Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2018, 13:43   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Now that the car is going to cross 06 years of ownership, I am wondering whether I should continue with a Zero Depreciation plan or get regular Comprehensive plan?
If you are getting zero depreciation add on cover, then you should take it. Generally Insurance co do no offer zero dep add on cover after 5 yrs of ownership, so the add on cover will come at a huge price.

Your ideal IDV should be around 3.3L, would suggest to get a quote for this IDV. You could lessen the premium cost by comparing the quotes from other Insurance cos.
Old 6th February 2018, 13:27   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If you are getting zero depreciation add on cover, then you should take it. Generally Insurance co do no offer zero dep add on cover after 5 yrs of ownership, so the add on cover will come at a huge price.

Your ideal IDV should be around 3.3L, would suggest to get a quote for this IDV. You could lessen the premium cost by comparing the quotes from other Insurance cos.
I renewed the insurance for an IDV of 3.0 lakhs with Zero Depreciation from Iffco Tokio which costed me 15k.

Thanks for your help.
Old 19th February 2018, 11:15   #378
BHPian

New entrant in the Insurance scene..

https://godigit.com/news/press-mentions

IRDA Nod given in Sep 2017. They are going all Digital for the entire Insurance process. I compared the premiums for my Alto (2005). They come out to be cheaper by ~Rs.200/- with better IDV. Anybody bought their cover ?

Problem I found is that they have Office locations in only two cities. Pune & Bangalore.

https://godigit.com/contact-us

Last edited by wolf_lone : 19th February 2018 at 11:20.
Old 19th February 2018, 12:17   #379
BHPian

As per News articles they claim to have physical presence in 12 cities right now even though they cover vehicles all over India.

Also I found that they are giving BONUS IDV for same premium price just by asking a simple question to drive safely & 5% discount on OD Premium if you give your PAN No. while applying.

ADDITIONAL Benefits Built-in Coverage: -

VIP Care
Pick up, repair & drop with 6 months
repair warranty OR 80% advance
cash for repairs

VIP Travel
Inbuilt daily conveyance benefit, after claims
assessment upto 3 days (Cab vouchers of 200/- Per Day)

VIP Breakdown Care
This service has benefits*
designed to give you an end to end care
while you're hassled on the road.

• Spare key
• Flat battery
• Flat tyre
• Medical coordination
• Minor repairs
• Fuel assistance
• Towing facilities
• Taxi benefits
• Urgent message relay to relatives
• Accommodation benefits

I took an estimate for my HONDA City (2009).
On paper it looks all good but has anybody bought from them ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 19 Feb 2018_201802190632_QuoteDirect.pdf (410.8 KB, 645 views)

Last edited by wolf_lone : 19th February 2018 at 12:18.
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:10   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir, would appreciate your assistance please for my car's insurance renewal. I went through couple of your earlier posts and read where you had mentioned that ideal IDV should be around 10% less than the last year's

I had bought my Kwid last year and the insurance was from HDFC ERGO (IDV : 350000 with Zero Depreciation at 1225)

Likewise for the renewal, the IDV has been quoted at 315000 and the same is offered by HDFC ERGO at Rs 9678 (with Zero Depreciation cover at 1103). Till now it was OK with me, but with just one hiccup.

They are forcing me to take the Emergence Assistance.

As per the Customer care, Emergence Assistance is something I have to compulsorily take along with Zero Depreciation. Renault provides free road side assistance and towing for three years since I have extended warranty with them and therefore I am not much interested in their Emergence Assistance.

Can you please advise how to proceed in this scenario so that I can renew the insurance with HDFC ERGO with only the Zero Depreciation and sans their Emergence Assistance?

Best Auto Insurance service provider-insurance.jpg
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:21   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

As per the Customer care, Emergence Assistance is something I have to compulsorily take along with Zero Depreciation.
Can you please advise how to proceed in this scenario so that I can renew the insurance with HDFC ERGO with only the Zero Depreciation and sans their Emergence Assistance?

Attachment 1733964
Are you renewing online on HDFC Ergo website? It beats me as to why the additional add on cover is forced down your throat. Have you raised the issue with the Customer care?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 16:35   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you renewing online on HDFC Ergo website? It beats me as to why the additional add on cover is forced down your throat. Have you raised the issue with the Customer care?
I am trying to renew from the online portal of HDFC ERGO. I have already taken up the issue and below is their first response

"We wish to inform you that, you have opted for zero depreciation in your policy 23xxxxxxxxx18200. However, emergency assistance is mandatory hence system is not allowing to de-select the option for the same. "

This email response is clearly faux and more is awaited on this from their end.
Old 23rd February 2018, 08:13   #383
Senior - BHPian

I got the latest response as follows :-

"We wish to inform you that, Emergency Assistance cover will be mandatory, if zero depreciation plan is opted."

Basically they are repeating the same statement.

Here are the combinations :-

With Zero Depreciation + Emergency Assistance

Best Auto Insurance service provider-emergency-assistance.jpg

Just the Emergency Assistance without the Zero Depreciation cover

Best Auto Insurance service provider-without-emergency-assistance.jpg

Now if I back track, I suppose that there is a loss of approx 1000 rupees with this emergency support. What to do?

Another question I have is by when do I have to renew the insurance. As per the policy, it expires on 8th March. So should I renew before that or do I have some grace period of 10-15 days as per the motor vehicles act.
Old 20th March 2018, 09:25   #384
BHPian

ICICI Lombard: Extremely poor service

I renewed my car insurance with ICICI Lombard online. Filled a form with all required details. After making the payment and downloading the policy, I see that the nominee name is completely different, and unrelated to me. I don't even know that person who is shown as nominee!

In spite of multiple requests over online chat (with a valid complaint number) to change the nominee, it's still not resolved after one week. Now they are saying it will take another 10 days. Will never go with them in future.
Old 10th April 2018, 08:56   #385
BHPian

An update to the above post. The issue wasn't resolved even after multiple follow ups.

So finally sent a detailed mail to IRDA - http://www.policyholder.gov.in/Report.aspx#, with a CC to ICICI Lombard (BTW, there's an option to fill in the complaint directly, which may be more effective - http://igms.irda.gov.in/WebPages/Pol...erDetails.aspx). I also attached as proof, the online chats I had with their customer service executives, and the complaint numbers.

That's all it took for ICICI Lombard to swing into action. The same evening, I received a call from a little higher up in the chain, apologizing for the trouble, and promising to resolve the issue in 48 hours, and a direct telephone number if it wasn't resolved.

Though they did give a "correction" letter in 48 hours, I still don't have the original policy reflecting the changed nominee. A mail to them on this has again gone unanswered. Looks like another battle ahead.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 17:43   #386

I had to renew the insurance for my 2017 Baleno at the start of this month. So as most cautious owners, I spent a good amount of time reviewing and shopping online for best quotes. Maruti Insurance quote was a bit expensive in comparison to other quotes I received from Coverfox and Policy Bazaar as you do not get an option to play around with the IDV with MSI.

My preferred insurance companies were HDFC Ergo, Bajaj Allianz & TATA AIG. My main requirements were Comprehensive coverage, Zero Dep, Roadside Assistance, and Return to Invoice. Given these requirements, I compared the policy quotes from all major insurance companies and finally decided to go for Kotak Mahindra I know it wasn't in my initial preferred list but with the special discount that they were offering, I changed my mind. Even without the discount, they were more affordable than HDFC and Bajaj. With Return To Invoice ad-on, I was able to reduce my IDV slightly and still have peace of mind.

Would love to hear about your experience with Kotak Mahindra in case anyone can share some recent ones.
Old 14th May 2018, 18:24   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

As per the Customer care, Emergence Assistance is something I have to compulsorily take along with Zero Depreciation.
Its time for my Punto's insurance renewal with existing Insurance co being HDFC Ergo. When I checked on the website for renewal, I was not allowed to choose zero depreciation even since I had a claim in the existing policy year. Online chat with the customer did not yield any positive outcome. HDFC rep called me for renewal enquiry and that when I blasted them for the issues I was facing with online renewals. He immediately arranged for the addition of zero dep add on cover to the renewal premium but I confronted him about the stuffing of emergency assistance compulsorily along with zero dep add on. He sent 2 links to renew the policy - one with zero dep only and one with zero dep + emergency assistance add on. Thinking about going for Emergency Assistance also considering that Punto is out of extended warranty and RSA.

Anyone used the Emergency assistance services from HDFC Ergo?
Old 25th May 2018, 20:36   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
VIP Breakdown Care
Hello wolf_lone, Not sure if you have bought the insurance from them.
Even I was in the process of renewing the insurance for my car and found their quotes to be quite competitive.
Out of curiosity, I spoke to their customer care regarding the Breakdown Care. It seems that the insurance covers for car breakdown within 500km radius of Bangalore. That itself was a major decision changer for me.
Unlike other insurance providers, RSA (or Breakdown Care) is not valid pan India, yet.

Regards,
A.
Old 5th June 2018, 16:03   #389
BHPian

First renewal of my car's (3GT) insurance is due this month end. Spoke with ICICI Lombard folks today as the current policy is from them. They can not renew the policy online or on phone as the current policy is through the car dealer. They asked me to come to the branch if I want to renew directly with them. I neither have the time nor interest to spend time at their branch.

How is HDFC Ergo insurance? Have been hearing about it quite a lot now but don't have any experience. Other option is Bajaj alliance which I have been using for past few years now.
Old 5th June 2018, 16:20   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
First renewal of my car's (3GT) insurance is due this month end. Spoke with ICICI Lombard folks today as the current policy is from them. They can not renew the policy online or on phone as the current policy is through the car dealer. They asked me to come to the branch if I want to renew directly with them. I neither have the time nor interest to spend time at their branch.

How is HDFC Ergo insurance? Have been hearing about it quite a lot now but don't have any experience. Other option is Bajaj alliance which I have been using for past few years now.
If you check the ICICI Lombard policy document, you will find the policy number which can be used for renewing online on their website. Unless you got the Insurance as a freebie. But still you should be able to renew the policy online.

HDFC Ergo is a comparably good Insurance co. I have them for my Punto. The claim process has been very smooth and even the insurance renewal process.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks