Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 00:40   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Polo with new bluetooth stereo & steering mounted controls spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the Polo 2011 model already equipped with Electronic adjustment for mirrors ? Its nice to see VW adding features to the Polo. They are taking customer feedback seriously
Yes the Polos have been coming with electric mirrors.

IMO all of these should have been there from the beginning. Silly of VW to under equip their entry level cars this much when their other cars like the Passat are taking features to a new level for its segment.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 08:07   #17
Team-BHP Support

I saw a Polo with a "New Polo" plate driving into the VW showroom yesterday. Seems these add-on features are to be launched soon.
Old 7th June 2011, 09:19   #18
Nan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I saw a Polo with a "New Polo" plate driving into the VW showroom yesterday. Seems these add-on features are to be launched soon.
The current polo is also called the 'New Polo' in India and the cars in the showroom have the same plate. Did you notice any changes apart from the plates?
Old 9th June 2011, 08:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
The current polo is also called the 'New Polo' in India and the cars in the showroom have the same plate. Did you notice any changes apart from the plates?
No. I couldn't stop by to take a look. Will do so next time I pass by the showroom.
Old 9th June 2011, 08:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre

No. I couldn't stop by to take a look. Will do so next time I pass by the showroom.
Actually, last week when i went to the showroom to enquire about 1.6 , they gave me a brochure which said " the new polo" but it didnt have any new features.

So i presume they must have been calling their Polo, as the new Polo since the inception.
Old 9th June 2011, 10:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Does this imply that we can expect a Vento face-lift soon, with steering mounted controls, bluetooth and a new audio system? Anyone has information on that?
Yes. Sometime in July-August is when the upgraded Vento launch is planned, apparently. The upgraded vento is likely to include new HU, Steering mounted controls, leatherette seat covers as an option, USB plug in glove box, and other goodies. Have heard that semi-smoked headlamps may be on the menu .

In addition to addressing the common complaints of current Vento owners, this will also probably be an effective way to differentitate the car from its Skoda Rapid cousin, due for launch soon enough. It is the Skoda-branded sedan on Polo platform that is due for launch soon- several spottings reported of the black-and-white-pattern-draped Rapids being tested around Pune in the past couple of months.
Old 9th June 2011, 10:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Yes. Sometime in July-August is when the upgraded Vento launch is planned, apparently. The upgraded vento is likely to include new HU, Steering mounted controls, leatherette seat covers as an option, USB plug in glove box, and other goodies. Have heard that semi-smoked headlamps may be on the menu .

In addition to addressing the common complaints of current Vento owners, this will also probably be an effective way to differentitate the car from its Skoda Rapid cousin, due for launch soon enough. It is the Skoda-branded sedan on Polo platform that is due for launch soon- several spottings reported of the black-and-white-pattern-draped Rapids being tested around Pune in the past couple of months.
Thanks, noopster; wish they did something about the transmission hump as well.

Did you get the information on Vento from the dealers? Also, when is the approx launch for Skoda Rapid? Here in Bangalore, the VW dealers are hardly informative, and; one anyway first has to reach them, which is a difficult task in itself!

My friend settled for SX4 after repated calls to VW dealers, all of which went unresponded.
Old 9th June 2011, 10:43   #23
BHPian

Read in this June 2011 edition of Autocar India that Polo is coming with the all-new 4-cylinder 1.5l TDi diesel powerplant which will eventually replace the Noisy & sluggish 1.2, 3-cylinder TDi engine which currently powers it.
Does anybody knows here that when its going to be launched ?
Old 15th June 2011, 11:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Read in this June 2011 edition of Autocar India that Polo is coming with the all-new 4-cylinder 1.5l TDi diesel powerplant which will eventually replace the Noisy & sluggish 1.2, 3-cylinder TDi engine which currently powers it.
Does anybody knows here that when its going to be launched ?
Here is the MotorBeam take on Polo 1.5 TDI, they says the new 4-pot engine will produce some 94bhp and will come only as topend variant - HL with a premium of 35000/- only, over the current HL model.

Volkswagen To Launch Polo 1.5 TDI
iSpoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 12:17   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Thanks, noopster; wish they did something about the transmission hump as well.
I doubt it. The transmission hump is integral to the design apparently. But as a Vento owner, once you accept that the middle rear seat can accomodate a child only, you get used to it

Quote:
Did you get the information on Vento from the dealers? Also, when is the approx launch for Skoda Rapid? Here in Bangalore, the VW dealers are hardly informative, and; one anyway first has to reach them, which is a difficult task in itself!
Ha! No different over here, getting any info from VW dealers is like pulling teeth. From a snooty dentist no less!

Quote:
My friend settled for SX4 after repated calls to VW dealers, all of which went unresponded.
Sad, but it's par for the course for VW dealers. Almost all of us have some similar story to report.

Last edited by noopster : 15th June 2011 at 12:18.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Here is the MotorBeam take on Polo 1.5 TDI, they says the new 4-pot engine will produce some 94bhp and will come only as topend variant - HL with a premium of 35000/- only, over the current HL model.

Volkswagen To Launch Polo 1.5 TDI
Wow, this is tempting if the news is true. A Polo with a Vento's TDi engine (almost) was always something to look forward to. Lets hope they price the car under 8L OTR.
Old 21st June 2011, 19:41   #27
BHPian

Received a call from VW SA here at pune, when asked when am i going to buy the 1.6, i said i will wait for the Polo with upgraded HU with steering controls. Thats when he said "sir, the Polo Sports will take a while to launch, no one knows when". When i asked him to repeat the name he clearly said " Polo Sports".

Anyone know whats cooking at VW? And whats this sports version?? The indian GTI version?? :-)
Old 21st June 2011, 19:55   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo GTI is slated for launch next year. Will have TSI engine and full sport kit. That's probably what he's talking about.
Old 21st June 2011, 20:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Polo GTI is slated for launch next year. Will have TSI engine and full sport kit. That's probably what he's talking about.

Is this a confirmed news? Any info on the specs?
Old 21st June 2011, 22:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Polo GTI comes with a 1.4 TSI which puts out 180PS and it is mated to a 7-speed DSG.
I think.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks