Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 11:14   #61
Team-BHP Support

My Santro Xing AT has completed 7 years and 32K, the AT box is still untouched and working perfectly. And this is my 5th AT car in 17 years. In all my car trouble over these years, auto box on any car was never a cause of any concern.

Last edited by Samurai : 18th October 2010 at 11:54.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Perfect!.
Thanks for the nice feedbacks.

FE is not a big concern to me, Its only a second car, I will not use it beyond the city limits.
Yes, I will go for the extended warranty and I agree with your thoughts about resale.

I owned a Santro for 4+ years and i had a good relationship with local Hyundai ASC, I hope to continue with that.

We liked white and Black, let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Its time to work the papers, I will keep you posted friends.

BTW: I do not see a full TD report of i10 AT by Team-bhp at the Test Drives section, Is it there anywhere else?

Last edited by agbenny : 18th October 2010 at 12:13.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:46   #63
BHPian

Micra AT will likely be launched soon

When i was searching for Micra Automatic launch in India, i came across this link, Nissan Micra automatic India launch possible, Nissan Micra AT automatic small cars in India | DWS Auto India - it says "
Nissan is mulling an automatic variant of the successful Micra hatchback. Nissan India Managing Director and CEO Kiminobu Tokuyama told The Hindu Business Line that customer feedback suggests the need for an automatic version.

Nissan India will assess its business viability before taking a decision. But considering Nissan already exports automatics to European markets from its Chennai plant, bringing a Micra automatic shouldn’t pose much of a problem.
Automatics haven’t been too popular in India owing largely to the higher price tags and the belief that they return lower mileage. But the perception is now changing thanks to the higher purchasing power and the convenience it offers on congested urban roads."

I would suggest you to reconsider Micra AT and you may enjoy some exclusivity in buying this car...
Old 18th October 2010, 22:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

You can go in for i10 AT - best (and till some time back - the only) AT car at that price point. Try out the A-star AT too if you like.
Do not worry with the gearbox performance etc, and always opt for extended warranty.

Last edited by blackasta : 18th October 2010 at 22:27.
Old 18th October 2010, 22:48   #65
BHPian

There is a review of the new i10 VTVT version, read it, have a test drive, then decide. The VTVT engine should give better FE.
Old 19th October 2010, 06:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

I TDed AT version, and we (wife) like it much.

A-Star AT is not available in Coimbatore (I hope its not available anywhere in Tamilnadu) and dealers have no idea about its arrival to their showroom. So for AT there is no option.

I wonder why AT is still not popular among car manufacturers (!), i heard over 12 cars sold (i10AT) from a single dealer in cbe last month.

I am less worried about FE, as I do not think a point in doing so, riding in cbe roads are becoming horrible.

(PS: If you are passing by Mettupalayam road to reach Ooty, avoid it at least for another 3-4 months, 4 lane work is going on, and its a mess now)
Old 20th October 2010, 00:07   #67
BHPian

Time for an AT? Also looking for feedback on A-Star AT

Hi,

I am not very particular about AT, but with all the traffic in our metros these days, I was wondering if it actually makes sense to go for an AT. Also, I would vote for comfort and ease of use more than power and performance while choosing a car. But again, I wouldn't want to have too much of a cut in fuel efficiency.

Considering that the A-Star AT is now almost a lakh less than the nearest competition - i10 AT (after discounts), I have been trying to get some feedback on A-Star AT, especially it's fuel efficiency. I haven't been lucky to find anyone who owns an A-Star AT though.

Regards,
Kartik
Old 20th October 2010, 03:29   #68
BHPian

While I don't own one, I spoke to someone who does at my gymkhana. Apparently, the AT only comes in the Vxi trim + ABS and not in the Zxi trim - so no airbags. He told me it gives very good mileage as expected from Suzukis - considering it is still a 3 valve with a 1000 cc engine - I am sure the fuel efficiency would be quite acceptable. I think the plastic quality inside the A-star is quite sad though.
Old 20th October 2010, 09:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikthum View Post
Hi,
Considering that the A-Star AT is now almost a lakh less than the nearest competition - i10 AT (after discounts), I have been trying to get some feedback on A-Star AT, especially it's fuel efficiency.
Can you please post the on-road price (after discounts) quoted for A-Star Automatic in your city? "One Lakh Less" looks too ambitious.
I guess i10 Magna Automatic on-road price in Trivandrum is around 4.8 Lakhs. A-star Automatic may cost more than 4.5 lakhs, I think.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 20th October 2010 at 09:13.
Old 20th October 2010, 09:39   #70
BHPian

I am from Hyderabad. Ufortunately Hyundai pulled out Magna AT, and you can get AT only in Sportz & Asta now. If Magna was still available it would be worth considering it (but no ABS, integrated audio system etc..)!

For A-Star, I haven't yet negotiated the price further, but the dealer has quoted 4.92 on-road(approx). Sportz AT is 5.08 ex-showroom (while with discount of 27000, A-Star's ex-showroom price would be around 4.18 approx).
Old 20th October 2010, 09:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Update

Yesterday, we went ahead and booed i10 AT Sportz. Its 5,80,700/- on road. Not cheap for a small hatch in India, I believe it is also not a Premium hatchback.

We have no much options too. Also, everyone in family liked it, my Eight year old son liked (sleek) silver, we paid Rs.5000/- as advance.

Dealer says they can arrange 10K worth of accessories, But I do not believe it. :-)

I will open a separate thread when we get it delivered.

I tried to convince a professor and neighbor, he really liked i10AT, and we planned to book together. Their son came from Chennai, and compelled him to book an age old Swift basic model. Now he has to wait for another 4-5 months, which he really didn't like.

My sincere thanks to all team-bhp members who encouraged to buy it with their thoughtful comment.

By God's grace this is our 5th vehicle in 10 years, and 3rd car after joining team-bhp.

@Bottom Torque, Sorry that we didn't wait for a Micra AT. If its available now, that would have been our first choice, no second thoughts. Even A-Star AT seems to be far away, though it was launched.

Last edited by agbenny : 20th October 2010 at 09:53.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:10   #72
BANNED

It is due to our arbitrary 1.2l limit which is dissuading the manufacturers from launching AT versions of the higher hatches. Jazz AT (1.5l) was dropped for this reason. Let us hope the advent of the 1.6 Polo will persuade manufacturers to come out with bigger engines in hatches, and then ATs will naturally follow. i think there is a market for these cars esp. ATs. How about an A-klasse?
Old 1st November 2010, 02:03   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It is due to our arbitrary 1.2l limit which is dissuading the manufacturers from launching AT versions of the higher hatches. Jazz AT (1.5l) was dropped for this reason. Let us hope the advent of the 1.6 Polo will persuade manufacturers to come out with bigger engines in hatches, and then ATs will naturally follow. i think there is a market for these cars esp. ATs. How about an A-klasse?
I was looking for an A class or an Audi A2 used - would be ideal for Bombay i think. No luck.
Old 8th September 2013, 21:16   #74
BHPian

Jumping an old thread.

I was on the lookout for an automatic car for my father(68) who was driving Santro 2002 model which has completed around 93000 km and still going strong.
Considered the following cars. Main requirements are : space (rear in particular), safety, easy to drive, easy entry/exit and after sales service.

1) Initially was considering i10 auto and later shifted to Grand i10. Disappointed that automatic transmission was not launched yet. Do not know when it will be launched. Some say very shortly and some say do not know. When my parents saw the grand manual asta version, some how they did not like it.

2) i20 AT- Very much inclined on this as a hyundai loyal customer. But, i20AT being present only in sportz version and not asta, is a hindrance as sportz version has only 1 airbag (driver side) and not dual airbags. I do not want to compromise on safety. Otherwise i20 is everyone's first choice from the beginning.

3) Brio AT - I wanted to consider Honda after Hyundai as my current vehicle is City 2010 VAT and I'm completely satisfied with it. Hence, considered Brio but somehow felt it looked tiny by everyone. Hence it is left behind.

4) Amaza AT - Considered even this as its price is very near to i20 auto. The dashboard just looks basic and the rest is fine with little gizmos. This is still being considered.

5) Nissan Micra CVT - Went and had a look at cvt along with my parents and they somehow liked it considering space. The cvt comes with most features as well. Currently, this is the front runner.

6) Polo GT - Considered even this though price is very high considering it has a tsi + dsg combo. But, parents did not like it as they felt cramped at the rear. Hence, rejected.

Finally, the shortlised cars are : Micra cvt, Amaze AT, i20 AT.

Need your help in finalizing the car based on the above criteria. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 8th September 2013 at 21:20.
Old 8th September 2013, 21:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch.

I still feel you should go for the Brio AT, its an Amaze with the boot chopped off, it is a lovely design and will remain fresh atleast for a decade. There is a MPV also that is going to be launched on that platform, its got a good stance, wide and low

If I was to choose from your list, then it would be the Micra CVT. CVT gearboxes are less complicated than automatics and Nissan is on an upward swing, with the Micra Active and Terrano coming into the picture, you could also consider the Pulse CVT which would give you a little more in the same package

My Dad drives a Reva, and he is mighty satisfied with it, if your parents do not do long distances in their car, then you could even consider the E2O

Last edited by TheARUN : 8th September 2013 at 21:27. Reason: Adding text

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks