Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 00:11   #196
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Thanks for the advice. How about Tata Zest AMT? Does this fall under 6 lakh mark?
I think Zest AMT by virtue of being a sedan will be pricier than the Celerio, even though it comes from Tata, only advantage here is possibility of getting safety features for the price increase.
When it comes to someone picking the skills, its better off with a simpler car, easier to drive, easier to maintain.
A lot find reversing a issue with car with higher boot, the Zest being one of them. The only downside I see in a Celerio AMT is the lack of safety features else is definitely a great pick for someone on budget and wanting a hassle free ride.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 3rd September 2014 at 00:19.
Old 4th September 2014, 05:06   #197
BHPian

Quote:
One of my friends wants to buy an AT car. He has a budget of 6 lakhs and not a penny more. He has I 10 AT in his mind. Any other suggestions from fellow bhpians are welcome.
So it is. My friend has finalised I 10 AT to be his first car. He was also thankful to all those who have contributed to this thread which has helped him to come out of the dilemma.
Old 4th September 2014, 09:17   #198
BHPian

Quote:
So it is. My friend has finalised I 10 AT to be his first car. He was also thankful to all those who have contributed to this thread which has helped him to come out of the dilemma.
In used car market ? Because i10 AT is not longer available and only option is Grand i10 AT.
Also last checked with a dealer in Mumbai, I got to know that only Asta variant is available in Grand i10 AT and OTR in Mumbai along with 3rd year extended warranty is 7.17 Lakh.
I don't know if he was bluffing about the unavailability of sportz variant in AT.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:27   #199
BHPian

when is elite i20 AT launching. am waiting for it
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:31   #200
BHPian

Was browsing through the specs of Ritz AT and came across this...... diesel AT. I think it must be in error, either that, or something new in the anvil?

Which Automatic Hatch?-ritz-diesel-.jpg

Source: Maruti Suzuki

Prajwal
Old 14th October 2014, 16:19   #201
BHPian

Seems like these are particularly bad times to buy an automatic car with safety equipments. i10 grand, Celerio and Ritz doesn't even have an options to buy automatic with an airbag! The only available car is Brio and I don't really want to buy that

I am really surprised!

Which Automatic Hatch?-screen-shot-20141014-4.09.43-pm.png
Old 14th October 2014, 18:40   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
Seems like these are particularly bad times to buy an automatic car with safety equipments. i10 grand, Celerio and Ritz doesn't even have an options to buy automatic with an airbag! The only available car is Brio and I don't really want to buy that

I am really surprised!

Attachment 1298827
The Micra is missing in this comparison. Micra comes with all safety features and a relatively modern CVT box ( although no fun under highway conditions). The other option with safety features is the xcent. But a different price band.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 19:29   #203
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like these are particularly bad times to buy an automatic car with safety equipments.
The only available car is Brio and I don't really want to buy that
MSIL and Hyundai aren't really keen on giving many variants on AT cars. It's usually the middle variant(sans safety features) which have ATs from these brands.

Why not the Brio? It's got a good 5 speed AT box and is a really good city car.
Please specify your needs so that all people in this forum can help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Micra comes with all safety features and a relatively modern CVT box
Micra is a brilliant city hatch, but it has an old school CVT box. The modern Auto-boxes are the ones from the Corolla(apparently has very less rubberband effect) and the ones on the Honda city.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 20:26   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
MSIL and Hyundai aren't really keen on giving many variants on AT cars. It's usually the middle variant(sans safety features) which have ATs from these brands.

Actually Hyundai used to offer AT in Magna / sportz / asta versions of the non vtvt kappa engined i10 when I bought mine. But it stopped with the i10 facelift - it was either safety features or AT after that.
Guess majority market's to be blamed!
Old 14th October 2014, 20:39   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Micra is a brilliant city hatch, but it has an old school CVT box. The modern Auto-boxes are the ones from the Corolla(apparently has very less rubberband effect) and the ones on the Honda city.
Agree. Maruti and Hyundai are the companies with the market power and volumes to help push the AT segment. But so far AT and safety seemed mutually exclusive. I think it is changing slightly with Hyundai offering the Xcent AT in the top variant and Maruti offering Ciaz AT in the ZXI version. But they need to get it down to the lower segments too.

When I said Micra CVT was modern, it was more in comparison to the even older 4 speed AT's that Maruti and Hyundai use. Within CVT's in India agree that Micra is the oldest and poorest.
Old 14th October 2014, 21:06   #206
BHPian

I am yet to buy a car and in same dilemma.
In hatch we considered the Brio AT but family did not like the look of car.
Grand i10 has not safety features
We liked the Xcent as it felt plush and boot was an added advantage. At that time, the S(AT) was like 7.8 Lakh OTR in Mumbai and SX(AT) was 8.6 Lakh.
If I were to buy an AT with safety, it would probably be Xcent SX(AT).
Yes i know it is not a hatch but we were always in for a hatch bur broadened our choice to small sedan as well.
Old 14th October 2014, 21:25   #207
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Actually Hyundai used to offer AT in Magna / sportz / asta versions of the non vtvt kappa engined i10 when I bought mine. But it stopped with the i10 facelift ...
Guess majority market's to be blamed!
That's ridiculously unfair to put the blame on the market.

We are a manual transmission obsessed country and we will be for maybe another decade or two(though many look for a AT city roundabout), because we love to see good FE numbers.

If ATs don't sell, manufacturers will reduce the number of variants. There's nothing we(as the customer) can do, except make a compromise-buy another car with less space or buy a car from a segment higher.
Old 14th October 2014, 22:35   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's ridiculously unfair to put the blame on the market.

We are a manual transmission obsessed country and we will be for maybe another decade or two(though many look for a AT city roundabout), because we love to see good FE numbers.

If ATs don't sell, manufacturers will reduce the number of variants. There's nothing we(as the customer) can do, except make a compromise-buy another car with less space or buy a car from a segment higher.
Umm - where did I go wrong then? market = we the pool of customers.
It's all free market economics - inspite of offering a product, if is there's no demand for it, why would any manufacturer keep on offering the same? Only increases the merchandising costs !
Old 15th October 2014, 14:54   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Micra is missing in this comparison. Micra comes with all safety features and a relatively modern CVT box ( although no fun under highway conditions). The other option with safety features is the xcent. But a different price band.
Micra is not in that image because that site allows only four cars to be compared at once . I was not considering it initially but now I will check it out, though 6.5L ex-showroom price is still a constraint. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:

In my case, the major issue with Brio is its price and appearance.

I am looking for a car for my wife and because we already own a comfortable sedan, Skoda Rapid, power and performance are not my priorities. My priorities are safety, ease of driving and the total cost of ownership. This car will mostly be used for a relatively small drive of office to home and would rarely, if ever, see the highway. I would have been totally happy with a 1.1L i10 or 1.0L celerio, only if they had a proper safety kit. My wife is absolutely enamored with new grand i10's looks so that is there too .
Old 15th October 2014, 19:35   #210
D4D
BHPian

Quote:

In my case, the major issue with Brio is its price and appearance.
I quite like the Brio's appearance. This is purely a personal choice. Some hate it, some love it and some learn to live with it.

Yes the Brio AT is expensive compared to competition.

Quote:
My priorities are safety, ease of driving and the total cost of ownership.
These are categories where Brio scores well. It's a compromise you have to make on these parameters or up your budget and look for another car.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks