Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 21:38   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

I kind of like it. its a great effort by Force Motors.

Though it strikingly resembles Chinese Great Wall X240.
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-great-wall-x240.jpg
SirAlec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 21:48   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

Attachment 596191
Hey that's one good looking vehicle! Why couldn't Force collaborate with Great Wall?
Old 19th August 2011, 21:59   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
To be honest, I kind of like the looks, save for 3 items: those blue LED (?) strip under the headlamps.
Really it was so prominently bad even in the behind the shutter view in Force Motors' site prior to the launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Quote:
Hey that's one good looking vehicle!
It looks really good in that angle in the pic sirAlec posted. But looks quite ordinary in the side view pics available on various sites.
The roof rails, across rather than along, looks fantastic, but in the Force One it is along and quite normally ordinary.

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th August 2011 at 22:03.
Old 19th August 2011, 22:49   #454
AVR
BHPian

Good first attempt. While slightly outdated design but FM did well to not attempt the entire process of designing a SUV from scratch.
1) Didn't like the wooden finish on the dashboard but the rest of the interiors look pretty decent. Conservative is better than a design that is jarring to the eye!
2) Wish they had ABS and 4wd options available from the start but I guess they want to gauge market response before putting in any more money
3) Would have been a very good deal for a sub-10L price
4) Atleast we have an option apart from the Scorpio/Safari - much needed to have a few options in that range

Really look forward to a Tbhp review by GTO or someone. Nothing beats our forum reviews in comprehensiveness!

Good luck Force!

Cheers,
Adi
Old 19th August 2011, 23:03   #455
Senior - BHPian

Good going Firodia. I personally liked the vehicle. I hope quality will be good. Personally i have seen that FM cars are good and VFM in there respective segments. Trax was such a good car. It was very tough & was very good to do duties in rural areas. Also it was very spacious. Whatever they do, i guess they are good at it. They might be missing some marketing tricks or brand building, there quality is VFM IMO.

I guess they have launched the vehicle at very good price. Its very big similar to Ford Endevour and at half the price I am sure it will be popular in the rural area more. People already know Force there. Because of its size & presence, i am sure it will become popular in DadaGiri or BhaiGiri Cars lovers. Typical politician car, white color & black glasses
Old 20th August 2011, 01:22   #456
BHPian

Though an imitation of Chinese / American suv still its pretty good effort. I m sure the quality at least for engine per se would be good since they are mainly using merc engines which are pretty reliable. Also if you notice they are giving 3 yrs / 100000 km warranty which i guess is one of the highest (pls correct me if i m wrong). Also if any one has travelled in TRAX in country side i m sure no driver would complain on engine since many of them are very happy to rev engines on Kerosene
Old 20th August 2011, 02:22   #457
BHPian

The car looks nice and big. Interiors look more upmarket than those of the Scorpio and the Safari. Any guesses on the mileage? I would assume it to be in the 12-14 kmpl range. IMO, a lot of people are going to wait for someone they know to buy it first and then decide themselves. Nonetheless, a very good attempt, and for once an Indian maker has plonked an adequately powerful engine right from the beginning.
The Trax had a reliable OM 616 engine and was pretty rugged, but it had quality issues with the body panels. The only serious grouse that it had.
And what do you guys think about the logo? I think it could have been better. Right now it looks like a half hearted attempt.
One more thing I noticed, the area around the windows are very large. I mean the door frames. ICML Rhino also has similar large door frames. IMO, it looks a bit odd, like an armoured vehicle. Both new players in the segment. Could it be because of strengthening issues which could not be sorted out or just plain design oddity?
Old 20th August 2011, 02:33   #458
Senior - BHPian

For a vehicle thats north of 11 lacs the biggest positive I can see so far is its size. Albeit size does not necessarily mean good, will depend on how its packaged inside. I have a fear (at least from the pics) it has a high floor, another thing is that the car seems to be low, comparing the pics which have people standing next to it.

That said one will have to wait till a comprehensive review is done. Force one can be an option if reliability is spot on from day one and theres a decent service network. Wont be easy against the established ones in the market especially the much anticipated W201 and Merlin coming up.
Old 20th August 2011, 06:48   #459
BHPian

My first post on this forum, just got approved today. I dont know if it has been posted but found loads of pictures of the car on their facebook page.
SUV Force One | Facebook

Cheeky buggers make you like the page in order to see more pictures but I dont mind because if everything is fine build and after sales wise, I very much might get this car, sorry SUV.
Old 20th August 2011, 08:26   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

I just can't understand their plans.
If they had developed the platform indigenously then why the body panels from a Chinese SUV?
I mean if they had used a chinese platform and put an indigenously designed body over it, there wouldn't have been much of the 'Made in China' effect (though then it would be REALLY 'Made in China').
And the seating ,some handling could have been sacrificed to make a taller body, just hate these car like seating in SUVs.
Old 20th August 2011, 08:58   #461
BHPian

just saw the brochure on the company website Force One - Be The Force

I must say that I am liking it and want to test drive it very very badly. Spoke to the sales guy yesterday in Pune and he said that he will get the vehicles by next week for TD

Can someone please please please test drive this vehicle? I must say the spaciousness and the engine have me sold though.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro2.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro3.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro4.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro5.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro6.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro7.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro8.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro9.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-bro10.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Force One brochure.pdf (2.07 MB, 897 views)
rk206 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 08:58   #462
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle looks handsome enough, Chinese inspired or not. What matters is how the engine has enough power, has torque and the features it offers along with the quality of after sales service, which could be a troublesome area.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:01   #463
jp1
BHPian

I feel it can be a game changer in that segment. It looks good and priced competitively. Whatever segment they are in, all their vehicles are mechanincally good, but lacked in fit and finish. But hopefully this one makes a difference even in the interior accessory department. Scorpio and Safari need to watch out. Since they have a fairly good service network and the number of vehicles they intend to sell not so large, I feel even in service department, they may not face much problem provided the service networks are trained adequately. Ofcourse the target customer in this are not the same as their current customers and hence need to improve significantly in customer handling and response.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:03   #464
BHPian

Quote:
and those blue LED (?) strip under the headlamps.

Something odd: In the brochure available for download, there is no picture of the rear. Why is that?
Those LEDs are the day-running lamps; though I've not seen this prominent BLUE ones so far.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:03   #465
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2011 at 14:55. Reason: Too many spelling mistakes; please repost
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks