Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 15:27   #316
BANNED

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Spotted again. Pics on pg.18

Spotted this today on my way to hinjewadi. Seems to be same. Must say - it was looking good and fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-img_3366.jpg  

idea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 16:39   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Spotted this today on my way to hinjewadi. Seems to be same. Must say - it was looking good and fast.
Stance looks like that of Safari/Merlin. Also note the twin exhaust integrated in the rear bumper like the Aria.
See below rear shot of the Force One. There are no visible twin exhaust and the bumper is very squarish.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force3.jpg  

the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 16:44   #318

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

@ Idea,

From the vehicles rear profile and the twin exhausts integrated into the bumper that's the new Safari/Merlin and not the Foday SUV aka Force 'premium' SUV (cough....cough...). Good capture though.

For the Force SUV the interiors are the same as the Foday, Force are sourcing this from China. So expect plenty of beige, faux wood coating all over etc..etc... It will mostly look cheesy and the quality will be far from the 'premium' tag.
Old 4th July 2011, 17:11   #319
BHPian

Rear and side view -Force One - Source - rediff

-MUKE
Old 4th July 2011, 17:26   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too feel that this one is Tata Merlin. The rear resembles the Safari rear minus the tailgate defining tyre... but, the OVRMs are definitely from the current gen Safari.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 4th July 2011 at 17:28.
Old 4th July 2011, 17:29   #321
BHPian

Here are some good quality teasers, from my friend working in FM.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-f1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-f2.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-f3.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-f4.jpg  

Old 4th July 2011, 18:28   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I too agree, This looks more like the Safari Merlin. The body silhoutte,taillights are all dead giveway.
Anyway like the Aria treatment given to the dual rear exhausts.Meaty.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:04   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Engines of today don't necessarily follow the bigger-is-better concept. A 3.0L Fortuner develops 343 Nm torque while a 2.2L Freelander does as much as 420 Nm.

I think the Force One with the 2.2 Merc-tech engine should have reasonably good figures.
Completely agree with you, and going on similar lines, 2.2 Hyundai Santa Fe has around 43 kgm of torque along with a lot of power that happens to be 194 bhp. And the Freelander has a Peugeot engine which generally given Peugeot's image would be good.

Point that I was trying to chip in is on different lines. The car needs a more powerful unit and preferably a larger and more powerful 3.0 unit. Given that they are not having an inhouse motor, they wont have higher specific outputs like Santa Fe. So a larger motor with moderate specific outputs will do a good job.

At the same time you have led some amount of confusion here : does larger CC mean that one has more effortless torque ?
T-Fort has quite a good spread and not so significant lag. Innova is another example of how CC does a give out torque will less lag.

Almost all the cars with high torque small capacity engines have issue with lag. Verna, Santa Fe, Vento are examples along with the Fiat SDE. But larger units deliver more torque at lower rpm with less lag.

Just my views. Do correct me if I am wrong ( would like to update myself ).
Old 4th July 2011, 21:57   #324
BHPian

Force Motors SUV to be launched. spotted in Rohtang

I saw these vehicles (two of them parked togather) at rohtang pass and clicked these pictures including when cars engine was open (hope it doesnt infringe any laws rules to clicking pictures of vehicles you dont own. Mods, if it does please remove these pics) since 1 window was open checked it from inside. audio controls and a few more buttons on steering wheel, though overall the interiors didnt look stunning. the vehicle is huge though. pls bear with bad watermarking abilities
Attached Thumbnails
Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.1.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.2.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.3.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.4.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.5.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.6.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.7.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.8.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.9.jpg  

Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai-force-1.10.jpg  

METISWHG is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 00:13   #325

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

@ Metiswhg

Well done, Great pics.

Is it just me or does it actually look like the engine has simply been shoved into the car, It doesn't look neatly laid out at all. Strangely the output Force have claimed recently for the 2.2 engine is the same as that of the Safari!! Are they aiming their guns at Tata?!!

Compared with the Scorpio next to it there is no doubt the Foday is huge and there are plenty of Indians who love the size to price proposition, especially if priced in the sub 10 lacs range. Anything above that and I am doubtful that anyone with a half decent brain will fall for this.
Old 5th July 2011, 03:30   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
@ Metiswhg

Compared with the Scorpio next to it there is no doubt the Foday is huge and there are plenty of Indians who love the size to price proposition, especially if priced in the sub 10 lacs range. Anything above that and I am doubtful that anyone with a half decent brain will fall for this.

I think there are a lot of people looking for something this size. Force has a good chance with this SUV if they don't royally mess it up in after sales.

Though I can understand not wanting to risk trouble with the drivers, but I wish there was an interior shot.
Old 5th July 2011, 06:11   #327
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. spotted in Rohtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
I saw these vehicles (two of them parked togather) at rohtang pass
Brilliant pics metiswhg! By far, these are the best, clearest and most revealing pics of the Force One. If Force Motors come up with sensible pricing and features apart from providing good service back-up, I think they will taste success with this humongous SUV.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:55   #328
Senior - BHPian

Cheap, Cheerful and Chinese (sasta, sundar aur Chinese)!

i dont think the chinese need to launch an all out war with india. they simply send cheap products across the border.

we can make out the outdated shape of the vehicle in question, Force One, the fit and finish lacks quality. The headlights are 100% after market product sourced from one of the countless factories in china.

the desparation of FM is showing in this product, im sure they want to keep the cost to the minimum for the beloved indian customer by giving us a outdated chinese product.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:20   #329
BHPian

@METISWHG;

Excellent scoop man.
Infact the latter have really made your trip.
Overall the car looks Good & somewhat promising with the Mercs engine put into the place.
IMHO, Force Motors need to take care of its Mechanicals, Quality & Comfort to save to it from going Rhino's way.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:23   #330
BHPian

Slightly But looking at the scoops of the Force One again brings to my mind that the headlamps are a tad to small (out of sync with the overall design) for the SUV of such a dimension. Or maybe its the car bra thats playing tricks!? Reminds me of Maruti 800 taillamps on the back of Tata buses.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks