Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 16:28   #391
BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If you check the ICICI Lombard policy document, you will find the policy number which can be used for renewing online on their website. Unless you got the Insurance as a freebie. But still you should be able to renew the policy online.
It is not possible online. I checked it twice with the automated pop-up coming up saying I need to contact them via phone. And over phone they say it is not possible to renew the policy unless I visit them at their branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
HDFC Ergo is a comparably good Insurance co. I have them for my Punto. The claim process has been very smooth and even the insurance renewal process.
Thanks for the info. I too like HDFC overall as the other experiences with them have been all good.

Mostly, will opt for HDFC Ergo. The online quote is almost same everywhere. I am not sure how much negotiation is acceptable. Any tips?
Old 26th July 2018, 16:22   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
New entrant in the Insurance scene..

https://godigit.com/news/press-mentions

IRDA Nod given in Sep 2017. They are going all Digital for the entire Insurance process. I compared the premiums for my Alto (2005). They come out to be cheaper by ~Rs.200/- with better IDV. Anybody bought their cover ?

Problem I found is that they have Office locations in only two cities. Pune & Bangalore.

https://godigit.com/contact-us
After doing thorough research, I took a risk in renewing/purchasing my car (Vento TSI) insurance from Digit.

They do not have offices, and everything(including claim submission and verification) will be done on-line. Per my understanding, they prefer not to have any agents or surveyor/estimators.

The premium(for zero dep) was almost Rs.5500/- cheaper when compared to other insurance service providers (Compared with policy bazaar and my current insurance) and I got an higher IDV also. I had 25% NCB and had to provide my PAN number to claim additional discount.

God forbid, if I had to claim, I need to call their help-line, post which they will send me a link. I need to upload the damage/accident pictures in the link, and they will access the damage and provide us the way forward to repair the vehicle.

1. They will give us the preferred garages with whom they have a tie-up, and we can go cash-less
2. If they do not have any garages/service centers in the particular city, they will provide us an estimate, and if we are okay with the estimate, they will give us 70% amount up-front, and post repairs, they will refund the remaining 30% (on submission of the invoices and other documents).

I found their customer service pretty fast. While purchasing the policy, I had entered incorrect registration number of my car. Post my purchase, I called up their help-line, and they wanted the RC copy, which I mailed to them, while I was on the phone with them. I received a revised insurance copy with the correct registration number in 10 minutes, which is pretty fast service.

However, I hope, I will not get in touch with them again.

Last edited by cormodore : 26th July 2018 at 16:24.
cormodore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 12:41   #393
BHPian

Tata AIG Frustrating Experience

I recently had a very bad claim approval experience with Tata AIG.

Two weeks ago, while coming back from Pune to Mumbai on Monday morning, the Navi Mumbai stretch of the Mumbai - Bangalore National Highway wreaked havoc with its huge craters (NOT potholes). So much so that it was covered in the media as well. My Jetta went on one BIG crater and the front right alloy got bent enough for all of the air to leak. When I stopped at a local tyre shop, I found that the left rear alloy was also bent. Must have been from one of the many potholes on the road. Next stop VW ASS, where we found that the rear right alloy is also bent. So to summarise, front right alloy had a huge deformation and the two rear alloys were also bent.

The TATA AIG surveyor found a crack in the front right alloy and immediately said that it will be replaced. However, he will only recommend repair of the two rear alloy wheels and not replacement. To this, I got furious and told him that even VW does not recommend repair of alloy wheels. He said that he will get back to me with a decision in a day or two. 2 days pass and there is no communication from their end. So I called the surveyor on 2nd day evening and was told that I will get the decision by morning of the 3rd day. Well... 4 days pass and still no communication. So I called the surveyor again and asked him to let me talk to his senior. The senior first of all acted as if he knew nothing of my case. I got a little furious but explained him the entire story all over again. He then said that Tata-AIG have repaired alloy wheels in the past and that my case with the 2 rear alloys was no different. I then talked to the VW body shop advisor, who told me that VW will never recommend repair of alloy wheels but, he will not give that to me in writing. Just goes to show how deeply the insurance system has corrupted our auto industry.

Whatever happens next, one thing is for sure. I am NOT going to have any relationship with Tata-AIG anymore. Despite the big brands, they acted like conmen to me. Which insurance company would use "Jugaad" on an expensive and critical component such as an alloy wheel and risk the hardness / overall chemical integrity and therefore the safety?

I am still fighting this out with them but I am leaning towards finding Jetta wheels on OLX / scrap market and just not take insurance help with this at all.
Immix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 13:29   #394
BHPian

Has anyone taken a policy from Acko? See https://www.acko.com. Their premiums are significantly less. Their terms are also much more attractive than regular players. No B2B, only comprehensive with add-ons.
Old 11th August 2018, 03:38   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Has anyone taken a policy from Acko?
I had the same thought when I was renewing insurance just a couple of months back. However I remember reading somewhere that Acko insurance is valid only upto a radius of 50 or 100 kms from the city where you are buying the insurance from.
Please do check for any such clauses.

Regards,
Ayan.
Old 30th August 2018, 15:50   #396
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I have to do 2nd renewal of my X1 policy in the next 20 days, it was with Bajaj Allianz as delivered from dealer, 1st renewal with HDFC Ergo. Now I am considering Royal Sundaram. So far no claims which means 25% NCB.

My doubt is about the huge difference between direct website quote and email quote from their Chennai office. Online it shows Rs.50659/-, email quote from agent is Rs.42656/-. Thats a clean 8000 rupees difference for the same coverage, in diesel terms : good enough for a 1500 kms fuel in Sports mode

HDFC Ergo quotes 57781, almost 15k higher than Royal. All the discussed plans are zero depreciation with road side assistance etc.

Some inputs appreciated
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 16:41   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Acko's service is the best I've encountered so far(with respect to policy administration, not claims).

You could check them out.

My experience with HDFC Ergo has been rotten.

End of the day,they're all from the same basket.

The huge difference that one sees between one quote and another is the OD Basic premium; this is calculated as a % of IDV and this varies from 1.5-3.5%. Anything over 2.2% is a rip off.

Last edited by vigsom : 30th August 2018 at 16:45.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 19:18   #398
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning to renew insurance for the following cars:
1. Hyundai Tucson CRDi GLS AT - IDV 21.53 lakhs, insurance value 55.8k [incl tax]
2. Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX+ AT [petrol] - IDV 10.65 lakhs, insurance value 34.5k [incl tax]

Both are as per quotes from Hyundai itself, priced better than quotes I got online. Need help on:
1. Do these rates look ok for me go ahead with?
2. Which insurer - hyundai is ok giving same rates for multiple vendors, but I want to pick one which has better claim settlement? Hyundai says its either HDFC ergo or ICICI lombard though they have a wide choice available
Old 18th September 2018, 19:48   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
2. Which insurer - hyundai is ok giving same rates for multiple vendors, but I want to pick one which has better claim settlement? Hyundai says its either HDFC ergo or ICICI lombard though they have a wide choice available
Confirm with which of these Insurance co does Hyundai workshop have a cashless tie up and select accordingly. Both HDFC and ICICI have a good claim settlement history, either of them can be opted for.
Old 6th October 2018, 16:03   #400
BHPian

I am with Royal Sundaram for my car. The experience has been quite good so far. I have heard about the new age insurance companies like Acko and Digit. The quotation from Acko was almost half of the renewal quote from Royal sundaram. It seems to be too good to be true? Any thoughts regarding the same would be appreciated.
Old 9th October 2018, 07:07   #401
BHPian

I finally went ahead with Royal Sundaram. My experience with them has been excellent so far. I did not go with Acko this time because 1. Uncertainty regarding manufacturer's tie-ups. 2. New in this market. 3. Zero depreciation only recently offered. 4. You might consider this incase your IDV is low.
A few tips for renewing Insurance 1. Always speak to the customer care for better deals. They do have some flexibility regarding pricing. 2. Keep the IDV near the market value of the car. 3. Take a NCB protector rider incase you have accumulated one. I made this blunder and lost the 50% NCB which i had painstakingly acquired.
Old 18th October 2018, 02:34   #402
BHPian

Greetings! How's Coverfox? Been seeing a lot of their ads.

Saw a similar advert as Coverfox on facebook, forgetting the name of that agent now.

How much should be the premium for Sept 2009 (Registered April 2010) Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack for an IDV of approximately 2 lakhs (I have 50% NCB)?

I am in Delhi and the car is registered here.

Thanks!
Old 22nd October 2018, 20:31   #403
BHPian

BHPians, is anybody having experience with GoDigit Insurance? My Baleno is completing three years in another 2 weeks and am contemplating on going with them as their quote is really competitive. Any heads up would be really appreciated.
Old 23rd October 2018, 07:57   #404
BHPian

Mine is with Royal Sundaram via Maruti insurance. I am moving to an apartment in a week and will be parking in basement 2, which is prone to water logging. I want to add water logging to the coverage. Their website doesn't have a mention of this. Any suggestions ?
Old 23rd October 2018, 08:09   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Mine is with Royal Sundaram via Maruti insurance. I am moving to an apartment in a week and will be parking in basement 2, which is prone to water logging. I want to add water logging to the coverage. Their website doesn't have a mention of this. Any suggestions ?
Royal Sundaram has an add on cover called Engine (Aggravation) Protector Coverage which will suit your requirement. The details are available on their website, check the link below.

https://www.royalsundaram.in/car-ins.../add-on-covers

The add on cover is available only for cars upto 3 yrs of ownership. If Maruti is not offering the same, you can buy the Insurance directly from Royal Sundaram on their website and choose the add on package
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks