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks