Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2019, 23:12   #46

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

I was also in the same dilemma considering the mouthwatering savings on the premiums of the 2 cars I own. So I called up my Hyundai service center and spoke to the claims manager and asked if he knew about acko or godigit. He told me that they do have a tie up with godigit. I went ahead and renewed with godigit. The thought if my claim would be smoothly honoured or not used to strike me often but one fine day it was time to register a claim as one SUV kissed the tail of my car. I had to make a claim on both of my cars on different occasions which was absolutely trouble free and quick.
Froogal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 20:31   #47
BHPian

I was trying to buy an insurance on Digit but am unable to see the break up or what would be the percentage of total expenses disbursed during a claim for various parts (like fiber, glass, etc). Also, they say 6 months repair warranty from garages within their networks. Again, how do i view the list of garages under them?

Their premium seems to be low but Acko's is way more lower. Now in a confusion as to which provider to choose!
Old 24th January 2020, 22:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Before I sold my Nano off in the end of 2019, it was running with an Insurance cover through Digit Insurance. Luckily, I have never made a claim on my car ever, and I just got my 50% NCB transferred for my next car, and gave the new owners all the rest of my policy benefits, including Own Damage cover.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-img20200101wa0009.jpg

Unfortunately, the new owner met with an accident (details here (Tata Nano Twist XT: 4-year ownership report)) a few days after the Ownership and Insurance transfer formalities got completed, and they had to claim insurance for the repairs. So, the new owners gave the car for repair to Tata Motors Workshop, and they coordinated with Digit Insurance guys about the repairs and estimate etc.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-img20200122wa0006.jpg

Finally, yesterday they had to do all the payment by themselves, and now Digit will reimburse them part of the amount, as per the policy, in claim for the repairs done.

So, it is not cashless, but they reimburse you for the repairs paid for directly in your account after the whole process is over. Not my personal experience, but when you sell your car to family friends, you get to keep in touch with the updates for how things are going.
AdityaDeane is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 11:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Their premium seems to be low but Acko's is way more lower. Now in a confusion as to which provider to choose!
Hi, which company did you choose finally? My Scorpio's insurance renewal is coming up in this month, and am also thinking of trying Acko or Digit. Leaning towards Digit, as this thread has quite a few posts with positive feedback about them.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th February 2020, 13:01   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi, which company did you choose finally? My Scorpio's insurance renewal is coming up in this month, and am also thinking of trying Acko or Digit. Leaning towards Digit, as this thread has quite a few posts with positive feedback about them.

Cheers,
Vikram
I would advice you to go with Digit given their response to my queries which extended well over a week. They were patient and helpful. Didn't hear anything from Acko.
I however chose to go with Future Generali. Reason being, the IDV showed by Digit was very low, a difference of around 4L, compared to what I was getting from FG and Royal Sundaram.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 21:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I would advice you to go with Digit given their response to my queries which extended well over a week. They were patient and helpful. Didn't hear anything from Acko.
I however chose to go with Future Generali. Reason being, the IDV showed by Digit was very low, a difference of around 4L, compared to what I was getting from FG and Royal Sundaram.
Thanks for the reply, abhi7013! Good point about the IDV, will remember to check that too when I get a quote from Digit, instead of just focusing on the (probable) low premium. Will also need to check their cashless coverage in Pune. Thanks again!
Old 26th February 2020, 00:25   #52
BHPian

Hello all
My car insurance is due next month and I was planning to renew from Acko, as I picked them up last year during renewal, given their low premiums and user friendly website.

Got a call from Acko yesterday, reminding me of the renewal and hearing the renewal quote from him, I just lost my temper.
My car was 7 years old Swift VDi. I had IDV of Rs.2,88,000 with addons of road side assistance and consumables etc. Paid approx. Rs.4900 last year.
This year, the maximum IDV they are offering is Rs.2,05,000 and premium quoted is Rs. 5,900.
IRDA has increased the third party premium, but that is only around Rs. 360 for this category. So Acko have decreased Rs.83,000 on the IDV and increased 1K on the premim. Double whammy!
All other insurers obviously are quoting in range of 7k except Digit which is quoting in the same price band as Acko, but giving IDV of Rs. 2,47,000. So thinking of going with them, also given the positive reviews here.

Just noticed one more thing. When you go to Acko through Amazon, the prices are much lower and IDV offered is better. I think this is to attract the first time buyer on Acko. Once you are their customer, they take you for a ride! Verified this with putting the same details, but after getting redirected through Amazon.
ontheway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 13:41   #53
BHPian

Hello
I just want to share the renewal experience with Godigit and how they still try to mis-sell even with all the precautions taken.

I generated a quote on Godigit website for renewal, and got a call from their agent when I did not proceed on payments page. When I told him that I am comparing IDV and final premium with other insurers, he told me that he can offer better rate than the one mentioned on their website. I asked him to send the proposal on email and let me think about it.
I had opted for Road Side Assistance (RSA) when I generated the quote on their website, which was also mentioned in their proposal form mailed to me by their agent, along with a payment link with discounted price.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-capture1.jpg

(Clarification: The car is in the name of my father, and he does not hold valid driving license. Thats why I did not opt for Owner-Driver Compulsory cover. You should always take this if you don't satisfy the conditions for not opting for the same.)
So, after checking all the details in the proposal form, I made the payment and sent the copy of RC and previous insurance documents, to update the new policy document.

But to my surprise, the final policy document does not contain any mention of RSA Addon opted for. When I contacted the customer support, they tell me that it is offered 'complimentary' with the policy and they have mentioned the toll-free number for RSA. It is proof that RSA is provided on the policy.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-capture2.jpg

I was furious at their explanation. There was no hint of this change in the policy by the agent when he offered small discount on the premium, also the proposal form mailed also clearly mentioned the Add-on.

I have now requested for cancellation of the policy with full premium refund, for which they have now asked for cancelled cheque and ID proof and can't tell me how much time it will take for refund. I am thinking of sticking with the cancellation and get the policy issued from Royal Sundaram or HDF Ergo, whose premiums were very slightly above Godigit or Acko. These unethical insurers take advantage of cumbersome refund process, and get away with lying and cheating, but I have ample time for expiry of my current policy, so will not allow them to get away with my money.

Feedback will be appreciated on this little issue.
ontheway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 16:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Acko auto insurance offers 1 month free policy extension

Acko General Insurance is offering a 1 month free policy extension on car and bike insurance. Customers who renew or are first time buyers of the insurance policy will need to pay only for 12 months and will get a 1 month extension at no extra cost.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-acko1200x600.jpg

Earlier, due to the Coronavirus outbreak and the subsequent lockdown, the Government of India had announced a grace period for premium payments for third party policies till April 21, 2020. The 1 month extension on tenure of third party and own damage policies will be in addition to that.

For existing customers, the time frame for availing the 1 month extension is for the full financial year (April 2,2020 to March 31, 2021). They will receive a 13-month policy. New customers can avail the 1-month extension on auto insurance till the lockdown period (April 14, 2020).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 16:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Amazon to begin offering auto insurance in India.

Amazon.com Inc's Indian unit on Thursday said it will begin offering auto insurance, making India the e-commerce giant's first market for the service.

Amazon Pay has partnered with private firm Acko General Insurance to offer car and motor-bike insurance, the company said in its blog.

The insurance is currently available on Amazon's app and mobile website.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...499667047.html
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:07   #56
BHPian

Both my car and two-wheelers are covered by Acko. I have been an Acko customer since 2018 and have had one claim experience on my car.

In terms of process, I should definitely say I was more than impressed at the smooth and efficient manner in which the entire claims process was handled.

My car had a damaged front bumper. Called Acko to register a claim and an inspection appointment was setup at the workshop where the car was being repaired.

The staff assigned for inspection contacted to confirm the same and arrived at the workshop at the specified time, captured photographs and processed the claim. Within a day, an email with claim acceptance and other relevant information was received. Since the claim was considered minor damage, the approved claim amount was transferred to my bank account subsequently.

Of my experience with other insurers, the only other claim I have made was with ICICI Lombard which again was a seamless experience.

Hence, I would rate both the insurers high but an extra brownie point to Acko would be for the low premiums quoted in comparison to other insurers.
Atom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 21:21   #57
BHPian

I checked Acko for insurance of my Tata Zest. Something which I couldn't understand was the charge of ₹5000 + File charges compulsary for each claim which to me is outrageous.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20201117211848_chrome.jpg

Is this their policy for everyone or was mine a special case?
Old 18th November 2020, 08:11   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I checked Acko for insurance of my Tata Zest. Something which I couldn't understand was the charge of ₹5000 + File charges compulsary for each claim which to me is outrageous.

Is this their policy for everyone or was mine a special case?
It is so because you have selected the 'smart saver zero depreciation plan'. If you don't like it, go for just 'zero depriciation plan' in which there won't be extra claim charges.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 09:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
It is so because you have selected the 'smart saver zero depreciation plan'. If you don't like it, go for just 'zero depriciation plan' in which there won't be extra claim charges.
I see. Unfortunately, I don't see an option of Zero Depreciation there. The only two options are comprehensive plan and third party insurance and the option of Zero Dep is not available in Add-ons as well.
Old 18th November 2020, 09:58   #60
BHPian

I had insured, with a comprehensive policy, our Grand Vitara with Acko for last year. When the time came for renewal in November 1st week I found the website totally unresponsive. Email complaints were also of no use as they kept sending me links that were for 3rd party cover and which were not working.
So I switched to New India Assurance.
Looks like they are facing budget issues for maintenance of website and customer services.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks