Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 12:09   #346
BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Spotted again. Pics on pg.18

A company launch is scheduled for Friday or Saturday high profile ministers, people from mercedes & Man are going to be present for this high profile event in Pithampur. more info will be passed as & when i get.
Old 7th July 2011, 08:34   #347
BHPian

Sorry no mobiles were allowed anywhere near the assembly line, test drive area. The ride and handling is better than scorpio. I have not used a safari so cannot compare. Interiors are good with tan/beige scheme and white backlit cluster. DRLs are standard. 5 spoke alloys look good.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:31   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Friday and saturday has come and gone, still no news.
Also heard that it maybe launched in 10th of this month. So far no news.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:57   #349
BHPian

that launch was just start of production line, production has started now after a built of 15 - 20 days commercial launch would happen.
Old 11th July 2011, 19:26   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
that launch was just start of production line, production has started now after a built of 15 - 20 days commercial launch would happen.
Are these pre-production units for testing or these would be dispatched to the dealers? Anyway I guess it will be better for the Force to announce the price and check for the responses before building a whole lot of those.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:28   #351
Senior - BHPian

Spied – Force Motors One interiors

OnCars.in has carried an interesting update on their blog of the Force Motors One.

1) The steering wheel has controls for audio, but there is no call answer button. Bluetooth connectivity could be provided with controls on the stereo.

2) The center console with the vinyl wood finish looks utilitarian. It is composed of a cigarette lighter and a 12V power socket for charging laptops and mobile phones using an extension cord.

3) Data shown behind the steering wheel, apart from vehicle speed and engine speed will include real time fuel economy, range, odometer, trip-meter etc.

4) There is an air-conditioning vent provided for the second row along with a centre arm rest that will improve comfort over long distances. The fan speed for second row passengers is adjusted using a tiny dial on the center console. The third row seats collapse and can be accessed by flipping the the second row seats.

5) Force One could have LED daytime running lamps. Projector headlamp is a definite feature. Force has sourced softer components, such as cockpit elements from China and Thailand.

6) Force Motors will launch the vehicle next month with a Daimler-sourced 2.2L diesel engine producing 140bhp of power and 320Nm of torque.

7) Force has localized 75% of the One. It will be priced at around 12 lakh rupees. Sources have told IAB that the 4×2 version will precede the 4×4 next month.

[Spyshots sourced from OnCars.in]
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcemotorsonedashboard.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcemotorsonedashboardcenterconsole.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-forcemotorsonerearseat.jpg  

theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 12:35   #352
Senior - BHPian

Though the size and the Daimler powertrain are major positive attributes of the Force One, I still can't fathom those interiors on a 12-Lakh SUV. At less than half the price, cars like the Hyundai i10 and Volkswagen Polo come with such nice high-quality better-looking interiors than this ugly mix of beige and fake wood. It could be based on a Chinese made SUV, but can't Force Motors source a better looking dashboard and interiors for this so-called premium SUV? Heck, they went to Daimler for powertrain, they went to Lotus for sorting out its handling, then why can't they do this relatively simple job to spruce up the interiors?
Old 14th July 2011, 12:44   #353
BHPian

also note the fins in the air vent are already broken.

this is no way a 12 lac car.. Just waste of all the resources that force has spent on the One.

Now i am convinced its a Foday with a benz engine and a Force badge.

Below is the Pic Of ExploreIII from Guangdong Foday Website. Do you notice its the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-explore-iii.jpg  

Last edited by rajchetan : 14th July 2011 at 12:49.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:31   #354
BHPian

Force One is coming 10 years too late.

I dont think they are going to find any buyers for this@12L.

Look at the center AC vents in the pics. The left vent seems to hav a fin broken and hanging!!!

Extremely disappointing.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:55   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I still can't fathom those interiors on a 12-Lakh SUV. At less than half the price, cars like the Hyundai i10 and Volkswagen Polo come with such nice high-quality better-looking interiors than this ugly mix of beige and fake wood.
In order to give a decent dash, Force motors will have to convince a vendor to invest crores to create injection moulds. I don't think any vendor will have the courage to make this investment for a chinese tin can with a german heart.

It may seem like a value proposition, but depreciation on this thing will hit you like a jack hammer. Eventually these vehicles will be lying next to the abandoned Daewoo ceilos ..
Old 14th July 2011, 14:40   #356
BHPian

Yes its look like a Foday SUV.
But we can not comment on its reliability before the lunch of the product.(just with virtual pictures)
Premier Rio is definitely a Chinese tin can, as its reliability is already well known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstheg View Post
Force One is coming 10 years too late.

I dont think they are going to find any buyers for this@12L.

Look at the center AC vents in the pics. The left vent seems to hav a fin broken and hanging!!!

Extremely disappointing.
Its seems to be a test car.
pre-production model.
we can expect more refined product after the lunch.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th July 2011 at 22:07. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:38   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

And add to the ranting what's done to the top of the dashboard!!!
I know that we South Asian's and gulf Arabs do the same to protect the top of the dashboard from harsh sunlight, but from a factory fit car!!!
Maybe Force's idea of 'soft touch dashboard', looks more like a carpet stuck on top of the dash.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:12   #358
BANNED

The interior pics show too much of Ford'ism in its design.

But the Benz engine and the total proportions makes this a very nice SUV to reckon. We all know how sturdy the Force Travellers are, i need not say more about their reliability.

Yes, maybe they can focus on that little bit of Fit-n-Finish to make this sell well.

Initial pics of this SUV is not as big a Dampner as the most awaited SUV from its other Indian Counterpart.

Hope to see the final product soon.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:58   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
A company launch is scheduled for Friday or Saturday high profile ministers, people from mercedes & Man are going to be present for this high profile event in Pithampur. more info will be passed as & when i get.
Will the janitors from Mercedes also be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
The ride and handling is better than scorpio. I have not used a safari so cannot compare.
Just about every vehicle except has a better ride and handling than Scorpio so this is no bench mark.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:18   #360
Senior - BHPian

@ 4x4 addict,

You just cant stand this Force One contraption, can you??

From the interior pictures its pretty clear that this car does not deserve anything above 10 lacs and is nowhere near 'premium' no matter what the Firodias say. The only good things going for it is the half decent powertrain and the huge size. Force should overhaul their 'premium' strategy and go for the sub 9 lac price, there are plenty of Indians who like a big car especially if the cheaper.

I just feel bad that Force wasted so much time and effort on this chinese misadventure when there was far more potential in a revamped Trax/Judo range.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks