Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 10:18   #196
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Common Maruti what have you done..? Every thing in your new swift is excellent except the alloy wheels. If i buy one i will change the alloy wheels to some after market one.
The alloys on the UK Swift and the pictures we have been seeing look fabulous. I can't understand why the alloy design was changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Did a couple of screen grabs and finally managed to get the single shot of the new alloy from the official site.
Attachment 578550

I would say it is too aggressive a design for an OEM and I would have never picked it from any accessories shop. MSIL had to work their design charm on something, didn't they? Thank God, it's only the alloy and hope it looks better in flesh.

Also, I am hearing some insane prices for the Z varients. Cue anyone?
Looks bad IMO. MSIL might be thinking the alloys would look nice once the car is in motion. For a stationary car, the design looks less impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been getting alot of attention lately and now we have got some exclusive information for you. The all new Swift 2011 will be launched in the third week of August, around the 17th to be precise. Bookings have already started and waiting period is close to 3 months already. Maruti Suzuki has tried its level best to get all features on the international Swift to the local Swift and has succeeded to quite an extent. The new Maruti Swift carries alot of features from the international Swift, which you would never dream a Maruti to have as standard equipment. There are two engines on offer and the petrol is available with a 4-speed automatic as well. Maruti Suzuki wants to prevent cannibalization of the Swift with the Ritz by positioning the new Swift as a premium hatchback.

New Maruti Swift 2011 Engines

1.2L VTT Petrol Engine – 89.6 bhp of power
1.3L Multijet Diesel Engine – 80 bhp of power

New Maruti Swift 2011 Fuel Efficiency
Swift Petrol – 21.5 kmpl
Swift Diesel – 25.8 kmpl

New Maruti Swift 2011 Variants
Swift LXi
Swift LDi
Swift VXi
Swift VXi AT
Swift VDi
Swift ZXi
Swift ZDi

New Maruti Swift 2011 Features
Push button start
Electric operated outside rear view mirrors
Electric folding rear view mirrors
USB, Aux port
Bluetooth connectivity
Steering mounted audio controls
Climate control
15-inch wheels (all models except ZXi, ZDi), 16-inch alloy wheels (ZXi, ZDi)
Rear wiper washer demister
Xenon headlights
Sunroof (Optional)

New Maruti Swift 2011 Price
(on-road, Delhi) Swift ZXi Price – Rs. 6.8 lakhs
Swift ZDi Price – Rs. 7.6 lakhs
For other variants – Rs. 30,000/- more than the old Swift.

New Maruti Swift 2011 Colours

White
Black
Silver
Glistening Grey (new)
Blazing Red (new)
Torque Blue (new)

Source: New 2011 Maruti Swift Features, Variants, Price, Colours | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
I would not really believe all of that. Sounds too good to be true. The pricing though is not impressive. Since you say sunroof is optional, the OTR price should be around 7L without that.

In the first place, I really do not think the start/stop button, xenon headlamps and sunroof would ever make it on the Indian Swift even as an option. Even Electric folding rear view mirrors is a bit too optimistic. I would be happy even if they provide electric adjustment for the mirrors.

The power output has always been 75HP on the diesel. How did they achieve 80HP? The ARAI FE figures seem to be change with every blog that is posted.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 18th July 2011 at 10:21.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:31   #197
BHPian

Re: MSIL discontinues old swift, begins production for all new model for August launc

Folks, is there going to be a DZire version of the new Swift too?
Old 18th July 2011, 10:34   #198
BHPian

Good wealth of information from Motorbeam. I feel that the price is a bit on the higher side. The rest looks impressive.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:00   #199
Senior - BHPian

The ad campaigns seems to have started. Todays TOI carries a half page ad with the features being highlighted.
Looking at the features given, tempts me to trade in the old Swift for the new one .
Old 18th July 2011, 11:09   #200
Team-BHP Support

For the benefit of the community, sharing mass sms sent out by MUL to dealers.

Quote:
New Swift with more space, power & style ; launch in Aug; variants lxi, vxi, zxi, ldi, vdi, zdi; Booking started
Quote:
New Swift Booking amount Rs.10,000; Existing Swift bookings can be upgraded till 1st Aug with inact seniority
Tried copy pasting as it is w/o adding any bits on my own.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:55   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The ad campaigns seems to have started. Todays TOI carries a half page ad with the features being highlighted.
Looking at the features given, tempts me to trade in the old Swift for the new one .
Just checked the "e-TOI". The ad is there, but no mention of any features. Am I missing something?

Further regarding the price of the ZDI, IMO 7.6L seems to too optimistic and can't be true. The current Dzire ZDI OTR Delhi is 7.96L, and if the current reports are to be believed, the CS Dzire would be around 30k cheaper. So almost equal pricing for the hatch and CS Saloon doesn't make any sense. Even if a CS is not launched a price difference of 36k for the hatch and sedan is not justified at all.

In all probability the ZDI should be around 7L OTR.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 18th July 2011 at 13:17.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:56   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I am hoping to trade my Swift VXi 1.3 for a Diesel version
Just hope that they get the quality right with the new swift.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:13   #203
Senior - BHPian

Here it is. Hindustan Times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
It would be nice if you could post the features published in the TOI.
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-18_07_2011_018_005.jpg  

mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 14:18   #204
BHPian

As told by Mahalaxmi Auto, Pune SB road the New swift would be launched on 15th August and the petrol and diesel variants would be available for delivery by August end. They are going to follow a first booked first delivered policy, so hopefully I should be the first one to ge the Zdi . As far as the pricing is concerned it would be available by end of July.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:13   #205
BHPian

I have decided to book a Swift ZDi. Just checked in Hyderabad about the booking amounts. I was quoted 50K but was able to negotiate it for 10k with Rs 100 for cancellation.

I was getting info that the onroad price for ZDi version in Hyderbad may be close to Rs 7.3 to 7.5 lakhs considering 70K increase over the existing VDi model. I hope it is priced less than this.

Waiting time is upto 6 months.

@ Racer X when did you book the Car? Was it recently booked?
Old 18th July 2011, 21:31   #206
BHPian

some of the information posted is incorrect. Diesel will be 75BHP. Diesel FE is around 24. Also pricing seems too premature. we will have to wait for the launch to know about the prices.

Last edited by nurni76 : 18th July 2011 at 21:32.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:31   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Website has been updated -

http://www.marutiswift.com/

All Swift lovers, better bookmark it.

Every time you open the site, it will give you a choice of either decoding the exteriors or the interiors within 20 seconds (darn near impossible to do, if you ask me!) Then it says in bold letters,

"Hold Your Breath A Little Longer".
Coming Soon, The New Swift.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:59   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Website has been updated -

Maruti Swift

All Swift lovers, better bookmark it.

Every time you open the site, it will give you a choice of either decoding the exteriors or the interiors within 20 seconds (darn near impossible to do, if you ask me!) Then it says in bold letters,

"Hold Your Breath A Little Longer".
Coming Soon, The New Swift.
If you look closely, in the interior pics, i dont see engine start/stop button. Looks like it wont find its way in Indian model.

In the exterior pics, there is a DDiS badge and not VVT.

If above two are present, I would expect Maruti to flaunt these or they are keeping it secret till launch! I hope, I will be proven wrong and they are present in new Swift.

Last edited by Selective : 18th July 2011 at 22:01.
Old 18th July 2011, 23:16   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is my humble try (using Paint tool) at decoding both the exterior and the interior of the new Swift from their official website.

The originals, as they are posted with a 20-second timer, and my tries.

So, what are we looking at here?

Definitely the ACC (top-end), what else?
Attached Thumbnails
MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-exteriors.gif  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-exteriors-decoded.gif  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-swift-interiors.gif  

MSIL discontinues old swift. EDIT : New Swift LAUNCHED!-interiors-decoded.gif  

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2011 at 23:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 23:33   #210
MAS
Senior - BHPian

EXcellent work Raven. The interiors look much better than the out going model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks