Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2005, 16:39   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

thats really disheartening to hear about such incidents.. the lesser said about our law enforcement system the better ..

even my parents have had a horrid experience with the ICICI credit card division .. Mom had purchased some stuff for 40k thru her credit card and finally after a few days she decided to close down the account .. So they visited the main branch after running thru a million of the local branches .. Like ported said there is not one person who will attend to ur problem.. Everytime a diferent person will attend to it and hence there is no continuation whatsoever .. So when we went to the head office to cancel the card they asked us to pay the entire amount and we did ..

Now the guy took the credit card,cut it and dumped it in the dustbin .. Then when we asked him for the closing statement they backed out saying that it had to come from the hyderabad and hence it would be sent via post .. Its been 4 monts as of now and they keep sending statements saying that the balance is still around 20 k with all fines and stuff added.. When we took them up sternly they figured out that the guy who collected at the office had left the company and hence we had to pay the due amount yet again.. Furious we have spoken to a few top officials and are yet to get back a conformation from them.. They still insist that we pay the due amount and get the closing statement on spot at the bangalore head office.. Well thats exactly the way they cheated us already by bluffing that the statement would be sent via post.. All in all it was a horrendous experience and with that my mom even closed down her ICICI debit card account and bid adieu to ICICI forever ..

These guys are CHEATS !!!! about time someone teaches them a lesson ..
Old 30th December 2005, 16:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

hey rtech, read ur post, must say that you have writeen it beautifully, without using loud words and without sounding cheap your have made your point.
and the way in which you have posted, point to point and time frame totime frame its very well writeen,
and about your exp with ICICI bank, dude i think dats d point with any insurance policy, you need to have contacts with the surveyars to make your life simpler. not taking their side, but m telling that we have to select the best from the worst. just like our politicians.
none the less well written post. and very informative.
Old 30th December 2005, 16:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Its been 4 monts as of now and they keep sending statements saying that the balance is still around 20 k with all fines and stuff added.. When we took them up sternly they figured out that the guy who collected at the office had left the company and hence we had to pay the due amount yet again..
Did you pay the money with cheque or cash? If by cheque, throw the bank statement in their face. If by cash, you should have a receipt.
Old 30th December 2005, 17:11   #34
Joz
BHPian

Mclaren, didn't they give you a receipt?
Old 30th December 2005, 17:28   #35
dev
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Rtech, Sorry for your bad experience with ICICI.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I have bad experience with my CAR/Home loan with ICICI. A total of 70K loss.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Car loan: 20K[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Home loan: 50K[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]This need to blame the marketing person who handled it badly and in the end I am paying the price. No proof to sue them. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I already told about this in another thread and people took on me for a ride. Please be aware of ICICI. Thats what I can say.[/SIZE]
Old 30th December 2005, 17:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
But I have had my share of problems with ICICI credit card, which was fought for about 8-9 months. Can you believe that there is not a single authority in entire Pune, who can sit across table and discuss credit card issues? You wouldn't, but I learnt it the hard way.

Hey RX, doesn't this help? http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/Public...w.aspx?id=4368
Old 30th December 2005, 17:45   #37
BHPian

hey rtech,
i am shocked to read about ICICI's behaviour though i never dealt with ICICI before, i still remember that morning when we all left the police stn with sign of relief and smile on face that all formalities were over and all further things would go smoothly but.... you had more surprise awaiting i just can imagine in what state you must be now.
but dont get dishearted lets all face this situation its going to be a long battle
to be won. why dont we meet up and chok out some plan,what say guys,GtO,viper,dippy,aditya,ported.
I know most of us must have planned for their 31st night but still we can meet up on 1st.
Old 30th December 2005, 17:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

How the hell can ICICI link your incident to motorsports? The extent to which people go to in order to save a few bucks is astonishing! Shame on ICICI!
Another incident involving the police took place yesterday. A biker was knocked down by a bus near Shivaji Park, Mumbai. The rider and his bike fell in different jurisdictions. The bloody police from Shivaji Park and Mahim kept arguing about who should take the case while the poor biker lay on the ground and bled to death.
Who needs enemies and terrorists when you have such fellow countrymen?
Old 30th December 2005, 18:06   #39
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rocam. We can all meet whenever you guys are in town. I should be meeting with the lawyer on Tuesday and will update everyone as to my line of fire then.

These guys are not aware of the collective power of Team-bhp.
Old 30th December 2005, 18:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
The issue was sorted out finally around 6 months back. Anyway! Any government legal document is a real pain to read and understand, leave aside interpret it in legal way.
Old 30th December 2005, 18:20   #41
Max
BHPian

Icici Bank Is Worst Bank In India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale
This is very sad Rtech and disgusting the way, so called most professional banks in India behaves.
Your above statement about ICIC is very true and your bad experience just proved my decision of NOT to go with ICICI for home loan is very correct .
ICICI is the worst bank in India. Apart from their bloody sales agents marketing calls who wants to sale credit card, insurance, banking, home loan etc., etc., they are the most unprofessional people after government companies I have ever dealt with.

I had extremely bad experience with ICICI home loan department. They gave me lots of, lots of, run around after they beg for my home loan application. There negligence cost me about 5 lakhs.

They forcefully sent my mom an credit card (without application) and afterwards sent us credit card yearly fees in the following statement. We really had to make them lots of calls to get this card returned and cancelled because we never applied for it !

And after reading your incidence I will NEVER DEAL with ICICI or any person related to it and will ovoid them like plague.

HSBC on the other hand has always proven to be reliable and very helpful. There staff is very courteous and they kind of know person whenever they deal with you. They store whole information about customer in central database and no matter where you deal with them in the world they know about you and your credit in advance.

ICICI SUCKS. HSBC ROCKS.

Last edited by Max : 30th December 2005 at 18:24.
Old 30th December 2005, 18:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rtech, thats a sad incident. I wasn't really surprised to read about the police. But what surprised me is the behaviour of ICICI, i think this should be made public so that other people also be aware about their practices.
Old 30th December 2005, 18:32   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How the hell can ICICI link your incident to motorsports? The extent to which people go to in order to save a few bucks is astonishing! Shame on ICICI!
I suspect it had somehting to do with the Airtel Rally which ran in May. I was after ICICI to give me rally cover insurance so I could use my car for the event. At that time as well, I was given the run around and denied the cover. We finally had to take a friends car.

Also, before they sent me the letter denieng the claim, they had called me, asked me if I have taken part in a rally, and put the phone down. Its obvious what they had in their minds at that time itself.

Last edited by Rtech : 30th December 2005 at 18:38.
Old 30th December 2005, 19:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Well, it seems we have someone connected to ICICI??
No, I dont have any personal transactions with ICICI at all. I had very bad experience with ICICI on credit card division as my MD owned a ICICI credit card. Thats a big story & still running for the past 3 yrs or so. They themselves gave up after trying to harass us in various means. I mentioned as "still running' because they may even take it up after a year or so

Quote:
Sorry, Surprise, I'm not sure how you would react, but I had no intention of driving off. The thought never crossed my mind.
It has happened purely because the driver handled the car with carelessness. Injuries suffered is only minor & they themselves can manage. Its not driving off, just moving away from the place

Quote:
Yes I do. My company has a car loan from ICICI. Just recently they wanted to pay off that loan. To get this done took them 2 months of calls, letters, personal visits.
This reminds me one of my previous experience. I has strucked a deal for a second hand car which was in hypothication with ICICI. Seller said that he will clear the hypothication & sell the car to me. When he contacted the bank, he was told "x" amount needs to be settled to clear the hypothication & next day when he went to the bank with DD, they refused to accept it saying a different amount needs to be settled with a different calculation. Like this he was sent back two times ( Two DD's he took and returned back). Finally they told him to pay some 3% prepayment penalty coming up with some new law (earlier it was some 1.5%). He asked me to look for a different car ( he is a very nice person). He was telling me that he will file a suit against them. I felt sorry for that guy

As a community we need to something about this to make them realize that they cant take it granted with all

Last edited by Surprise : 30th December 2005 at 19:08.
Old 30th December 2005, 19:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

I know nothin about banking so, it wouldn't make any sense in me commenting on this. But, it's pretty clear that what they're doing is very wrong.

And what can i say about the law. When people who follow the rules are getting charged, whats the point of having them in the first place.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks