Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 10:05   #541
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Force Motors SUV to be launched. EDIT: Launched @ 11lac Ex-showroom Mumbai

certainly it doesnt make sense. but that doesnt justify the launch of the Force one without any safety stuff, given the price.
and anyway, this is 2011 and the consumers have evolved considerably in terms of both their knowledge and expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
The fact the Pajero when launched had no airbags and it was something like 24L otr for a model that was some 15 years old...does that make sense?
Old 26th August 2011, 10:17   #542
mxx
BHPian

The ACI mag says that the product is not as good as safari. Safari itself is no more a good product and is passed its prime. I wonder how this will be.

Quote:
The fact the Pajero when launched had no airbags and it was something like 24L otr for a model that was some 15 years old...does that make sense?
1. that was 15 years back
2. Just because one manufacturer does not give airbags, it does not mean that force does not have to provide it. In the same way, just look at the number of manufacturers who provide airbags,.

BTW, even with airbags, I doubt it will get any decent scores if put through something like ncap.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:40   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^
Does the test vehicle come with all the accessory like roof rail, bonnet mirror ? I doubt.
Prem.
The RED numberplate says so. Cannot say why it had roof rail, bonnet mirror etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That's a nice catch ariesonu. So, has Force Motors already started testing the 4x4 version, or is it a new variant of Force One with ABS and Airbags? Whatever it is, it is good to see the commitment and hard-work of Force Motors in continuing the relentless testing of the model on Indian roads.
I caught her at TALEGAON TOLL PLAZA & she was in the adjacent lane. The apparent quality & finish seemed quite good. I caught her as soon she left the TOLL & boy could she zoom. I thought I was fantasizing when I saw her racing with BMW X1. Intersetinglty both were of same color. The pics are too hazy to diffrentiate them.

Raab Rakha.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:50   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
^^ What the Scorpio has is airbags! The fact that a 12L vehicle can be sold in India without basic safety such as airbags is criminal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
certainly it doesnt make sense. but that doesnt justify the launch of the Force one without any safety stuff, given the price.and anyway, this is 2011 and the consumers have evolved considerably in terms of both their knowledge and expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
1. that was 15 years back
2. Just because one manufacturer does not give airbags, it does not mean that force does not have to provide it. In the same way, just look at the number of manufacturers who provide airbags.
I totally agree with the above comments about safety and I've been always an advocate of safety devices. Force motors should have definitely provided ABS+Airbags to complete the kit.
But, let's have some facts also. I always take this example, because Toyota is highly regarded and has a huge following in this community so much that even the mistakes knowingly done by the company is also touted as epitome of courage.
Corolla Altis 1.8J - No airbags (sold now and not 15 years ago) (Ex-showroom price in BLR 10.65L for P and 11.59 for D)
Innova GX - No airbags or ABS (again, sold now) (Ex-showroon price in BLR 10.93L)
I agree that these cars have another pricier version which has these features, but for the point, how many members of the forum are ready to call Toyota criminal? (as price has been pointed out as a factor here)
My point is simple, there is still a market (and a huge one) who considers ABS or Airbags as just ornaments and regard the creature comforts above the safety features.
I am ready to change my opinion once the variant of cars with ABS and Airbags start out selling their siblings without the safety kit, in India.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:02   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I totally agree with the above comments about safety and I've been always an advocate of safety devices. Force motors should have definitely provided ABS+Airbags to complete the kit.
But, let's have some facts also. I always take this example, because Toyota is highly regarded and has a huge following in this community so much that even the mistakes knowingly done by the company is also touted as epitome of courage.
Corolla Altis 1.8J - No airbags (sold now and not 15 years ago) (Ex-showroom price in BLR 10.65L for P and 11.59 for D)
Innova GX - No airbags or ABS (again, sold now) (Ex-showroon price in BLR 10.93L)
I agree that these cars have another pricier version which has these features, but for the point, how many members of the forum are ready to call Toyota criminal? (as price has been pointed out as a factor here)
My point is simple, there is still a market (and a huge one) who considers ABS or Airbags as just ornaments and regard the creature comforts above the safety features.
I am ready to change my opinion once the variant of cars with ABS and Airbags start out selling their siblings without the safety kit, in India.
Well, no matter how much we crib about these MUST have, there is sure a market out there and we are just a minute percentage of the total market. May be a six months sales figure will reveal if these MUST have missing has really affected the sales. The company must have thought about these as well, after all integrating airbags and ABS is not a rocket science these days. May be they are just tapping the market and hopefully will bring out a version with these safety equipments.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:03   #546
BHPian

Thanks A350WXB and Durango Dude for the clarification. In that case, I totally retract my statement.

I guess am a bit spoiled by my Cedia which at 10L gives all the bells and whistles there are. For Toyota to consider airbags as optional is quite sad.

Off-topic: The lack of value for life in India continues to shock me.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:07   #547
BHPian

I dont understand why they spend so much on a package that looks outdated at launch itself. Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, i guess they could have a done a lot of good if they worked on their own existing 'domestic G class'.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:31   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Probably, I wouldnt compare this with Scorpio because Scorpio is NOT a SUV. Its more like a MPV/MUV as per its standards.
Without going too off-topic, I would love to know what it is that the Safari provides which the Scorpio doesn't; other than your opinion about it, ofcourse.

If having a 4x4 means it is an SUV, then except the Force One, at the moment both the Safari and Scorpio are matched, they even have similar capacity engines.
benbsb29 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:57   #549
BHPian

Quote:
, but still: I know of people who have BMWs & Mercedes buy GX Innovas or VDi Swifts since ABS or airbags are an "unnecessary expense". One owner even asked me- "what use is an airbag if a drowsy truck driver overruns my vehicle?"

If Force offered ABS as standard for such a heavy and tall vehicle, it would have been better. Airbags, whether the vehicle is advance enough to them be effective, I don't know. And I've been told by dealer staff in Mahindra and Tata that airbags are not that effective in Safaris, Xylos and Scorpios as these have not been designed with airbags in mind. I don't know if that is true.

Last edited by Yeldo : 26th August 2011 at 11:59.
Old 26th August 2011, 12:17   #550
Senior - BHPian

Motoriods have reported sightings of covered mule of F1 SUV & as per them it could be the 4X4/ ABS version. Here is the link to report (has got quite few pictures):

Spied: Is this the Force One 4x4 / ABS version?
Old 26th August 2011, 13:44   #551
BHPian

Waiting for someone to get into one of these. If you do, could you please let us all know what the seemingly zillion warning lights are for!
Old 26th August 2011, 13:47   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Force One is more in the Endeavour range than the Safari Scorpio range. So comparisons with Safari/Scorpio will not do it justice.
If I am not wrong, the original Chinese vehicle was based on the old Ford Explorer. That is why it looks like one.
Old 26th August 2011, 17:11   #553
BHPian

I registered online for a test drive in Mumbai today. Within 2 hours I got a call from Force Motors informing me that the Force One will be available on the 30th for a test drive and they will call me again for a confirmation.

I did not expect this. Very Impressive !

One this is for sure - They seem to be serious about Customer Service (How that translates into A.S.S remains to be seen though)

My take is that rather than just focus on ABS and Airbags (which will be coming in the higher end model anyway) look at the vehicle for what it has to offer. If they had offered the fully loaded version am sure then people would have been cribbing about the price.

Atleast now it is in the price point of a Safari / Scorpio and a new buyer MIGHT think of this as a worthy alternative. Rather than compete with the plus 15 lac SUV I am sure the aim of the company is to initially dent the Sales of the Local competition.

I will throw in my 2 bits next week after I drive the Force One.
Old 26th August 2011, 18:06   #554
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well said. these are probably the same creatures (consumer type) for whom all our blasted manufacturers are laying out the "beige" carpet by way of the surfeit of beige interiors in this country and the miserable looking bling thing kind of design cues in these newer SUV type vehicles - notably the Mahindra stable - each subsequent avatar of their Bolero's and Scorpios look worse than the previous one and thats also not saying much!!!

Quote:
Old 26th August 2011, 19:47   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very well said my friend. Good point you have raised here. The examples you giving are very right. Car like corolla should have basic safety features for base model as well as it is from D segment. Buying car like Toyota with 11-12 lacs & no safety features, people are ok with it? Just because its a Toyota or manufacturer from out side India? I have seen people keep complaining a lot about Indian manufacturer's and dont see mistakes done by other so call imported car makers. In other words these car makers like with T badge or H badge keep looting people and people are ok with it.

With so much metal, does Force one really needs Airbags?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks