Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 06:21   #31
BHPian

re: Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine

I have the following in my Cruze, after-market fitted to my very specific custom specifications:

1. Dead Pedal
2. Removable Front Passenger Right Arm rest.

Total cost: INR 3,000.

The person who implemented was reluctant when I offered to share this information on Team BHP as this kind of job is not his usual cup of tea.

PS: I am working on an Ownership thread of my own, where I shall cover these modifications.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Not sure if it's website error or points towards things to come but this is a screenshot of the Chevrolet India website as on 14th September. This is the first time I saw this.

Attachment 609671
The "New" seems to be the facelifted version with all Black interiors etc launched 3-4 months back. I checked the pricing on "New" version with current ex-showroom pricing and it matches.
Old 18th September 2011, 08:17   #33
BHPian

Guys any updates as to when the New Cruze might me launched?? On some websites the speculated date was around diwali. But the Trident guy told me around 5-6 months from now. Anybody have any idea??
Old 18th September 2011, 10:59   #34
Team-BHP Support

Why is there no petrol-engine option on the Cruze? Any particular reason for this? This car begs for a high-strung petrol engine, if you ask me. Yes, petrol has become dearer, and is only going to get more expensive as the months go by, but what about those who don't really care about the hikes and want a petrol anyway?

Perhaps estimated low volumes of the petrol-powered Cruze has led Chevrolet to believe that it is not feasible to introduce a petrol engine at all? A limited run would be great. Is it because Chevrolet believe that the investments on the petrol-Cruze would be a lot and it wouldn't yield benefits?

And a car that retails at 16 lakhs without a dead pedal?

This car would be fantastic on the highway, and highway drives would mean prolonged left-foot pain, without a dead-pedal. Even my 8 year old Santro has a dead-pedal for crying out loud!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th September 2011 at 11:01.
Old 18th September 2011, 20:14   #35
BHPian

I think GM should work on the interiors a bit. I don't mind paying extra if the interiors are plusher. Also, why does the Cruze weigh more than 1500 Kgs? The Laura (which I felt was better built and sturdier) weighs only 1300Kgs. GM should look into reducing weight which might translate into better FE, performance and handling. I was planning on buying the Cruze this year but have postponed it till early next year due to lack of vitamin M. Hope my decision turns out to be a good one.
Old 18th September 2011, 20:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Why is there no petrol-engine option on the Cruze? Any particular reason for this? This car begs for a high-strung petrol engine, if you ask me. Yes, petrol has become dearer, and is only going to get more expensive as the months go by, but what about those who don't really care about the hikes and want a petrol anyway?

Perhaps estimated low volumes of the petrol-powered Cruze has led Chevrolet to believe that it is not feasible to introduce a petrol engine at all? A limited run would be great. Is it because Chevrolet believe that the investments on the petrol-Cruze would be a lot and it wouldn't yield benefits?

And a car that retails at 16 lakhs without a dead pedal?

This car would be fantastic on the highway, and highway drives would mean prolonged left-foot pain, without a dead-pedal. Even my 8 year old Santro has a dead-pedal for crying out loud!
I think you have mentioned the answer in your response Chevy doesnt have any ready made high displacement petrol engine in the Indian market unlike Skoda which had a 1.8TSi in Superb which it plonked in Laura. And even Skoda Tsi which is a gem of an engine is struggling to find buyers thanks to petrol prices. So Chevy knows it will not garner any sort of volumes for Petrol powered Cruze which means they are probably not going to justify the costs involved in getting a new petrol engine to India and Cruze. Plus Chevy petrols are not know for good FE, take Optra for example which got a bad image due to its heavy sipping petrol avatar.

+1000 to point about the dead pedal. I dont know how Chevy could overlook this, especially in a car which is made for highway runs!
Old 26th September 2011, 12:44   #37
BHPian

Does anyone have any new updates on this?
I am gravitating towards the "missile" as my next car and do not mind waiting for a few more months if the update is on the cards soon. What are the chances of the refresh/update getting launched by first quarter of next year?
Old 6th October 2011, 11:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Does anyone have any new updates on this?
I am gravitating towards the "missile" as my next car and do not mind waiting for a few more months if the update is on the cards soon. What are the chances of the refresh/update getting launched by first quarter of next year?
Missile Countdown T-2 months...

I read in a Chevy forum that the same engine is to be introduced in the US in 2013. Sine the US gets what we get after 1 year, perhaps we would get it in 2012. This engine is already available in the UK and Australia.

As for the lack of petrol engines, GM sells the turbo-charged petrol 6-speed AT Cruze ECO in the US as its flagship variant and it is quite a seller. They could bring the same to India.

Subsidized diesel will one day no longer be available to private vehicle consumers in India.
Old 6th October 2011, 20:38   #39
BHPian

Heard from some reliable source that 6 speed manual will also be added to 2012 models. If true, that is going to be a nice upgrade.

But not very clear on they will move to an independent suspenion setup for rear from the current torsion beam setup or not.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 6th October 2011 at 20:46.
Old 4th November 2011, 13:03   #40
BHPian

Sorry to bump this up guys, but really looking forward to this... Any updates on this?
Old 1st January 2012, 20:31   #41
BHPian

Is this Chevrolet's New face-lifted CRUZE?

Few Auto blogs have got this pic of Chevrolet CRUZE in its face-lifted avatar

Cruze Updates in pipeline: EDIT: Launched with new engine-chevroletcruzefacelift.jpg
i.e with Refreshed elements like New front Bumper, Fog lamps, Air Dam & Grille design.

Source: 2013 Chevrolet Cruze facelift front fascia spied
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 20:52   #42
Team-BHP Support

Re: Is this the Chevrolet's New face-lifted CRUZE !

Dont think these changes will make an impact; not that it needed any (atleast in the looks department!). But i hope the refresh version comes with the rumoured powerful (163 bhp?) VCDi engine.

And a harder suspension could help too!
Old 1st January 2012, 21:02   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

For me, the wish list would be

1. More rear space
2. Interior quality improvement
3. Reduced lag
4. Better GC ?

I guess these will make the over all package better than adding some extra HPs! As told, I am fine with the looks.
Old 1st January 2012, 21:15   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Increased space would be hard, unless they redesign the interiors.
However, interior quality improvement, a better engine, and reduced lag would be great to have, along with a touchscreen HU (like a CASKA)
Don't like the bumper though.
Old 1st January 2012, 21:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Sure looks like it - but no major improvement for sure, it looks ok even now, except cannot seat people in comfort (my experience) My head touches the roof - hope they have done something on that account

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks